1-12-33, Akasaka, Minato, Tokyo Prefecture, 107-0052, Japan

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 25% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• hollisrules's Profile Photo

ANA Intercontinental Tokyo

The ANA is where I stay 95% of the time while visiting Tokyo. It’s very convenient to my company’s office which happens to be adjacent to the US Embassy and it’s also close to Roppongi which is a popular area to hang out for foreigners, though it’s no longer a favorite if mine. The staff is always friendly and courteous and there are several restaurants either in the hotel or nearby. The lobby is always bustling and there’s a great city view from the Manhattan Lounge located on the 36th floor.

The ANA is a dependable hotel with reasonable amenities and it’s relatively comfortable. I’d probably explore other options if it wasn’t so close to our office and we didn’t have a pretty good corporate rate but I’d recommend it for anyone looking for a dependable place to stay and who is probably going to spend most of their time out.

Unique Quality: It's a solid choice. Nothing stands out, good or bad. The gym is quite small.

• Bob_Shan's Profile Photo

Ana Intercontinental Hotel Tokyo

Luxury, extremely well facilitated hotel. Reopened on 2007 April 2nd.

Unique Quality: Large king size room, toilet with electronic washing spray - a true reflection of Japanese culture

Directions: MinatoKu/Roppongi

More about ANA Intercontinental Tokyo

Stylish hotel, centrally located

by hslowe about ANA Intercontinetal

I stayed here for two nights on business and was pleased in every way. The Intercontinetal offered a large, comfortable room; attentive staff; plenty of in-room amenities; good location and a stylish interior. 37th floor bar has good views of city

Hotel in Osaka

by Gili_S about Ana Crowne Plaza Hotel

In Osaka we stayed in the Ana Crowne Plaza Hotel which was about 10 minutes walk from the station. As Osaka was our arrival and departure spot in Japan, we decided to use this hotel on our first and last day in Japan and that was very convenience. It was walking distance from Osaka station where we used JR Line from/to the airport. Price was very good for double room for 2 persons was just about over 100€ or so including breakfast. Quality and location.
Japanese breakfast to start our first day was great.

Very Good Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member macca_gloc

I stayed in the ANA Intercontinental at the end of September for five nights and thought it was great. The room was large, particularly by Tokyo standards; though I have the feeling I may have been upgraded to a superior room. The bed was very comfortable. Decor was black marble, which is what Intercontinental seem to be going for in a lot of their hotels and seems to work in modern city locations. The serivce is very good and anticipates your needs. The restaurants are pretty expensive, but are very good.

Access to the underground network is very easy, though the station next door is huge and you can end up doing a lot of walking to get the line you want. It's pretty easy to navigate and is the best way to get around Tokyo. Taxis aren't that expensive either. There is a frequent bus service that takes you from the hotel to Narita airport.

The only complaint is that they do seem to have decorated the hotel and forgotten about the bathrooms, they were small and basic.

In summary, for it's location and standard of decor and service, the ANA Intercontinental is good value for money for Tokyo and I would stay there again.

Big, Nice but unspectacular

by TripAdvisor Member wjrosie

I stayed at the ANA Intercontinental for the first leg of my business trip (Taipei and Beijing followed). The hotel is/feels gigantic but the staff is extremely attentive and the amenities (health club, etc) are very nice. I was on the club floor which had nice rooms and access to the lounge--light breakfast, drinks and a light dinner. The rooms are nice and large--but mine was a little dated. For a high end hotel, i would expect the shower head to be intact and not leaking (streams of water flying everywhere).

Since this was my first trip to Tokyo, i have no frame of reference. The rooms seemed larger than I had envisioned and the food was better. The location of the hotel was great--but it didn't feel like a 5-star property--the Grand Hyatt in Taipei and Raffles in Beijing were definitely nicer.

First class all the way

by TripAdvisor Member happytrailsnyc

Being conveniently located in Ark Hills right near a subway station and an Airport Limousine dropoff was my original reason for staying here, but I've since stayed here two more times. Service and room accommodations are Westernized, but with Japanese style and the highest level of quality applied to every facet of the hotel.

I think the original Cascades waterfall was more beautiful back in 2003 as it had marble streams that flowed into the lobby. It's still quite magnificent, though the 'streams' are gone. But with the remodeling came some very futuristic additions - electronic placards display hotel events & restaurant menus, digital world clocks, and an array of artistic images electronically projected on large screen monitors.

The main restaurant offers breathtaking views of Tokyo, complimented by a piano bar and other live venues on the occasion. One night the pianist played something quite familiar - the Brady Bunch theme!
Strange, but amusing.

The only real meals I had during my multiple visits was breakfast, which were all fine continental affairs with the addition of traditional Japanese fare. Business kept me away during dinner time, but I'll try next time.

The rooms are smallish, but well appointed with wide screen LCDs, every digital appliance you could need, a wet bar, and a firm mattress with buckwheat pillows.
This was also the first time I've ever used a bidet, though it took a few tries to operate it without getting doused, as the instructions were in Japanese.

The multi-lingual hotel staff was quite helpful, and the currency exchange was quite fair, unlike my experiences in other cities where you would expect to take a beating for the convenience.

I can't really say anything negative about the ANA Hotel. I fell in love with Japan here, and the pleasant memories linger.

Great location; superior service

by TripAdvisor Member cd896

Great hotel for business purposes. Staff was highly professional, expedient, and competent. At times it seemed as if there was one staff member per guest in the lobby - all ready to help with a nod of your head. Room quality excellent; bedding was very comfortable. Gym accessible via only a few elevators and relatively small (however rarely busy).

Sleek, contemporary design in lobby area - amazing flower arrangements - ikebana - if you're interested in that sort of thing. Superb dining choices, particularly if you don't have time to leave the hotel. Excellent spot for business meetings. Small, limited selection of tourist shopping inside; just enough to satisfy someone there for a short stay. Right around the corner from the US Embassy and within walking distance to Roppongi. (That said, try NOT to make Roppongi your only stop should you be a first-time visitor to the city.)

Main lobby at the front door of the ANAMain lobby at the front door of the ANA

Kansai airport from Ana Gate Tower HotelKansai airport from Ana Gate Tower Hotel

Most comfortable airline - JAL/BA/ANA or Virgin Atlantic?

by Adam_uk

I am planning on going to Tokyo next year after saving for a bit :-) I havee been looking at flights and there is a choice of four airlines and I have no idea which airline normally has the most comfortable seats, good service, films, etc.? It would be long haul from London, so for me it's a quite important decision :-) The choice of airlines are:-

JAL - Japan Airlines
BA - British Airways
Virgin Atlantic
ANA - All Nippon Airways

Let me know what you all think or would opt for from experiences! :-)
Adam

RE: Most comfortable airline - JAL/BA/ANA or Virgin Atlantic?

by monpic

Adam, Virgin Atlantic's I would recommend , for the best in inflight entertainment, very good cabin crew, in today's standard and innovation. JAL is a classic, an old school.One of Asia's top 3.

by robine

I agree - Virgin is very good (but I haven't experienced the Japanese airlines).

RE: Most comfortable airline - JAL/BA/ANA or Virgin Atlantic?

by Sammyfloyd

I am guessing Virgin as well based on reputation. It also seems that their economy class possibly has a little more legroom.

by monpic

Adam, If i may add. Virgin is hip and cool. Even their blankets and giveaways ( Esprit looking designs ) are delighting to the eyes. Cheerful cabin crews. Inflight entertainment- Mp3 so that's a lot of music, lots of movies and games almost the same with that of Emirates Airline. And that's Economy class. Surely, you'll never get bored in your long haul flight. Go for it.

by Bilimari

Hi Adam,
I haven't been on Virgin Atlantic, but from my experiences with other 3 airlines, I like ANA for better services. :)

by Adam_uk

Hi!

I think Virgin has the most support :-) I will book with Virgin. Inflight entertainment is the most important thing for long flights! :-) I've hardly done long haul and so your info and opinions are great :-)

Thanks for your opinions :-)
Adam