Shizuoka Hotels

• Tenten7 profile photo Tenten7
  • Reviews: 51

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Shizuoka Station Hotel: Shizuoka's Average Hotel, Station Hotel

We stayed there several times on business. My colleagues complained about the size of the bed. Too small for the European (180cm). And some of the single rooms have no drawers in the desk. Businessmen at least need a drawer, especially if they are staying for more than a couple of days.
Breakfast was good. But starts at 7:30am which is a bit too late for some businessmen/women. Staffs hardly speak English. Thier bar was never open while we were staying.

Poor room amenities, small bathroom and bed. Staffs don't speak English.
But excellent breakfast. Very convenient as very close to the station.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Business Travel
  • Written January 6, 2004

• Tenten7 profile photo Tenten7
  • Reviews: 51

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Associa Shizuoka: Hotel Associa Shizuoka, Big bed guaranteed!

Big room, good amenities, restaurants, bars all in the hotel. Big Reception hall. Staff can speak English quite well.

But no internet connection from the room.
Telephone jack was behind the big heavy desk so I had to move it to connect my PC to the internet. Shizuoka-city is one of the most conservertive cities in Japan, but I hope they will one day notice that internet is now MuST especially for business-use customers.

Great bed, good views (from the upper floors), good amenities in the room. Many good restaurants and bars on the top of the floor. Staff can speak ENGLISH!

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Seniors, Historical Travel, Business Travel
  • Written January 6, 2004

• kiwigal_1 profile photo kiwigal_1
  • Reviews: 1092

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

GOTEMBA STATION HOTEL

When I arrived in Gotemba rather late I hadn't booked accomodation yet. The Station Hotel had been recommended as probably the cheapest in the Station area so I headed off to find it. To be honest I wasn't terribly impressed with the rooms and the room I wanted wasn't available so I ended up paying far more money than I had planned. The front desk staff however were very pleasant and my short stay was comfortable.
Pretty expensive for what you get but here goes:

Single: 6930 Yen
Double: 11340 Yen
Twin: 12390 Yen

The hotel restaurant offers a buffet breakfast from 7-9.30 am and dinner from 6-9.30pm. (1800 Yen).

Check in time is 3pm and Check out is 10am