Western Hotel

More about Okinawa

Zanpa BeachZanpa Beach

Housing

by usmcgclef

I am searching for a small apartment near Camp Foster in Okinawa. I am currently military but will be going over a civilian. If you could please help me out with webpages or contact info, that would be awesome. Thanks!

Semper Fi,
Elizabeth Renaud

RE: Housing

by olddude

Liz,

Go over to the Kadena AB house office and get a list and a map to all the housing agents. That will be a good start if you haven't already done that. Most of the agents on the island do not have websites. I use Sunny's Housing in Chatan and they gave me great service, but there are 20 or 30 other agents you can try. I will also talk to some of my Okinawan friends for you and see if they know of any openings. I suggest using the agents that have access to base because if you have a problem with a landlord that is not base approved and speaks English, you could have some serious problems getting it resolved. Are you still going to be SOFA status?

Al

RE: Housing

by Belle_tj

Hi, this is not an answer to your query (sorry) but a question, are you with the US military based in Japan? coz my guy will be assigned there late this year and im going to follow and would just like to ask you a few questions if it's ok :) email me at ryle020@kaxy.com if it's ok, if not.. i totally understand. im just new to this whole thing... thanks.

take care,
Belle.

RE: RE: Housing

by makemelaugh

I am also looking for a place. I am relocting from Tokyo to Okinawa. (Hopefully.) But I am looking for a small place with a telephone landline and internet DSL/Cable. Is it fairly simple to find? Thanks!

RE: RE: Housing

by usmcgclef

Hey, thanks for getting back to me! I haven't checked here forever; a lot has gone on in the past few months! I won't be going over SOFA. He has to do the whole DEERS and I'm not sure what else. He just started the paperwork today because he just got back from leave. We'll see what happens. I'd love it if you could guide me along in this! Thanks a million!

~Elizabeth

Travel Tips for Okinawa

Okinawa

by dgines

"Island Fever"

Okinawa is perhaps the largest population of Americans outside of America with all four US military services hosting bases on the tiny Island. It is home to the largest air base in the Pacific, Kadena Air Base and for a little while longer the home of the 3d Marine Expeditionary Unit.

I lived on the island of Okinawa for almost three years and came to appreciate the island way of life. I adopted the "dijobu" lifestyle in my personal life, while slaving away at the business of maintaining air power in South East Asia.

Comments