Hotel le Blion Naha

Agoda.com Expedia.com Booking.com

More about Naha

Help with car rental

by chachasuey

Where can I go online to reserve a car to pick up at 9pm (when we land in Naha) and has a site that is in english? I noticed budget says they are closed at 8pm.

by olddude

You don't say where you are coming from or when you are coming, but ToCoo (and I think the others as well, but not sure) stay open until 10:00pm from Jul-Sep at Naha airport. If budget doesn't have summer hours, here is the website for ToCoo at Naha:

Don't worry, it is in English.

Unfortunately, Naha Airport is the "sticks" as far as services are concerned. pretty much everyting at the airport closes about 8pm. I think even the tourist information desk even closes at 9pm. I used to pick up plenty of people from that airport in my car.

Hi Oldude,
I'm coming from the states, but we did manage to rent a car. Only problem is we can't get one until the day after we land because we land at 8:40.
So my question, do you know how much a taxi ride from Naha Airport to the Marriott in Nago City would be? We'll need to do round trip, so we are wondering if it might be cheaper to just stay in Naha the night we land.

by olddude

Definitely cheaper to stay in Naha for the night if you pick the right accommodation. A taxi to go that far is going to cost you about $150 one way to go that far. I base that on the cost from Naha to Okinawa City which is about half the distance and costs $60.

by chachasuey

thanks, a little more digging and I found that a bus from Naha to Nago is only about $13, but do they stop running at 8 too, like the airport? I saw the link you posted somewhere else about the routes, but nowhere can I find anything about times except that there is no schedule. I believe a bus leaves Naha Bus terminal every 15 minutes(though probably not the route I need every 15!)
So in summary, how late do the buses run (particularly to Nago)?

by olddude

The buses usually stop about 10pm so there is a chance you could be stranded on the way to Nago unless you catch the express to Nago from Naha. I think it is bus #111. Here is a listing of the bus routes. It was desined for military personnel on the island to go from installation to installation, but there is useful info in it for you.

by chachasuey

boy are you fast! Thanks!! for everything!

by chachasuey

Just an update, sorry it took so long...we did get the rental car the night we landed. We used Budget, we called them and explained the time we land, and they had someone come pick us up and we managed to get our car the same night we landed!

by olddude

That's good to hear! I am glad everything worked out for you. I am going back for a visit in October.

Comments