3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Universal Studios JapanUniversal Studios Japan

The ElevatorThe Elevator

Taxi rules in Osaka

by lito_quiogue

Taxis in Osaka are plentiful. The drivers are courteous despite the language barrier. I wonder if what we did in one occassion was against the rule or practise. The driver seem concerned with our request to stop the cab at some point for a passenger to get off midway to my hotel. Or was it just due to the difficulty in communicating?

Re: Taxi rules in Osaka

by xymmot

Taxi cab driver in Japan are professionals that take orders to take you point to point. They probably did not know that you wanted to drop someone off mid-way to the destination and was stun. Plus there are rules of setting people off in the middle of the road. If yu would have clearify that you want to go from A to B, then to C, he would acommedate with no problem knowing where there is a safe place to drop off the passenger.

Re: Taxi rules in Osaka

by xymmot

lost in translation

Travel Tips for Osaka

NEEDING A SNACK

by heywinks

I spend most of my time in Umeda whenever I go to Osaka. It`s mostly shopping & eating for me there. When I lived in Osaka, on weekends, I used to stroll by the shops & explore parts of Umeda that I haven`t been to before. Often times the hours would just fly on by. If I got hungry & wanted to eat something (but not sit down in a restaurant), I would go to the department stores` food level in the basement. There, I can sample (for free) alot of the foods that they sell & get almost full.
My favorite dept store to sample the food is Hanyku Dept Store. After that, Hanshin Dept Store.
I think many people go to sample the food, not just me, so I don`t feel so bad when I don`t buy anything!
This is definitely an experience, going to the food levels of the dept stores. Even if you don`t sample the food, it`s amazing all the activity around you!

The Shinsaibashi district...

by sunnywong

The Shinsaibashi district stretches north-south from Nagahori-dori street to Dotonbori Horikawa, with many long-established shops and department stores. This district is represented by the arcaded Shinsaibashi-suji Shopping Street.

Osaka Subway Train Station

by freddie18

A huge Osaka Station is situated in the centre of the city of Osaka's Umeda district in Kita-ku.
I have noticed that this subway station is so busy anytime of the day. I guess this is because it is in the business area of Osaka.

There are a couple of other railway companies and subway lines run their own stations in the vicinity of JR Osaka Station named Umeda Station.

There are also shops within the station that you can spend time strolling around during your waiting time.

Bird's eye view of Osaka

by liangel

Went to to top on a slightly foggy night. Could see the Osaka Castle in the distance. Particularly enjoyable on a windy day/night.

Was brought around by a friend. A teeny bit complicated to get to the top since I only remebered crossing to another part of building to take lifts and changing lifts etc.

There's a cafe indoors when you go up. Might wanna go there for a quiet chat...

Sumiyoshi-taisha Grand Shrine

by bebejepang

Built in the 3rd century in a unique style and designated a national treasure, Sumiyoshi-taisha Grand Shrine is the oldest known shrine in Japan and the headquarters for the approximately 2300 Sumiyoshi shrines scattered throughout the country.

No entrance fee.