Hotel Seagull Tenpozan Osaka

Hotel Seagull Tenpozan Osaka
Hotels.com Expedia.com Tingo.com

• santeria01's Profile Photo

Very near KIX

We are only staying for the night in Osaka on our first day, so we had to look for a place very near Kansai airport yet should be very affordable. Hotel Seagull was right on the budget as well as having a perfect location. It also has a shuttle bus that will pick you up to and from KIX.

The room is spacious enough (for me and Cel who are not really that tall, so other big customers may have a problem with the space). We have our own toilet and bath, Cel says it was too small for her (she might be claustrophobic as I've never seen her use airplane toilet), but then again, the toilet was ok with me (it has its own hair dryer heehee).

We arrived in Osaka at 2 degrees temperature, so my thin jacket didn't work for me when I exited KIX (imagine the shock!)

It was a bit difficult to communicate with the receptionist due to language barrier, good thing one of them speaks a little English.

One funny thing happened. While I was already dozing off, the fire alarm went off! It lasted about 5 minutes! Cel and I were panicking already and we just took our passports and went to the nearest fire exit. I opened the door and we were on the rooftop already! And the air was again, 2 degrees, and I was just in my thin pyjamas, so imagine the shock again! I called the receptionist but unfortunately, the one who answered was the one who couldn't speak English, and she dropped my call (must be panicking also). When the alarm stopped, I called the reception again, I got to talk to the English speaking receptionist and was informed that it was just a false alarm. Whew!

Overall, the experience was great. :-)

Unique Quality: The receptionists and our shuttle bus driver are very polite. You might have a problem communicating but generally it's OK. It would be best to learn some Japanese phrases. Facilities are OK.

The hotel is just beside Mall Izumisano, so we had fun on our first shopping in Osaka. :-)

Comments