Fuji Hotels

Our Members Say

• Mr.Sparkle profile photo Mr.Sparkle
  • Reviews: 327

Fuji station hotles: Sleep at one of the 10 stations

You can sleep on Fuji, kind of. At all the station stops, there are 10 station stops on Fuji, there are cabins for sleeping in. Don't expect anything fancy. You will get a small space on the floor where you can sleep wedged in next to other strangers. Its expensive as well.

If you've got the sand, you should make your way to the top and forget about sleeping.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written July 31, 2008
Tip Photo

one of the many sleeping cabins. station 9.

• fujifan profile photo fujifan
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Oshino / Mt. Fuji: Best time I had in Japan!

I spent 3 months in Japan doing everything that I possibly could. Lots of places were tough to get things done in as langauage was a huge problem, especially outside of the cities. Towards the end of my trip, I decided that I would finish things off by spending a few days around the Mount Fuji area. I happened upon a place called InnFujitomita, one of the closest Inns to the hiking trails of Mt. Fuji, and many other hiking trails too! I stayed 3 days here and was by far the best place that I stayed in Japan. The owner, David, is a great guy who speaks excellent English and so do his two hot daughters! One is married to a Canadian fellow named Trevor who is a true nature lover and hiking maniac. He offers tours in English of Mt. Fuji and the area and can make sure that you see things that not many people do. But back to the Inn, it was awesome. The dinner and breakfast were some of the best eats I had in Japan, and the Inn was homey and spacious. The best thing about InnFujitomita (other than being able to communicate), was the price! The also offer a free pick up service from the station too!

What else can I say? My room had a beautiful view of Mt. Fuji, overlooking a graden and the swimming pool. There are mountains everywhere, access to great hiking was plentiful. They had two Japanese sytle baths (onsen?) that were great, especially after climbing Mt. Fuji!! And service available in Japanese and ENGLISH!!! If you go to Japan and stay at this Inn, please tell David that Willy recommended it! I told him that I would tell eveybody at his place. They also have a great homepage in English, check it out!

• Opinion of Price: least expensive