1205-2, Yogi, Okinawa, Okinawa Prefecture, 904-2174, Japan

Tokyo Dai-ichi Hotel Okinawa Grand Mer Resort
Agoda.com Booking.com Travelocity

• Okinawa's best hotel

I made a reservation aproximately one week in advance for a 3 day week end. I asked for a large room (Queens suite) with ocean view, when I checked in, the room was not what I thought I was getting according to the pictures on their web site and brochure. I went down stairs and told the young lady at the desk that I was not happy with the room I was given and that I was shown a very specific type of room when I made the reservations. In fifteen minutes I was escorted to the 14th floor and into one of the nicest rooms I had seen in all of Japan. The great thing about my stay at the Grand Mer was they only charged me for the original room price and I found out later the room they gave me was almost double the price of the room I wanted. The entire staff was checking to make sure I got everything I needed. They also gave me complimentary coupons and tickets to all the spa's, resturants, bars and stores in the hotel. I had a wonderful time and if I ever stay in another hotel in Okinawa it will definately be the Grand Mer. They also give military discounts to US Military. The view from the room was spectacular. Most of the staff speaks english and can get you a taxi to take you anywhere you want to go. They also have all kinds of vacation and tourist packages to keep you busy. Check out the web site listed below.

Unique Quality: Absolutely a 5 Star hotel and the best staff to take care of your needs. Original room was priced at $126 per night double occupant.

Directions: See website below for information

More about Grand Mer Hotel Okinawa

Nice Place along the Coast

by pgj579 about Hotel Grand Mer

The Hotel Grand Mer is a nice hotel along the coast ok Okinawa, near Naha. It has great views of the Nakagusuku Bay. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the hotel had a very good restaurant on the premise. However, it seemed to be rather isolated from other restaurant districts, sight-seeing areas, and beaches in Okinawa. There was no ATM at the hotel, so getting cash was inconvenient, and taxi rides from the hotel to other places in the area tended to be expensive.

Hotel in Okinawa City

by sarahreynold about Grand Mer Hotel Okinawa Japan

Ideal 4 star hotel in Okinawa. I was very pleased with the hotels I visited in Okinawa, the Grand mer hotel, 4 star, ideal business hotel in Okinawa. The swimming pool is indoor, but I guess this is a benefit during the winter months. Very good last minute deal.

Grand Mer Hotel Okinawa JapanGrand Mer Hotel Okinawa Japan

Restaurants...

by makemelaugh

Can anyone recomend any great, upscale or 5 star restaurants on the main isle of Okinawa? (Not necessarily Naha.) Thanks! :)

RE: RE: Restaurants...

by olddude

Here are a few: Heki Kumoji Main Branch, Naha
Hanagasa Sky Lounge, Naha near Shuri Castle on 15th floor of hotel...resturaunt revolves....good place to watch the sunset
Zen, Hamby Town (French and Italian)
Loisir Hotel, Naha
Sam's by the Sea (I don't conider it one, but some people do)
Also some of the resorts have some world class dining...try the Grand Mer, Cocoa's Garden in Gushikawa, or Busena (this one is quite a drive but the Presidentail suite goes for $5000 a day so figure how nice the dining is)

These are just a few, but there are more. Give me type of food you are looking for and I will do my best to steer you the right way.

RE: RE: Restaurants...

by makemelaugh

Ah, sounds like I have something to work with! :) Thanks! I would really like to find something along the lines of seafood, Japanese, Okinawan, or Indonesian foods mainly. And I'll be dining alone so I'd really rather a place that I wont end up walking out of for trying to sit me at "the bar" which happened once when I lived in Tokyo. A bit much to ask for I'm sure. LOL.

Comments