Kitahorie Yamaguchi

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Osaka

Osaka Tenmangu's shimenawaOsaka Tenmangu's shimenawa

Gatan Goton - Small Railway Goods Select ShopGatan Goton - Small Railway Goods Select Shop

jelly fishjelly fish

View of Osaka Castle with DezView of Osaka Castle with Dez

Meeting English-Speaking locals

by leochee1

Hi, we'll be visiting Osaka next month and staying at the Namba district. Is there a place i.e. park, restaurant, bars, lounges etc. where we can meet locals who would like to converse with us in English? We always find it a joy to find out about the culture, local customs, etc. and exchange ours as well. We are from Singapore.

Re: Meeting English-Speaking locals

by KevinMichael

Japanese people say they are shy or embarrassed in trying to use their English.

I don't know Osaka well enough but, I suspect if you make a small sign and write on it: FREE English Lesson NOW some people will come up to you and start speaking with you. You'll get a lot of people asking in broken English "Where are you from?"

Starbucks is a good choice. Try sitting outside and placing your sign where people can see it.

Travel Tips for Osaka

Host Gifts in Japan

by Cherr08

Hello: Check this website. I use this site to know more about the culture. Just scroll down and look for the Japanese section.

But as a general tip based on my interaction with the Japanese (Business and Friends). Gift giving is all about friendship and a step for business relationship

(1) Good Gift presentation/package is a must.
(2) Proper timing to give the gift and letting your host know ahead of time
(3) Symbolism so like pairs is lucky, 4 is not.
(4) Nice to know "Hajimemashite Dozo Yoroshiku" How are you and please to meet you. Can also mean. How are you and please take care of me.

Cheers,
Cher

affordable brands

by hebaemam about hep5

its a big department store, that have many of my favorite brands like
Gap; famous american afordable casual clothes
disney; disney products
plaza; every thing you need for a girl, home, office, gifts... very nice shop
many other women shop are included
have a red fairy wheel, its entrance is in the 8th floor gap, i love gap clothes speically at the season sale around 10-50 dollar

English-style pub, anyone?

by PartyRambo about The Pig & Whistle, Umeda

I lived 5 months in London, and have had a fondness for British pubs since.
I try to locate one whenever I'm travelling more than a couple of days, and here, in a foreign land of a different language, I simply didn't feel comfortable stopping at any of the local spots with my limited Japanese skills.
I sought out the Pig & Whistle, from a brochure in the hotel - I believe there are several throughout Japan, with 2 in Osaka, one very close to my hotel - I could walk there, so off I went after a day of touring & a hot bath.
The ambience was truly English, with the exception being the Japanese waitstaff.
Guinness on tap, fish & chips, and some more conventional English cuisine, I felt right at home.
Naturally, the first person I spoke to was a Frenchman, but at least there was a common language to start a conversation with!

MUSEUM OF ETHNOLOGY

by heywinks

I majored in anthropology in college & I found this museum an excellent place if you want to see artifacts from people living around the world. The museum`s goal is to promote an understanding & awareness of people, societies and cultures worldwide. It does its job. The artifacts are displayed in a way that are easy on the eyes & exciting--full of bright colors. I think that both kids & adults will enjoy the different artifacts on display. Translations in English are few, however I feel just looking at the exhibits are enough.

DOTOMBORI

by Adeline_Foo

In a city known for good eating, this district deatures dining spots everywhere you look. This big crab marks the entrance of this longgggg streest with thousands of restuarants on both sides. Which one to choose! A very difficult decision!

Comments