Nagasaki is one of the few...
Nagasaki is one of the few places in Japan where you can see Christian churches. Here already long time ago, the Portuguese tried to do some missionary work, with big consequences for the people that turned to Christian believe. The memorial for 26 marters is one of the examples of this past cruelty against Christians. Many got crusified or were killed in other horrible ways, so that the religion only could be held in secrety. Now-a-days it is here that one can find the largest concentration of Christians in Japan and several churches in Western style.
Nagasaki, is the most beautiful port town in Japan
Nagasaki has opened its door to overseas such as Portugal, Dutch as well as Chine since old days, so a lot of historical and cultural assets still remain in the city.
"Where to visit"
1) Glover Garden, is the must visit tourist attraction.
2) Oura Cathedral, is one of the famous landmarks in Nagasaki City
3) Peace Statue and Ground Zero, in Peace Memorial Park
4) Urakami Cathedral, was destroyed due to Atomic bomb in 1945, and
was rebuilt 1959.
5) Site of the Martyrdom of the 26 Saint in Japan
6) Suwa Shrine, where Nagasaki Kunchi, one of big-three Festival in Japan is held
7) Confucius shrine, is the world's only Confucian shrine built outside China by Chinese hands.
8) Kofuku temple, is the first Chinese tempel in Nagasaki
9) Sofukuji Temple, is a Chinese temple
10) Dejima, fan-shaped artificial island for Dutch trading during Japan’s isolation policy.
"More places to see"
1) China Town, is one of big thee china town in Japan.
2) Hollander Slope
3) Higashiyamate District
4) Mt. Inasa-yama, a view place where you can look whole view of beautiful city of Nagasaki
5) Atomic Bomb Museum, and Peace Fountain, in Nagasaki Peace Memorial Park
6) Megane-bashi, Spectacles Bridge spanning the Nakashima River