Hotel Unizo

Osaka Ferris WheelOsaka Ferris Wheel

omuriceomurice

HELLO...2008!

by fattyjulia

well..my plan....I'm going to Osaka and Kobe again,and I wanna stay in osaka and say HELLO to 2008 this time!! But my friends told me,many stores and restaurants will be closed.
SO...Have any good and new idea about my plan!?

by Sakura_Kobe

Hi,

Yes, many shops and restaurants are closed all day or earlier than usual. But my daughter always joins the count-down party with her friend. Some bar or pub have such parites on the mid night of Dec. 31st. There is Kobe Bay Sheraton Hotel in my neighborhood. They have the party in their "Sport pub" named Arena.

I hope you can find the best way to say fello to 2008 in Japan.

Sakura_Kobe

ありがど!

by fattyjulia

well...I try to type in Japanese,but it doesn't work!
thank you!

Travel Tips for Osaka

We got this present in shrine Nr.1

by globetrott

We had been in several shrines and I gave them numbers, so its easy for me and maybe also you to distinguish them as long as I have no idea, what real name these shrines have.
After the ceremony in that shrine Nr1 (see it also as Nr1 in my off-the-beaten-path-tips) we had got a small present, packed in a plastic-box and wrapped in paper.
I did not dare to eat or taste it, it did not smell bad, but you never know and its always best to be careful. maybe it was soap or what-ever, maybe someone can give me some explanations here !

Trendy Japan

by nickinosaka about Orange Street

Orange Street is an area filled with trendy stores and boutiques, and it makes a great wander if you want to take in Japanese youth culture. Some of the stores are in architecturally interesting buildings, and you'll find all kinds of interesting t-shirts with odd saying on them.

Fugu

by tompt about many in Dotonbori area

Many restaurants in the Dotonbori area serve fugu. So if you want to try this potentially letal fish, this is the place to be.
Fugu is a blowfish which has a poisonous part in it. When it isnĀ“t removed the proper way you can die from it. But that seldom occurs........

If you want to have a taste of this delicious fish (that is what we heard) look for the obvious signs with blowfish outside.

Osaka Castle

by elPierro

Osaka Castle is situated in a large park and is really impressive. A totally different from any european-style castle but still you notice this is quite a fort. You have to pass several walls and gates before you reach the grounds of the castle itself.

Minou=Water Falls

by kid-keith

It`s a steep walk down to the water falls at Minou but it`s well worth it take a camera get some pics of the water falls, have a drink at the cafe then roll up your trousers take your shoes off then mess about in the stream doesn`t sound that much fun but i`ll never forget it.

Comments