"kunozan Hill ......history"
The name of KUNOZAN seems to originate in that of the KUNOJI TEMPLE which was built by KUNO TADASHITO in the reign of the empress suiko(AD 600)....
The KUNOJI TEMPLE became larger and prosperous...But in the year 1225, not only the buildings but also some antiques were burned in an accidental fire..
In the age of civil wars in Japan (1568)....TAKEDA Shingen moved the temple to SHIMIZU, where he constructed a castle called KUNO CASTLE..
In 1582, the TAKEDA were ruined and KUNOZAN HILL fell into the TOKUGAWA's possession.......
Main Hall details
Side view of the Main hall, all the japanese lacquer doors and gold details
Details of the door toward the Mausoleum
Details of the repainted work on the Main shrine%c+