2-6-18 Edobori, Nishi-ku, Osaka, Osaka Prefecture, 550-0002, Japan
Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

More about Osaka

Outside Sumiyoshi ShrineOutside Sumiyoshi Shrine

Neon signs over Ebisu-bashi bridge, DotonboriNeon signs over Ebisu-bashi bridge, Dotonbori

big bowl of ooster sauce on the tablebig bowl of ooster sauce on the table

The whale shark at Osaka Aquarium.The whale shark at Osaka Aquarium.

one whole day in osaka

by marose

i will be arriving in osaka on 20april at 9pm and have the whole day of 21april to tour the city. can anybody suggest the must-see places in osaka for 1 whole day because I am leaving on 22april. appreciate your reply. thanks!

by CliffClaven

You don't say how you are arriving in Osaka - road, rail, air? In any case, you may be better advised to travel to Kyoto, which has far more in the way of conventional tourist attractions. Kyoto is about 75 minutes from Kansai International Airport by Haruka express train; about 30 minutes from Shin-Osaka station by shinkansen (bullet train).

by aukahkay

Visit the Osaka Castle. There is an exhibition of samurai armour and weapons. Then head for Dotombori where you be dazzled by the restaurants, bars, and shops.

by kevarms

My vote goes to the aquarium too. You could probably fit the castle in as well, then spend the evening checking out Den Den Town or Amerika-mura.

Travel Tips for Osaka

Takami Bridal : A Wedding-hall

by globetrott

Wedding-halls are totally unknown in my part of the world, but in Japan they obviously are quite popular ! This one is in the port of Osaka, in my main photo you will see it from the giant ferris wheel. I could also take a look through some of the lighted windows at night, but the giant gate was locked unfortunately.

Bar Hopping Tour

by bretosaka about Shinsaibashi

As I promised before, I went on that guided bar tour in Osaka. It was awesome! I had been on a bar tour in Rome before, but I got more free stuff on this one - a lot more locals on the tour too, rather than just being tourists in Rome. I highly recommend it for visitors or people new in town - it's exactly as advertised: A Crash Course in Osaka's Nightlife.

Affordable (and tasty) breakfasts in Osaka.

by worldkiwi about Vie de France Cafe

Vie de France Cafe is a chain that you will find all over Japan. Often they are located in train or subway stations, or near large shopping complexes. This is may favourite place for breakfast when I'm in Japan and I hunt them out like I'm on some sort of mission whenever I arrive in a city.
Having booked my hotel in Osaka over the internet and not receiving any free breakfast vouchers in the deal, it was necessary for me to eat out of the hotel to avoid ridiculous costs for breakfast each morning. Thankfully, about ten minutes walk from my hotel, on the ground floor of the massive Yodobashi Camera store in Umeda, there is a Vie de France Cafe, where I had my breakfast every morning. The average price for me was about 900 yen. The baked breads are always tasty and there is a variety of sweet and savoury options. The apple and cream cheese buns.

Universal Studios Japan

by Carino

Japan has everything, and if they don't have everything they import it, like the Universal Studios. I didn't go in there, as I have seen allready the one in L.A. and the one in Florida. So I saved my time and enjoyed a drink at the nearby Hard Rock Cafe.

the castle-gardens of Osaka

by globetrott

There are some nice castle-gardens around the palace of Osaka, unfortunately it was raining a bit, so I did not really enjoy it a lot. It also was during the wintertime, but the small park-train was running anyway. In some of my booklets I could read that homeless people are living in that park, but I did not see any of them.

Comments