Nikko Sansui

View of Irohaza 1View of Irohaza 1

Making YubaMaking Yuba

Nikko travel in 1 day

by jkmalison

I plan to travel in Nikko only one day(3-jan-11).Departure from Asasuka and return arond 19:00.I will purchase Nikko all day pass(4400 yen) ...
1.There is a train to return at 19:00?
2.Is it not worth and too short time to travel there only 1 day if I purchase this pass?
3.I'm from thailand and hope to touch some snow.Is it high possible to see the snow at that time(3-jan).
Jakkrit

by nicolaitan

it has been a few years since i was fortunate enough to visit nikko - we also had only one day and it is one of the most memorable in my life. go for it. nikko is beautiful.

by imolinar

We went to Nikko this year, we took the first train just before 7 am, and return at around 5-6 pm. The time was fine, we got to see everything, but didnt use that pass since we had the 7 day pass. We were there end of March and there was snow on the ground.

by mim95

The pass is usually cheaper if you go to all the places that they include.

For a day, you'll have enough time for the temples, but not sure if you'll have enough time to see the waterfalls, the mountains and the lake beyond Nikko town.

by dru46

If you go, I'm not sure if it's worth the all day pass. It would probably be a rushed visit. When I visited, I drove up and returned late. The main temples can take all day to visit, so I wouldn't plan to visit the lake and waterfall in the mountains. It's a beautiful drive, but due to winter, you may have a little trouble getting up there.

If you do want to see the lake and waterfall, do it early (first thing) and you can do the temples afterwards.

by imolinar

We got so see everything in one day including the waterfalls and we didnt rush. Just make sure you take the first train, and do the waterfalls first then the temples

Travel Tips for Nikko

Hiking on a vulcano ! Mt Nantai San

by WStat

Mount Nantai ( Nantai-san) is a mountain in the Nikkō National Park in central Honshū, the main island of Japan, 2.486 m high.
The mountain is popular with hikers, and the trail to the summit starts through a gate at the Futarasan Chugushi Shrine. The gate is open between 5th May and 25th October.

Mount Nantai, an extinct vulcano, is one of the 100 famous mountains in Japan.

Comments