Logette Sanbois

TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 17 reviews
Booking.com Agoda.com

Avoid Logette Sainbois!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 2, 2008

Avoid Logette Sainbois! It was slightly snowing when we arrived at Logette Sanbois and it was as cold INSIDE as it was outside. We stayed in the waiting area 20 minutes (our rooms weren't ready) before asking them if they would turn on the heater because it was freezing inside! We decided to go in town to WARM up and get some lunch. The waiting area smelled like a dog lived there. There was a dog in and around the house. When we came back to the house we noticed that only certain parts of the house were heated. I continuously had to wear my 2 light jackets under my feather down parka and a fleece hat IN THE HOUSE (and even sleeping) to stay warm. We stayed in the Japanese room with a gas heater. When you turn on the heater, it smelled horribly of GAS which made me feel sick to the stomach. I had a slight cold when I arrived at the house. My cold turned to bad to WORSE because the house was very cold and the owners did not adequately supply us with a safe heater.

The house is 20 minutes from town -- very inconvenient. Since it was snowing and very cold, we couldn't walk to town. When we arrived at the house and noticed the inadequate heating arrangement, we were reminded of the 100% no money back if we canceled our reservation (according to the reservation policy). I should have just paid them and left. This was the most miserable accommodation I ever stayed in. We were the only guests staying at the house at that time, that was a tell-tale sign. In order for you to access the house, you had to climb a steep staircase. It is definitely not for the physically impaired.

I was misled by several reviews and felt compelled to write one. I will never recommend Logette Sainbois to anyone.

Unique Quality: None

Directions: 20 minutes from town by foot.

naruto's Profile Photo

Logette Sanbois in Nikko

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 3, 2003

This is a wooden style accomodation build on a small hill about 15 mins walk from the train station. It is surrounded by forest, and a stream and the rooms are very comfortable.

I love their big public bath, which you can use privately. It has a big window looking out into the forest behind and gives you a very peaceful feeling as you soak.

The meals they serve are also very delicious.

Rates are reasonable. Per person is 5500yen (US$50). Gets cheaper with more people.

Unique Quality: BIG BONUS: Their Beagle called Charlie, after Charlie Brown. ^__^

The Ogihara family are very nice and friendly. We went during a non-peak period, and Mr Ogihara drove us down to the temples and shrines, and on the day of our departure drove us to the train station.

Another link where you can book accomodation with this place is indicated below.

Directions: 15-min. walk from either Tobu or JR Stations on the opposite side of the Daiyagawa River.

Nearby Logette Sanbois

Amenities at Logette Sanbois

• Restaurant
  • Free Parking

Nikko Travel Forum

Need advice about Nikko, Japan? Visit the Travel Forum for Nikko and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Nikko hotel reviews