International Minshuku Kokage

Booking.com Priceline.com Agoda.com

Satisfaction Poor

• bennieofzo's Profile Photo

A warm atmosphere

Unique Quality: In downtown of Beppu City.
    A Hot spring bath made of rocks is available.
    Communally used bath.
    Private used bath.
    Toll parking.
    Laundry.
    Hot spring spa.

Directions: 2 minutes walk from JR Beppu Station. And 10 minutes by bus from Beppu intemational Sightseeing Port.

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo

Good Value in Beppu

We were less than 5 days into our honeymoon when we stayed here. It was a place I had discovered doing research here in Australia and wanted us to stay in it as an alternative to the western style hotels we were staying in at Kyoto and Tokyo.

Unique Quality: There were probably no outstanding features of this hotel as such, but it was well situated for us, having arrived by train. It was also handy to shops, eating places, a 5 minute walk down to Takegawara Spa and about 10 minute walk down to the bay and the buses for the Seven Hells tour (a bit touristy, but still worth seeing if you are in Beppu).
    It does have its own onsen facilities - 1 hot spring bath which is able to be used 6.00 a.m. - 9.00 a.m. and 4.00 p.m. - midnight.
    the coin operated tv and airconditioning were interesting features we hadn't encountered before or since.
    The one thing I really enjoyed here and would love to have in our our house was the upright, deeper bath. One of the real benefits of knowing about, then travelling to Japan, is bathing!! Having a shower first to cleanse the skin then relaxing in as hot a bath as you can handle. Very relaxing indeed!!!!

Directions: If arriving by train, turn downhill (I think a roughly easterly direction) and it's only a couple of minutes walk

More about International Minshuku Kokage

A warm atmosphere

by bennieofzo about Minshuku Kokage

In downtown of Beppu City.
A Hot spring bath made of rocks is available.
Communally used bath.
Private used bath.
Toll parking.
Laundry.
Hot spring spa.

Good Value in Beppu

by aussiedoug about Minshuku Kokage

Even now it is described as budget style accommodation, but that didn't make it any less comfortable than any other place we stayed in during our 5 week honeymoon in Japan then the USA. I did have my doubts when I saw the tatami type sleeping arrangements with a tiny pillow, but I honestly must say that our few nights there were the best I slept including our stay at the Waldorf-Astoria in New York. I don't know if the benefits of the hot sand bath (sunaburo - see my must see activities) helped promote this healthy, relaxed sleeping or not. There were probably no outstanding features of this hotel as such, but it was well situated for us, having arrived by train. It was also handy to shops, eating places, a 5 minute walk down to Takegawara Spa and about 10 minute walk down to the bay and the buses for the Seven Hells tour (a bit touristy, but still worth seeing if you are in Beppu).

Minshuku KokageMinshuku Kokage