1-1-12 Taishi, Nishinari-ku, Osaka, Osaka Prefecture, 557-0002, Japan
HostelBookers.com Agoda.com Hostelworld.com

More about Osaka

Osaka castleOsaka castle

Former Army, Police and Museum BuildingFormer Army, Police and Museum Building

people enjoying the experiencepeople enjoying the experience

Osaka Train  StationOsaka Train Station

FREE TICKETS

by alibataboy

Hi!

I just got two free tickets to osaka. Can you give me idea when is the best month to go to osaka? By the way, my tickets are valid until november 12, 2009 only. And i don't have any idea where to go to, i mean what are the tourist spot in osaka.
Thanks!

by wanderer9020

Osaka? well. The universal studious japan is there.Kyoto is less than 30 minutes away by train.You can travel to Tokyo as well, to Hiroshima,by bullet train, using Japan Rail pass which allow you unlimited travel for 7 days, 14 days on trains around Japan.Its probably the best value Japan an offer for tourist.

by patsouthwood

Hi,
I am spending 3 days in Osaka in july and have been researching the place.
There is: The Aquarium, The Castle, The Studios,The National Museum of Ceramics, Spa World.
If your flight is to Kansai, plan to stay in Kyoto, its close and tourist info readily available.
Also you can go to Tokyo easily from there.
I have been to Japan 4 times in October and it is lovely, came back to U.K with a light suntan, cool at night though.
Have fun.

by listenandlearn

Hi Alibataboy (wow that is a funny name and hard to remember...sounds like a filipino nickname..or something)...
Well, whatever, we just arrived from Osaka and found a great place to stay in Kansai area. So, what we did with the nearly 20 days holiday, we concentrated and enjoyed all of Kansai. We visited Wakayama-ken, Osaka-fu, Nara-ken, Kyoto and Toyko to end it all. We stayed at this guests house called " Yellow Banana" which was quite satisfying for our budget. A place that is clean, safe and easy to reach via public transportation is perfect for us. People and stuff of Yellow Banana Guests House were very informative of what there is to do. We went to the public baths which is few blocks from it and it's super afordable and by the way, bike is free not like many other guests house in Japan, they charge from $U.S.5.00 per day and up.
All of these places we visited except Tokyo are around the corner, like 30-45 minutes away from Kansai. Overall we love Japan, people are so decipline, not too many countries we have been too are half as honest as the Japanese, we noticed that no matter what their jobs maybe, they do take pride of it...Japanese people are the best in the world they have so many excellent traits!!!! We met 5 Virtual Tourists members and just lovely people! We hope when they are in Barcelona we can return their hospitality also...:)

Travel Tips for Osaka

ShinshaibashiFountain display...

by huesten

ShinshaibashiFountain display in the canal at Shinshaibashi. This place is full of happenings at night and is worth a visit. The brightly lit streets cris-crossed each others like a grid. You don't have to worry about food, shopping, entertainment, busking, pachinko, clubs, bars and RAs for adults only.

Shop till you drop... nah not for me

by huggy93 about ??

Best sports shop that I have ever been to in the World. In my previous pages I have spoken of my love of sneakers / trainers. Well this place had in all on (I think) ten floors. If it wasn't in this store then it probably wasn't worth buying! Sneakers / trainers, shorts, sports socks, weights, basketballs, baseballs, caps, running machines, vest tops, I could go on and on about what you can buy here but I won't. You gotta be there to see exactly what I mean. Whatever your budget is, you're gonna find something in this store.

Tofu everywhere...

by Carino about Ume no Hana

Finally a restaurant where you have no problem with choosing your dish. Ume no Hana specializes in tofu courses. You can have a dinner with 15 different kind of Tofu, from the starter all the way to the dessert. Dinner cost between 10'000 and 20'000 yen and reservation is advisable. Well, there is only Tofu... and I don't like Tofu... but what can one do, if you are invited by a Japanes e Family.... But after all, the Experience was great!

Dotonbori Bridge

by Hewer

An absolute must is the Dotonbori Bridge in the Namba shopping district . Here you can watch the whole world of Osaka go by, day and night.

Note that the river itself is entirely artificial, and was designed and built in the early 1600s as a drainage outlet for a land reclamation project(!)

Sightseeing at Himeji Castle.

by RF_Traveler

In travel guides, it is said if you visit only one castle in Japan, you should visit this one. I understand why they would recommend the 'White Castle' after visiting it on my trip. It is very beautiful and there are many artifacts around the castle which explains many of the uses and devices of the shogun era. Make sure you ascend to the very top floor because the view is extraordinary. When you pay your entry fee, you receive a card that you can stamp at the top floor. The stamp signifies that you made it to the top of the castle. This is great fun for kids!

Comments