Hotel Nikko Bayside Osaka

6-2-45 Shimaya, Konohana-ku, , Osaka Prefecture, 554-0024, Japan

Good For No Data
  • Tupelodan's Profile Photo

Out of way pleasure

Beautiful, new (2002, I think) high rise at Universal City .... 100 yards from train station .... Out of the way from downtown Osaka, but that's not bad after spending a hectic day in that frenetic city .... Of course, if you're going to Universal City, it's the place to be .... A little pricier than the other 2 hotels there, but a little nicer (I think) .... Wonderful staff, most of whom speak at least a little English ..... Can't say enough good things about them .... My room (2 twins) a bit small but I wasn't there except at night, so it didn't matter ..... No dresser space and only 4 hangers in closet (I'm sure I could have gotten more if I'd asked) ..... Best bathroom I've ever enjoyed, including my own at home (shower is hot immediately and will knock you down ... tub is small but very deep ... other ammenities too many to mention) .... If you don't mind a train ride after the end of a long day, this is where you want to be ... If I ever make it back to Osaka, I'll stay here. ..... I noted that it was "about average" in price, but I'm really not sure. Nothing is cheap in Osaka.

Unique Quality: Downstairs restaurant good .... Top of hotel restaurant expensive but wonderful .... The view alone from bar and restaurant up top is worth the price of at least a drink in the bar .... Wonderful spa that I never took advantage of; I'll not make that mistake again. .... Very quiet, considering it's right next door to the train station and Universal City .... no noise at all. Very peaceful.

Directions: A short train ride (one change) from heart of Osaka .... west of city. Cab ride to downtown is $21 so take the train. The train stop is 100 yards from the hotel. ... $155 cab ride from Kansai International Airport ... Take JR Loop Line train.

Comments