Toyoko Inn Mishima eki kitaguchi

1-5-7 Bunkyo-cho, Mishima, Shizuoka Prefecture, 411-0033, Japan
Toyoko Inn Fujisan Mishimaeki
Booking.com Agoda.com JAPANiCAN.com

More about Mishima

Laterns on the riverLaterns on the river

monkmonk

Fujis angleFujis angle

HirokazuHirokazu

Travel Tips for Mishima

Mishima, Yamanaka castle, Susono and Kannami

by taigaa001

"Mishima and Kakitagawa Spring"

Mishima is known as the Tokaido lodging station and for Mishima Taisha Shrine. The town is also popular for the springs which came from Mt. Fuji. Rakujuen Park and Kakitagawa spring(in the neighboring town of Shimizu-cho) are very popular places to visit.

"Tokaido Hike and Yamanaka Castle Ruins"

--Under Construction--

"Kannami and Susono"

Susono is located north of Mishima and encompasses huge area of southside Mt. Fuji. The most popular place of Susono is Safari Park. Grinpa Amusement park and Mizugatsuka Park are popular as well.

Kannami is located west of Mishima and shares some part of Yamanaka Castle ruins. Popular places to visit include, Orache, Kashiya Caves, Tanna Fault park and Kannami Virgin Forest. And Jukkoku Pass oen of the most popular lookout for Mt. Fuji is also in that town.

Climbing Mt. Fuji

by chodearm

"How the trip began"

I heard the flag of Japan is actually a redition of what one would see as the sun breaks the horizon raising over Japan. I wanted to see this live. My plan was to get to the top by 4am, so I was going to take it by storm through the night, starting at 12:00 am. A previous Typhoon closed the mountain that night and positioned me in a car seat for 6 hours anxiously waiting to open the gates so these legs of mine can ask me why the hell I would do this to them. So we sat in the parking lot, (Yuki was just dropping me off) until about 6am word spread that we would be allowed to heed forth.

I'm an idiot and I bring three cameras with me and 2 liters of water, not much food either. So with this added weight and an agenda to document my every step I was unleashed. The descent was like a staircase that just lasts and lasts like that stupid Energizer bunny. Anyone know if that thing is still running, haven't seen the commercial in a while. People were physically in a struggle and it was quite visible. Everyone had their huff sound down pat, me included. There were all different stations along the way to take a load off and to have many different milestones to look forward to.

I learned there are certain precautions you should take prior to heading closer to the atmosphere. For one bring some food! I believe at high altitudes its best to hype up on sugar. You need that quick burst of energy. I was three quarters te way up, struggling, when a speedy whiteman was gaining on me in tow, his son with the same determination. He was a US Marine and he was brandishing his son to push forward running. He saw my near combusting state and hooked me up with some trail mix. Much needed. It propelled me through the last grueling stretch.

I would stop along the way for an energy recharge, but mostly to film, digi photo, and manjally photograph every last detail. I sat here for a minute and watched that cloud completely engulf that mountain. Getting that point of view can only be experienced on a tall mountain or within a flying tube with wings.

Pushing forward I came to the last 50 meters, legs quivering like a ball of grease on a hot pan. This is where the most intense part set in, just to kick me one more time while I was down.

All along the way structures that fell into decay were sporatically placed. Their use has been completely washed and they just serve as interesting objects. Its amazing gto see anything still stable being that they lay submerged under snow 8-9 months a year. Maybe the snow gives them a petrifying effect.

The last Tori gate on the slope greets me with a smile drawing from ear to ear. I was just about to make it halfway through the single largest test to my endurance.

Go to Climbing Mt. Fuji Continued...

Comments