Did you mean?Try your search again
Our Members Say
- Reviews: 968
Great Price, Great Staff, Great View: Washuzan Youth Hostel
Washuzan Youth Hostel is a youth hostel located in Kojima at the tip of the peninsula near the Washuzan resthouse and lookout. From the hostel, there is an excellent view of the Seto Ohashi Bridge and Seto Inland Sea. When the bridge is lit up at night, it is quite beautiful!
The rooms for individuals each have two beds, a light (with one electrical outlet for you to use), an area to place your items, a small table with chairs, and a heater/air conditioner. The baths are communal however, even when the hostel is full, there should never be too many people bathing at once. Three people can wash at once, and the bath is available when you finish washing. Pay attention to the sign that hangs from the door if others are already bathing. It will indicate their sex, so you can enter if it matches your sex, but if it is different, you'll need to use the other bathing area or wait until it is open. If you are the first to take a bath, then put the sign of your sex on the door.
There is a common room with a large television, many books and manga (in Japanese), and pool tables. There are many maps and pamphlets at the hostel that you can take to plan sightseeing trips around Kojima, Okayama, and Kurashiki. They will also serve breakfast (525 yen) and dinner (945 yen), if you order it. Snacks are also available.
The owner of the hostel is extremely kind. If it is not too busy, he may even offer to pick you up at Kojima Station and take you to the hostel on your first night there. Buses come and go once per hour. A bus schedule is available at the hostel.
The cost is only 2100 yen per night, so it's very affordable! If you are visiting both Okayama and Takamatsu (Shikoku), the location of the hostel is ideal! Of course, there are also many places in Kojima to tour. My experience at this hostel was great!
You can make reservations online at the website provided (in English). Just note: There is one mistake on the online reservation form. The English language part switches the "month" and "year" areas. It's not hard to figure out, but if your Japanese is limited, this will help you to make your reservation. As the website states, online reservations should be made more than 3 days prior to arrival. If you plan to arrive sooner, you should call (in Japanese).
Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful
- Hotels: Booking.com
- Lowest price guarantee! Book at over 275,000 hotels online www.booking.com/Hotels
- Hotels.com Official Site
- Relax and Leave the Details to Us. Book Today and Save a Bundle! www.hotels.com/
- Hotels In Japan
- Explore Hotels In Japan. Get Answers Now on Ask.com. www.ask.com/Hotels+In+Japan
Explore the World
- Useppa Island Hotels
- Setti Fatma
- Manitou Springs Hotels
- Wolviston Hotels
- Papua New Guinea Hotels
- Estado de Baja California Sur
- Vista Shores Hotels
- Bal Harbour Hotels
- Daisy Hotels
- Castelre Hotels
- Manhattan Beach
- Livermore Hotels
- Xiamen Hotels
- Old Sacramento State Historical Park Hotels
- Avebury Hotels
- Japan Hotels
- All hotels in all cities. Up to 75% Select your hotel and book! www.agoda.com/Japan_Hotels
- Cheap Japan Hotels
- Cheap Japan Hotels Save 40% Book before losing your discount! travel.rakuten.com/
- Hotels - up to 70% Off
- Find Discounts on Hotel Rooms Now. Compare Rates up to 70% Off! www.travelzoo.com/
- Hilton Hotels in Japan
- Rooms From Just $81 with Hilton. There's Always a Reason to Get Away japan.hilton.com/Sale
- 創業200年の技術と実績、東証上場 各種大型油圧プレスの小島鐵工所 www.kojimatekko.co.jp/