Century Southern Tower Hotel

2-2-1 Yoyogi, Shibuya, Tokyo Prefecture, 151-8583, Japan

Hotel Century Southern Tower
Hotels.com Expedia.com Hotel Website

• Cozzy place to rest after shopping all day long

This hotel is located in 5 minutes away from Shinjuku Station, South Exit. In a very convenient place where you can easily reach a 24hours drug store and also many Isagaya. The entrance looks like an office building, and lobby is at 21floor. The receptionists were very friendly. Room size was acceptable. I'd describe it as a hip style accommodation. Not so pricy as Park Hyatt. Guests were mainly japaneses, few european businessmen. Some chineses (like me). I think each floor has amenities room to get water, ice. They have a little convinenet shop where you can get snake and drinks. Also drinks/cigarattes vendor machine. Strongly recommend this hotel for each type of travellers.

Unique Quality: Once the elevator door opens, you will see a bar and waiting area which are at 21 floor. Very good city view by the bar window as well as at resturants. Terrific night view.
    Along the hotel, you can have a very causl walk to the station. Accross is a shop called Franc Franc where you can enjoy shopping for stylish home deco. A grilled food resturant and Starbucks are next to Franc Franc.

Directions: Shinjuku Station

More about Century Southern Tower Hotel

Shinjuku's center

by sum2004 about Century Southern Tower Hotel

It was interesting staying in this hotel but ii was really just a place that we stayed at. Clean and everything but with no character. They didn't even told us that our floor was a smoking one so we had trouble with the smell of smoke and we had to ask for a non-smoking one (which took sometime of course). Nice big bouffet for breakfast. Complimentary internet in rooms. Shampoo and body soap in the bathroom. Clean bathroom but nothing special about it.

Good Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member platoaristotle

Great hotel with good views and good location. It's a tad bit expensive, but a great splurge hotel. After your first night, they charge 500 yen to use their nightgowns, which I thought was especially stingy given how much we payed for the room.

Great location in Shinjuku!

by TripAdvisor Member alohachick

Wow...talk about super close to the JR Shinjuku train station! It is a literally five minute walk from the time to exit the gates of the Narita Express train, a 76 minutes ride from the Narita airport, as you pass Starbucks and a crazy Krispy Kremes shop that has a super long line day and night. The wait times posted on a board for this donut shop was up to 1hr and 50 minutes at one time! The Japanese folks are really into new trendy items and Krispy Kreme is definitely the latest fad where folks come out of the store carrying an ywhere from one to four large boxes of the sugary treat. The hotel is also right across from Takashimaya Times Square.

The hotel lobby is on the 20th floor of the building and the staff was very pleasant and courteous. The lobby is literally surrounded by glass and the lobby bar is definitely a nice place to catch a view of the city at night.

We booked a double-single room and the room is quite small because the two smaller-than-full-size beds are split between the night stand. The bed is definitely hard as posted by other TA members. You will need to insert your key card into a slot by the entrance in order to activate the heater/AC and the lights in the room. The free internet is super fast and you'll need to bring your own network cable. The TV channels only have about two English language channels while the rest of the channels are in Japanese.

The bathroom a bit small and the counter is low but then again, all the bathroom counters are quite low. Overall, the bathroom is very clean and the shower works great. There is a wall dispenser for shampoo, conditioner, and body soap.

There is a mini-fridge in the room and it's empty. You can either buy drinks at the lobby shop by the elevators or the many stores within walking distance. Here's a tip for some inexpensive eating: go to the bottom level of the Takashimaya department store to pickup up the many types of delicious bento boxes and desserts!

The location of the hotel is within walking distance to many shops and restaurants in the Shinjuku area so save your money by walking or taking the trains instead of taking the taxis. We definitely did lots of walking and training riding during our stay in Tokyo.

Overall, this is a pretty good hotel but I wish the beds were more comfortable.

Luxurious high rise in a great location

by TripAdvisor Member wguterbock

This is a high rise hotel that occupies the 20th to 37th floors of a tall building just south of Shinjuku station. In the evenings there are throngs of prosperous Japanese strolling in the area between the hotel and the station. There are several specialty shops along the walk that have products from different prefectures of Japan, including one featuring things from Hiroshima. A bridge across the railroad tracks leads to two large department stores and a large bookstore. You can watch the Japanese lining up for Krispy Kreme donuts outside the hotel. The rooms are spotlessly clean and well appointed. Very complete set of amenities, including tooth brush, shaving and grooming kits, soap and shampoo. A few English channels on the TV. The gym, on the 21st floor, has only three cardio machines and no free weights or weight machine. Breakfast was included in our room price and was a very extensive buffet with attentive service. The hotel also has a Japanese and a Chinese restaurant, as well as a Mexican restaurant on the ground floor. Staff is very attentive and their English is very good. Excellent views from the guest rooms and the restaurant, looking over parks to the city beyond. It is fun to sit at breakfast and count the trains that come in to Shinjuku on 16 lines! Airport bus service to Haneda and Narita stops at the door.

Great in every way

by TripAdvisor Member Marraminga

I agree with the other reviews. I stayed here for 3 days at the end of may and it was great. The staff were attentive but not over the top like you sometimes get in Japanese hotels. The lifts were fast and efficient which is important when the hotel starts on the 20th floor. The room was very big by japanese standards and very clean with a great shower etc. Because of the location it does not matter which room you stay in, you will get great view of Tokyo, Shinjuku or Mt Fuji.

My only slight moan is that the windows dont open so you have no way of knowing what the weather is like when deciding what to wear and its 2 lifts and at least 21 floors before you can find out. By that time its too late to be bothered to go back up and change! This is true of many Japanese hotels though.

Location is the best in Shinjuku, Better than the Park Hyatt and Keio Plaza.

I prefered this hotel to the Park in Shiodome which is currently ranked 2 in the ratings.

Excellent view, service, and location

by TripAdvisor Member doggieluver

First, the location of this hotel cannot be better. It's right next to the South exit of the Shinjuku station (but there's no train noise at all). The Narita Express entrance could be found easily. I walked to the Narita Express platform from the hotel while carrying two suitcases without any problem and I by-passed the crowd in the main concourse of the massive Shinjuku station.

Second, the view in my room was breathtaking. I had a view of Mt. Fuji! All rooms are on high floors and thus all guests are guaranteed a good view. I guess rooms facing the other side of the building have a view of the Tokyo tower. BTW, even the lobby offers a nice view, esp. at sunset and at night. The lobby lounge offers a similar, if not the same, view as the "Lost in Translation" lounge at the Park Hyatt nearby.

Third, the service was excellent. This hotel is officially a 4-star hotel, but I feel their service beats that of many 5-star hotels in different countries. The concierge staff got out of the way to help me locate places to visit. There's no bell service (the hotel calls itself a non-full service hotel) but this was not a problem to me.

Location is the only plus

by TripAdvisor Member yrtx4e

We stayed in this hotel for the second time in mid June for 4 nights.

Two years ago after my first stay I promised myself I would not return. In light of the location for my travel companion who is a first timer in Tokyo, I decided to try it again paying a even higher rate than my favorite - Century Hyatt in Shinjuku.

The service is still the same - impersonal. It is a business hotel, there is no bell service. Concierge is also not very helpful.
I've been to many business hotels, I receive much better service from other similar grade business hotels in the area.

The buffet breakfast is pretty good.
My secretary called the same morning of my arrival to request for a room on higher floor and better view. We didn't get complimentary upgrade, we were given a room facing the West that can see Mt Fuji on a clear day. We did see the shy Mt Fuji for a day or two. That's the only merit during this stay.

The front desk staff was not friendly and helpful.

On the other hand, the weekend surcharge is too much in light of many Asian visitors prefer this hotel for their shopping craze. The hotel rate is boosted up, yet the service and hardware do not commensurate with the high rate.

I will not return anymore.

Great Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member liveforfood

I travelled to Bangkok, Tokyo and Hong Kong with my two teenage daughters from the middle of June for 3 weeks. I have been to Tokyo a couple of times in my single days but this was the first time for my daughters. We picked this hotel for its excellent location.

This is not a 5-star hotel. However, the room was extremely clean and had everything you need. I found the rates very reasonable. The all in one front desk staff were always helpful. I asked them to find me a good restaurant for Kobe steak and we were not disappointed at all. The breakfast was O.K. as compared with other first class hotels (especially after Bangkok). However if compared with North American standard it was exceptional.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay very much. We will definitely book this hotel again and highly recommend it to friends.

Good hotel but relatively expensive for what it is

by TripAdvisor Member rhenson

Very good location, central and quiet despite being next to a train station. Little in the way of amenities (no room service, no mini bar) but a wonderful view. More expensive than some nicer hotels in Ginza.

Comments