1560 Tokorono, Nikko, Tochigi Prefecture, 321-1421, Japan

Agoda.com Booking.com Rakuten Travel

Satisfaction Average

• Avoid Logette Sainbois!

Avoid Logette Sainbois! It was slightly snowing when we arrived at Logette Sanbois and it was as cold INSIDE as it was outside. We stayed in the waiting area 20 minutes (our rooms weren't ready) before asking them if they would turn on the heater because it was freezing inside! We decided to go in town to WARM up and get some lunch. The waiting area smelled like a dog lived there. There was a dog in and around the house. When we came back to the house we noticed that only certain parts of the house were heated. I continuously had to wear my 2 light jackets under my feather down parka and a fleece hat IN THE HOUSE (and even sleeping) to stay warm. We stayed in the Japanese room with a gas heater. When you turn on the heater, it smelled horribly of GAS which made me feel sick to the stomach. I had a slight cold when I arrived at the house. My cold turned to bad to WORSE because the house was very cold and the owners did not adequately supply us with a safe heater.

The house is 20 minutes from town -- very inconvenient. Since it was snowing and very cold, we couldn't walk to town. When we arrived at the house and noticed the inadequate heating arrangement, we were reminded of the 100% no money back if we canceled our reservation (according to the reservation policy). I should have just paid them and left. This was the most miserable accommodation I ever stayed in. We were the only guests staying at the house at that time, that was a tell-tale sign. In order for you to access the house, you had to climb a steep staircase. It is definitely not for the physically impaired.

I was misled by several reviews and felt compelled to write one. I will never recommend Logette Sainbois to anyone.

Unique Quality: None

Directions: 20 minutes from town by foot.

• naruto's Profile Photo

Logette Sanbois in Nikko

This is a wooden style accomodation build on a small hill about 15 mins walk from the train station. It is surrounded by forest, and a stream and the rooms are very comfortable.

I love their big public bath, which you can use privately. It has a big window looking out into the forest behind and gives you a very peaceful feeling as you soak.

The meals they serve are also very delicious.

Rates are reasonable. Per person is 5500yen (US$50). Gets cheaper with more people.

Unique Quality: BIG BONUS: Their Beagle called Charlie, after Charlie Brown. ^__^

The Ogihara family are very nice and friendly. We went during a non-peak period, and Mr Ogihara drove us down to the temples and shrines, and on the day of our departure drove us to the train station.

Another link where you can book accomodation with this place is indicated below.

Directions: 15-min. walk from either Tobu or JR Stations on the opposite side of the Daiyagawa River.

More about Logette Sanbois

Nikko accommodation.

by nizora

Could anyone please recommend a hotel or ryokan in a convenient location in Nikko, around 15000 yens for 2 people.
Many thanks in advance .
Bob

Re: Nikko accommodation.

by vtforls2007

Avoid Logette Sanbois! I'm sorry I can't recommend a good place to stay in Nikko

This is a review that I wrote about the place:

Avoid Logette Sanbois! It was slightly snowing when we arrived at Logette Sanbois and it was as cold INSIDE as it was outside. We stayed in the waiting area 20 minutes (our rooms weren't ready) before asking them if they would turn on the heater because it was freezing inside! We decided to go in town to WARM up and get some lunch. When we came back to the house we noticed that only certain parts of the house were heated. I continuously had to wear my 2 light jackets under my feather down parka and a fleece hat IN THE HOUSE (and even sleeping) to stay warm. We stayed in the Japanese room with a gas heater. When you turn on the heater, it smelled horribly of GAS which made me feel sick to the stomach. I had a slight cold when I arrived at the house. My cold turned to bad to WORSE because the house was very cold and the owners did not adequately supply us with a safe heater. This place was miserable to stay in. The choice was either use the heater to keep warm (still wearing my 2 light jackets under my feather down parka and fleece hat) or get sick from the smell of GAS. I choose not to use the heater because of the smell.

The house is 20 minutes from town -- very inconvenient. Since it was snowing and very cold, we couldn't walk to town. There is nothing to do near the house. When we arrived at the house and noticed the inadequate heating arrangement, we were reminded of the 100% no money back if we canceled our reservation (according to the reservation policy). I should have just paid them and left. This was the most miserable accommodation I ever stayed in. We were the only guests staying at the house at that time, that was a tell-tale sign.

I read the reviews of the house before we made the reservations and they were very positive -- contrary to my experience. I wonder if they stayed at the house when the weather was warm and the use of the gas heater was not necessary. I was misled by the reviews and felt compelled to write one.

Re: Nikko accommodation.

by Brandiarae7

Dear Bob,
15,000 yen for two people is not a lot for a Riokan in Nikko. Ordinarily a Riokan includes dinner, breakfast, and a place to stay. Usually you are paying mostly for the meals.

I would suggest that you open your search a little bit to include the town of Kinogawa onsen. It is about a thirty minute train ride from Kinugawa to Nikko. The ride itself is very beautiful as it winds through the mountains. The price of onsens in Kinugawa are much lower than those in Nikko. I think it is a more enjoyable trip.

Brandia Tanaka--