Sunrise Kanko Hotel

2-1-46 Goya, Okinawa, Okinawa Prefecture, 904-0021, Japan

More about Okinawa

Seiden (Main hall) of the Shurijo CastleSeiden (Main hall) of the Shurijo Castle

Looking for house

by liferider3000

I am moving to Okinawa in August or September and am looking for a house. What are some good site to look on. I have looked at Tomiya and Koza, are there anymore. Is it possible to get a nice house in Okinawa City on the beach for less than 280,000Yen.

RE: Looking for house

by olddude

Last answer first...yes it is possible to get a nice house here for 280,000 yen. However, there is no beach in Okinawa City (unless they have been hiding it from me for the past 3 years...hahaha). Seriously though, there are many nice places for rent in that price range. There are tons of housing agencies but unfortunately, most do not have websites for online viewing of their properties. Here is another one that has a fairly decent site:

www.tokuzato.co.jp/housing

Also, here is a new site that just started that lists some properties all over the island.

www.oki-us.com

Your best bet is to call or e-mail an agency from the following website if you are specifically interested in the Okinawa City area or a beachfront place:

www.oki-peace.com

That is the URL for the Peace housing office and Okinawa Yellow Pages. This link however last time I checked was using the 2003 edition of the phone book. Most of the info in it is still accurate today. I personally used Sunny's Housing as an agent (largest on the island). They have/had an excellent website, but it hasn't worked in quite some time. I simply e-mailed them before I got here, gave them my needs and wants, and they had 6 properties for me to look at when I got here that met my criteria.

Why Okinawa City? Are you military? Or civilian working for military? Okinawa City is not "near" a beach. Also, as far as I know, there are no rentals directly on a beach anywhere on Okinawa, but pretty close. Most of those properties are covered by resorts.

Travel Tips for Okinawa

Paradise

by Jim70563

I love living here. If I could spend the rest of my career here, I would count myself as one of the luckiest people in the world. My family agrees. I will add more later, but I just had to say this here.

Comments