Okamura

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Fuji

the path up to iwamoto from jissojithe path up to iwamoto from jissoji

Travel Tips for Fuji

Que Sera Sera

by SharrieShaw

Nov. 14, 2005.

This was not merely a delay. It was predestined.

I had flown many times in my life. Flights have only been delayed or cancelled due to weather.
On this last trip to the French Polynesia from Narita Airport, the afternoon didn't start off well. Upon check-in, I was told there's a 50% (her exact word) chance that the flight that evening would not take off. It had some minor mechanical problem while on its way to Tokyo that very morning.

I hoped for the best. The flight was indeed delayed for an hour.
Finally, time to board. Flight took off! Hurray!!!
The flight was supposed to head for Osaka to pick up more passengers b4 heading for Papeete. Halfway through the flight it was announced we had to return to Narita. That very same problem had not been corrected.

Alas! Had to spend the night at Narita Airport. I wasn't elated naturally. I was supposed to have only 5 days in Bora-Bora & Moorea & now with this happening, my vacation would be shortened for a day! Plus I was pretty sure Sofitel Bora-Bora will charge me for the night. Room rate was ultra-expensive! I do have a travel insurance which I can make claims but still, all the hassle!

Well, nothing anyone could do about it but to get a good night sleep & hoped for the very best. We at that time had no idea when we would take off & if we would ever. Furthermore, it's good to be safe.

Next morning, we took off around 10 am. Finally!
On the way, we flew over Mount Fuji & the sight was breathtaking! I had been to Mount Fuji b4 but I had never seen such a marvelous site of the mountain. Visibility was so good & we were practically right on top of it!
For this sight, it was well worth the delay!
I was in fact totally thankful for the delay!

Some things were just meant to be!!!

Comments