Hotel Granvia Okayama

Expedia.com Travelocity Agoda.com

More about Granvia Okayama Hotel

An eastcliff gem!

by TripAdvisor Member handycross

What a find! We were lucky enough to pick up a last-minute cancellation for a New Year's Eve package and consequently weren't expecting too much.
How wrong we were. Our room was large and comfortably furnished with a bathroom to match. Both the standard of food and the choices available really were excellent, particularly for my wife who being a vegetarian often finds this option bland, but certainly not at this hotel.
Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and there was the added bonus of being able to use the facilities of the adjacent sister hotels - The Suncliffe and the opulently refurbished art-deco Cumberland.
Ideally situated for a short stroll to the town centre in Winter or the fabulous beach in Summer we are looking forward to returning in the very near future.

A room so bad I checked out within the hour

by TripAdvisor Member kazric

From the website this looks like a traditional hotel that has been refurbished and modernised. It isn't anything like the website. I arrived at 5.30pm checked into my room and had to go immediately to a business meeting.

The room was dark, smelly and with the window open there was the constant noise of the kitchen extractor fan. The furniture was damaged, the drawers didn't open properly and the blankets and sheets were rough.

The en suite was grimy and dated. The pool, which appears to be modern and clean in the website photos, was small, green with mildew and entirely uninviting.

I could not stop thinking about how awful it all was throughout my business meeting. On return to the hotel I asked if I could be moved to another room. I was told the room I was in was a sea view room and I had been "Upgraded" to it and that no other rooms were available.

I went back to the room, you can see the sea from it through the filthy net curtains and the window covered in bird mess, so long as you are standing at it and looking out to the side of it.

I phoned my husband who tracked down another hotel in Bournemouth for me and checked out at 8.30pm. I lost the £60 deposit I had paid and will be writing to trading standards about the misrepresentation of this hotel on their website.

"Comfortable Stay"

by TripAdvisor Member GBBournemouth

Having just returned from a 2 night stay at the Cliffeside, I thought I would leave a review as I was surprised to read the ones before I booked and can honestly say it was a good stay in a very comfortable hotel.

From the moment I checked in I was greated with a friendly smile from the girl on Reception and made to feel very welcome with everything being explained to me upon check-in.

My room was OK, I was even upgraded from a single to a double room at no extra cost and to a female traveller this was wonderful. My room was bright, clean and airy although it could do with a little bit of TLC in places.

The pool was crystal clear and looked very inviting although I didn't have a chance to use it as I was working all day attending meetings.

In conclusion I had a very pleasent stay at this hotel and will be returning next month as I have booked again.

Great Location!

by TripAdvisor Member blistertrailer

Although far too expensive for this grade of hotel the hotel was nice. All the staff were pleasent and polite though the slow breakfast serving (due to it all being freshly cooked to order) brought them no end of complaints.
The hotel is in a fantastic location being right on the cliff facing the sea between bournemouth and boscombe piers and has a cliff lift within 200 metres, even the cost of a taxi from town at night was only £3.50.
it has a great sheltered pool and fully kitted gym as well as use of the facilities of their sister hotels the cumberland and the suncliff.
The room was in need of decorating, was small but comfortable. The tv was about 20 years old and had terrible reception (is it too much these days to ask for digital freeview in hotels?), the bathroom though was lovely. i would recommend this hotel for people not looking to spend too much time there, and would recommend it to anyone on location alone.

This place is absolutely awful, needs to be updated with a full refurbishment!!

by TripAdvisor Member Alibongo72

The whole hotel needs a refurbishment throughout. Our room was 366 on the third floor and it was dull and drab and nothing worked. The bed was so old it had springs poking out of it. The carpet was old and dirty. The mirror was broken. The bathroom had a bath with a so called shower in it, but it was just a hose coming out of the taps with a sprinkler on it and that was broken. The television was a really old portable from the eighties, that had to be tuned in everytime you used it, just to watch one channel. We couldn't have any hot drinks in our room because the kettle was so old and grotty with dirty limescale in the bottom. To top it all off we decided one night we were going to have a meal in the restaurant and we had a plate of food each and we had a glass of water each and we were charged 40 pounds, a total rip off for what we got!! If we hadn't of paid for the hotel beforehand, we would of walked out and got another place to stay that was how bad it was. As you walk into the hotel it looks reasonable enough, but when you go into the bar you see how badly it needs refurbished. The worst parts are the rooms. We won't be going back, we can assure you that!!!! We wouldn't recomment it to anybody!!!

Comments