1-28-13 Shinjuku, Shinjuku, Tokyo Prefecture, 160-0022, Japan
Citadines Shinjuku Tokyo
Travelocity Expedia.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Citadines Tokyo Shinjuku

I live and work in Tokyo, this place comes highly reccommended.

by TripAdvisor Member bernarde

I know the area, I have an office in Shinjuku. My home is a little way from my office so if I only have a couple of hours till the next meeting THIS is the place I crash. I stay in ther best room if possible. This is a gem of a hotel, it's apartment style so if you just need a comfortable place to crash you can heat up a coffee or use the stove if you are to busy to get out. The rooms are clean, modern w flat screen cable, dvd everything. The place is very new. There was a mix up when I went the first time - they gave me the keys to someone's room! It was an honest accident and apart from that mistake the service was excellent.
For people who don't know their way around Shinjuku the place is a little way from the station and might be hard to get bearings etc..

Value For Money

by TripAdvisor Member Getz

My wife and I stayed at this apartment hotel for 5 nights; from 15th June to 20th June 2009. We made our reservation for a twin bed room through the citadines website which was offering a promotional rate of 11,500nett yen per night.
Luckily we brought along a japanese map to the hotel as taxi drivers are still not aware of the new hotel. This map can be printed from the internet. The driver had to use the GPS to get us to the hotel. He told us that this is the first time he has taken passengers to this hotel.
Check-in time is 2pm and we are unable to get an earlier time as we arrived at the hotel at 10am. We finally checked in at 1.30pm. The room is small but is fully self contained with a small kitchenette with micro wave oven. There is also satellite TV with over 50 channels as well as a DVD player. However no sponge and washing liquid was provided. These items can be purchased at reception. We were disappointed that toiletries were not replenished daily. Combs, shower caps and razors can be obtained from reception at night.
The gymn consist of 2 treadmills and an exercise machine in a small room located on the ground floor.
We find that Shinjuku san chome subway statio is more convenient for us. The main lne passing through this station is the marounochi line which can take you direct to ginza station. Its a 10 to 15 minutes walk to Shinjuku. Citadines is located at East Shinjuku while shopping, dining and night entertainment is located in West Shinjuku.There are also a lot of conveneince stores in the vicinity of Citadines. Yoshinoya fast food oulet is also here.
In my opinion the accomodation at citadines is value for money eventhough they charge for extras. Eventhough the room is small you will out the whole day shopping and sightseeing. By the way, all the staff speaks fluent English and will be able to assist you in anyway they can. However one of them gave me a wrong direction to a restaurant which caused me an hour delay in the subway.

Clean, convenient and great VFM

by TripAdvisor Member Charleyquant

Whilst not the most luxurious hotel in Tokyo - the citadines apartment are very convenient ( 10 mins walk from Shinjuku or 5 mins to nearest underground), clean and such good value for money in a city known to be expensive. Around £100 for two of us a night....

The staff were very helpful and spoke great English and the room had everything you could need and were relatively spacious for Tokyo. Only downside is that inside you could be in any hotel in the world as there is no hint of Japanese features or Asian culture....

If you want somewhere cheap, clean and convenient to stay - go here!

Excellent Stay, Excellent hotel, Very Comfortable Convenient will return

by TripAdvisor Member Chulolaw

Stayed at this hotel, which reminded me of an IKEA spec room in the showroom casing the small apts. I loved it, we had studio double. It had a couch, looked like it pulled out and a double bed. We had a tv that rolls across from the living room to the bed area, with a glass door that would somewhat separate the two areas. The tub/toilet in the bathroom and the sink in the main room. There was a sink, heating pad for warming pots and pans, which were provided as were bowls, utensils and a safe in the room. The iron and ironing board in the room too. There is a small armoire and they provide you with toiletries. After days walking in the city, we found the evening nice and relaxing in our room. They have English speaking channels with the help of the TV manual you will find (Satellite) You are close to the Shinjuku Sanchome station 6 mins and 4 to Gyenomae Shinjuku (M-10) You can walk to Shinjuku Station (15-20 mins) buy the NEX-Suica from the Airport for 35 Yen and you get a 2000 yen Suica card. We took the Narita Express to Shinjuku and then the Maronucchi line to Gyeomae (spelled incorrectly) and walked 4 blks. It is on the Yasunidori street by the Yoshanoya and other fast food places int the area. We stocked our fridge with food and heated up water and coffee in the room and ate ramen noodles and bought eggs/bread and made sandwhiches for breakfast. The breakfast buffet was good if you do not require meats for 525 yen. I found it nice but at some point wanted eggs and lunch meat for breakfast. We ate out too, but saved some $ having the toaster and microwave in the room to heat up food and cool food in the fridge. I stayed there 4 days and then went to the Sunroute Shinjuku for 3 days, wish I had stayed at the Citadines the entire time, but it was $50 more per night, well worth it though. Shinjuku Higashi was ok, but Citadines felt like home instead of a box. You can read my SR Higashi review there. Both were impecably clean both give you toiletries and a robe, but Ctiadines is like a small apt and Shinjuki Higashi is a tiny box room.

Great accommodation so we could enjoy our trip!

by TripAdvisor Member dseptkon

After Oakwood cancelled our reservations at the last minute, we got booked into the Citadines and what a pleaant surprise! the hotel was new, clean and had everything we needed for a family with baby, child and mother-in law in tow. we took the narita express from the airport and hopped into a cab at Shinjuku station. it cost around 800 yen and was loads easier than walking with all the luggage and kids.

The hotel was quiet and although shinjuku gyoen-mae subway was only 4 min away, we found that strolling down to shinjuku itself (about 15 min slow walk) to look for dinner was was less tiring than navigating the subway stairs with the stroller. The apartment was fully equipped so we could feed the baby before looking for restaurants for our own meals. There is a Lawsons and a Family Mart nearby where you can stock up on groceries like milk and water. My mother in law also found this little shop round the corner near the am/pm that sold amazingly fresh peaches, fuji apples and pears.

There is a laundry next to the gym in the hotel. It costs about 200 yen for a wash and 100 yen per 30 min for the dryer so no worries about travelling light. The rooms are cleaned daily like in a hotel so u get fresh towels. The staff were also outstanding as they were fluent in English and provided excellent customer service- from suggesting excellent dining recommendations to getting us on the DIsneyland bus. We were disappointed at not getting to stay at Oakwood after reading the reviews but the Citadines sure made up for it.

Great new hotel in a good spot near Shinjuku Station

This was my first visit to Asia, and I was a little apprehensive about navigating Tokyo and wanted to stay somewhere fairly central. Also ideally wanted a chain hotel where language wouldn't be an issue. And oh yeah, also wanted something fairly inexpensive in a pricey city.

The Citadines hotel fit the bill in all of these categories. From Narita, we took the Kesei train to Motoyakata metro, where from we could take the train all the way into Shinjuku Sanchome station, which is about 8 minutes from the hotel (the hotel's website describes the route well). I recommend taking the Kesei train, much cheaper than the Narita Express, and only about 20 mins more.

We were greeted in a modern lobby by friendly, english-speaking staff who gave us a room on the 5th floor, a standard room with two twin beds. Although small, it was modern, clean and even had a small kitchenette - handy for storing snacks and drinks, and great if you stay for longer and need to cook. The bathroom is small and very basic (seems that's the Japanese way), though the sink is outside the bathroom which is handy if you're both getting ready at once. Free internet also - needed to borrow a cord from the desk as there isn't wifi, surprisingly, though this policy may have changed. Beds were comfortable, and room was nice and quiet for a good nights' sleep. Also - for TV buffs - satellite TV with lots of English channels. Nice for late day breaks.

It's about 15 mins to Shinjuku station, which is a hub in Tokyo and is surrounded by malls and restaurants. The hotel itself is on a quieter street, near Shinjuku Ni-chome (the gay area of Tokyo) and is safe and friendly.

Overall, great hotel. I really recommend it - it's new,clean and convinient. A good place to stay in Tokyo.

Great stay with very good sized room by tokyo standard and good location

by TripAdvisor Member ShhConnie

We took advantage of the 25th citadines 25% discount and stayed here for 4 nights with my hubby. we had the executive double room which was of an amazingly good size (by japanese standard) with a queen size bed, a small living area plus a well equipped kitchette. also the room offers much storage space that we could nicely store away our old stuff and new stuff (from 5 days of shopping) tidily in the cupboards and wardrobes so we could really enjoy the room. there's a couple of convenience stories within 5-min walking distance so if you feel like staying in for dinner or just have a quick late nite bite it's all around the corner. location wise is a little far from the JR shinjuku station. after walking for hours everyday we just took a cab from the JR station which cost each way about 900 yen. definitely worth it. i'd say the highlight is the staff - all of them speak fluent english and are very helpful. got some good advice on directions etc. the breakfast was a little let down tho, esp. the coffee, but i guess when you can find all the good foods around town breakfast becomes much less important in the hotel. also we had difficulty accessing some of the english tv channels. we had axn, fox and some others during the first few nites of stay but they just disappeared on the 4th day. from my limited knowledge of japn think these channels are not meant to be free but rather the viewers should subscribe by calling a number. anyways, again with all the fun u can get from a city that never sleeps think tv is not much needed. free high-speed internet is definitely a plus too.

Very clean, new and modern hotel

by TripAdvisor Member chris80233

I stayed at the Citadines Hotel Shinjuku for one night with a friend. I paid around $200, expensive in my opinion, but Tokyo is an expensive city. It was very clean, very modern and the service was excellent. The hotel receptionists spoke fluent english as well. The rooms were a bit small but I understand that's to be expected in Japan. Beds were also a little small (two singles) but they were very comfortable and I slept great here. The air conditioning worked well and our room had a kitchenette, as well as a flat screen LCD TV and DVD player. Free Wi-Fi is always nice, and it worked great with my iPod Touch. The only negative with the room was the very small and cramped bathroom. The hotel is located a few city blocks (about a 15 minute walk) from the downtown area of Shinjuku, so it may be a little out of the way if you want to be in the middle of all the action, but the area around the hotel is very clean, safe and quiet. From the Shinjuku train station you can take the Narita Express train (I think I paid around $30 each way) to Narita Airport, about an hour and a half ride. Overall, if you're looking for a clean, modern hotel in a quieter part of Shinjuku and don't mind walking just a little bit to get to the action, this hotel is a great choice.

Good base in Shinjuku

by TripAdvisor Member Lynee

Citadines - clean and modern - Ikea look a like. Liked the way the sliding panel separates the bed from the rest of the room. Bathroom quite basic with the sink outside the bathroom - handy.
Fridge smelt a little funny but not much of an issue as I didnt use it much at all Just to store my edame beans which i had bought from one of the convenience stores down the road -i forget which one exactly as there were about 4 all within about 10 seconds of each other and the hotel! Jonathans is about 5mins walk away if your desperate for some grub - not the best but at 2am it'll do. Most eateries down town are open til 4am anyway!

Breakfast is basic - croissants, bread, cakes, coffee, juice, cereal. No cooked breakfast. Wasnt included in the room rate though I thought it was! If i had known I would not have bothered eating there and just gone out to eat on the way to sight seeing! Internet was included which was great.

Room is fine for your needs staying in a buzzing city as you only need to crash out there and its comfortable enough. Staff are helpful - english is pretty good - bonus. its about a 10-15min walk to the main Shinjuku station which is convenient. The Sanchome metro station is near by too but can walk there really. Good base to navigate from... walked to the main station to get to other locations. Would be on the list to stay in next time.

Excellent accomodation in an excellent location

by TripAdvisor Member Mollyoz

We stayed her for one night. This was a great place to stay, and we wished we could have stayed here longer. The staff here are very friendly. They spoke excellent English, however were also very patient with my attempts to speak Japanese.

The rooms are quite large by Japanese standards and were very clean. The kitchenette would have been useful if we were staying longer.

I liked the location of Citadines. The neighbourhood surrounding the hotel had quite a few eating options and cafes for coffee in the morning. It was fairly quiet, however it is still very close to the action of Shinjuku. It was nice walk to Shinjuku station, however for the first time I would recommend going to the Shinjuku gyoen mae station and it’s an easy 5 minute walk from there. (Use exit B2, turn left at the top of the stairs, left again immediately and follow the road until you see the 7/11 where you turn right.) We did this at night with suitcases and had no problems finding it.

I would definitely stay here again. The Shinjuku area is a great place to be based in Tokyo, and for the quality of the service and the rooms, Citadines was good value.

Comments