4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

26-1 Sakuragaoka-cho, Shibuya, Tokyo Prefecture, 150-8512, Japan

Hotels.com Agoda.com Booking.com

Costs 45% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• donpaul77's Profile Photo

Western comfort at the heart of Tokyo

I typically prefer immersing myself in a countriy's culture, but I was very happy with the upscale western conmfort the Cerulean Tower hotel offered. The hotel is brilliantly located with a two minute walk to Shibuya station. The lobby staff was incredibly attentive. If you walk into the lobby with even the slightest look of confusion on your face, a staff member will ask if you need assistance. The rooms were very nice with some stunning views of Tokyo (I was on the 29th floor). I was particularly fond of the bath tub right next to the picture window. They also have Japanese style rooms.

If you get a little tired of challenging yourself with Japanese cuisine, the breakfast buffet is exceptional (at about $30, it should be).

It was nice, at the end of a day of exploring this unusual city, to come home to a place where you know you will be taken care of. It's a great home-base.

Unique Quality: I was impressed at the concierge service in the hotel. They were great at helping us plan day trips and would always provide us with a printed map (for the train or to give to the taxi driver).

They even gift wrapped half a dozen gifts we had brought for our hosts, for a very nominal fee.

As I mentioned above, great views on the upper floors, proximity to Shibuya station, and pleasant rooms make this a no-brainer when looking for a western-style hotel in Tokyo.

Directions: Two minute walk from Shibuya station.

• jeanster's Profile Photo

Shibuya, Tokyo-Hotel

The Cerulean's a good place to stay (average $219 nite) and the location is over the walkway from the JR station in Shibuya. The rooms are clean, comfortable and ultra modern, but more of a business hotel rather than a vacation-romantic type hotel.

I highly recommend staying here if it is your budget or even for just your last night. A shuttle bus picks up from the hotel to take you to Narita. Very convenient.

Unique Quality: Great view of the city from the room I stayed in on the 23rd floor.

Directions: Close to the Shibuya Station

More about Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel

Graet spot!!

by TripAdvisor Member atcboy

My wife and I have just returned from a week at the Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel. We stayed in a Deluxe King Room (44 sq. meters) on the 35th floor (executive floor).
We picked this hotel based on passed tripadvisor reviews. We were a little unsure of the location at first, due to the long ride from the airport. Also, the Shibuya area is known as a “young persons” area.
Well let me tell you, the airport limousine bus could not be more convenient. It is literally door to door service. Most people get off and carry on to another part of the city, but if you are staying at the hotel, your luggage will be picked up from the bus and delivered directly to your room (very convenient). Don’t be fooled, the “little girls” that handle your luggage are more than capable to carry them.
Check in was quick and efficient. Key-card was in your hands within a couple of minutes. The elevator to the 35th floor was as fast as it gets.
The room was larger then expected for Tokyo, and the bathroom was large, by anyone’s standards. The workmanship of construction in the room was not to be believed. Everything fit like a glove. I only wish that my house had the same workmanship! The view from the room was breathtaking. I’m not sure that you need to spend $$$ on the view of Mt. Fuji. We could only see it for a day and a half due to fog (haze).
The money spent for the executive floor is a must. Breakfast in the 40th floor dining room was fabulous. Great service and a lovely meal. Also included was use of the 35th floor executive lounge including teas, coffee and cold drinks all day, with snacks and alcoholic beverages for a few hours in the evening. Also free in room internet on the executive floors. Service from the executive lounge people was marvelous. They were extremely helpful and had a genuine need to satisfy you. They were a pleasure.
The location is indeed very convenient. Lots of great shopping and subway, JR line and Keio(sp) lines are all within a seven minute walk.
Be prepared to see a chiropractor when you return home. The amount of people there to greet you and help you will keep you bowing 50 times a day. This is truly a 5* property and deserves more then there 4* rating. Would go back in a heartbeat.

Expensive, but truly outstanding.

by TripAdvisor Member JSurace

Let's get one thing out of the way - this place is not cheap. But what you get, in Tokyo, is truly outstanding. In the past my wife and I have stayed in Tokyo business hotels, which are several times cheaper. But they are also several times smaller, and frankly after a long day immersed in the hustle and bustle of central Tokyo they were not very relaxing to come home to. The Cerulean Tower, on the other hand, makes an ideal "base of operations" - after a long day of whatever you are doing in Tokyo (sightseeing, business, etc.) you can come home to a place that is truly well planned, relaxing, and more than large enough for American standards.

The service, typical for Japan, is a cut above normal expectations. From the moment we entered the lobby (after walking from the nearby train station) porters and greeters came, took our luggage, and escorted us to the check-in. All the staff spoke excellent English. Whenever we needed it, someone was there to help us. They also arranged for our return to Narita, they have shuttle bus (for a fee).

Our room, on the 26th floor, was what I believe their web site lists as a "deluxe corner king". The room was roughly 500 square feet. There was a small entryway, with a dresser and a place to put luggage. There was a full closet (with motion sensitive lights!). The room has a doorbell and electric "do not disturb" sign. The room is one large main room, with a California King, a love seat, chair, and a panoramic picture window. There was also a smalll desk with internet connection ($10/day), with another picture window. There was a widescreen tv, and a mini-bar fridge. We stocked it with soft drinks from the convenience store. The bathroom was jaw-dropping - the spacious tub (although not a 2-person model) also has a panoramic picture window overlooking Tokyo. There is a glass shower, the usual heated, computerized toilet, and polished stone floor to ceiling. All tastefully decorated - I applaud whoever designed these rooms - for once someone got it right, as opposed to just pasting expensive stuff on the walls.

The hotel itself is conveniently located about a block from the Shibuya station - it is a short walk with overhead walkways over the street intersections. Note that the main overhead walkway near the station has stairs both up and down, but the one on the north of the hotel sports an elevator and there are escalators on the east from street level, which may an issue for some. It is also only a block or two from the Shibuya shopping madness - there is plenty going on here all the time. There is a 7-11 in the hotel itself, and a Lawson's down the block, which should fulfill most of your minor shopping and late-night snack needs. We never used the pricey room service, but we did eat in Chinese Restauraunt "Chen" (yes, the Iron Chef). The food was good.

All in all, a truly fine hotel and for those with the means it is more than worth it. We will certainly stay there again the next time we are in Tokyo.

Great choice

by TripAdvisor Member TBuzzsaw

Traveled for the first time to Tokyo, and I must say this was a great choice to stay. Everyone here was very helpful and did it with a smile, whether it was asking for directions or carrying my luggage.

Rooms were perfect in every way. Everything was spotless. Bathroom was gorgeous and the view was phenominal. I had a great view of the Rainbow Bridge and Tokyo Tower. It was a great way to relax after a long day of exploring.

Location was great too, within a 5 minute walk from the famous Shibuya crossing and subway. A small store next door carries cheap snacks and drinks when you need it.

Overall a great experience and will definately recomend this place.

A solid 4 star

by TripAdvisor Member PFoggSydney

I know this hotel gets rave reviews. This is not one of them. This is a four star hotel masquerading as a five star hotel. The difference between a club room here on a Saturday night and a room at the Park Hyatt was about $50-100 and there is no comparison.

The room is not in same class as the Park Hyatt and was frankly a disappointment for the money. It was on the small side and in terms of style; more department store catalogue rather than a designer experience.

The staff at the Cerulean are obviously trained to be attentive, however, it can become a bit too much. They were all lovely but such enthusiasm at breakfast!

The club breakfast was served in the signature dining room with a sensational view and it was very good. But a formally served five course breakfast is a bit like the enthusiasm, a bit much first thing in the morning. Wonderful coffee was a big plus. You can opt for a continental breakfast at the club, but the selection is ridiculously meagre.

The club cocktail hour was very light on too, the club area was small and the standard range of hors d'oeuvre was so poor as to be laughable. It is not comparable to the normal Club lounge scenario, however again the view is wonderful.

The location is good for this side of Tokyo so if you really want to stay in Shibuya then I suggest you take a standard room and skip the extra expense of a Club Room.. I suspect all rooms are identical to the club rooms but others are on a lower level of the hotel..

The lobby was full on, always full and bustling. Some people may like that, but it felt like the rest of Shibuya, packed and trendy. It was no retreat from the outside world.

Yep, after three days the Cerulean made me finally feel my age. I probably resent that but what I resent more is paying for 5 stars and getting a good solid four star experience with a few flourishes around the edges.

The Cerulean is a hotel that really tries to be more than it is.
The Park Hyatt or Mandarin Oriental are in a different class.

Tokyotastic

by TripAdvisor Member Jayteee

We stayed here for 3 nights in February. Being totally new to Japan we were unsure about what to expect but right from the start our experience was positive. The check in staff were helpful and efficient, and the porter who showed us to our room was ludicrously attentive. It also had the fastest lift I've ever been in.

Based on what I had heard about Tokyo I was expecting a small room but the room was a reasonable size by UK standards, very clean and nicely decorated. What took my breath away was the view from the window. We were on the 26 floor looking towards Mt Fuji and at sunset the views were stunning.

The other great thing about this hotel was the bathroom which was huge with a separate walk in shower & bath room, and the most technologically advanced toilet (complete with heated seat) I've ever seen. Certainly one of the best hotel bathrooms I've ever experienced.

The location is good. It's a short walk from Shibuya where there is plenty going on, and is close to the station where the Ginza metro line provides cheap and easy access to the rest of the city. We were on a room only basis so didn't have breakfast in the hotel, but we were quite happy to grab a croissant from the excellent bakery at the station on our way into town.

Getting here from Narita is a doddle as the limousine bus company run a bus every hour or so that will drop you at the door. As I recall this was quite cheap but took around 1h 30min.

My only criticisms would be that our room seemed a little hot at night even with the a/c on full, and the hotel bar is comically expensive. But overall this is a great hotel and we really enjoyed the time we spent here.

Anonymous but has spacious rooms

by TripAdvisor Member TheGreatWhiteWay

Second time we stayed here. The check-in staff we very cold to the point of being unfriendly but maybe she was having an off-day. The room was great and very spacious. This is a large and pretty anonymous kind of hotel but it is well located and is very nice. The concierge sent us to a great, and reasonably priced sushi restaurant called Midori near the hotel. You have to queue for 30 minutes but it is so worth it!

A fantastic hotel in a fantastic city!

by TripAdvisor Member EdinburghDrew

I stayed at this hotel for 10 nights on vacation and loved it.

The Friendly Limousine Bus took me from Narita straight to the hotel.

The moment I arrived I knew this was going to be something special – the service was instantly top class. I was met by a porter as I got off the bus and my luggage was taken for me to reception where I was checked in straight away even though I had arrived 4 hours before check-in time.

My room was perfect.
A bathroom to die for – with bath and shower wet room, separate wash room area and an electronic toilet!
The room was very spacious and very clean.
Best of all was the view across Tokyo – especially at night with the neon lights.

The service was always impeccable – the staff seemed to genuinely take pride in their jobs.

The location is bang on – right next to Shibuya and great for public transport links to the entire city.

This is a seriously cool hotel – with superb staff.
I will definitely return.

Would stay somewhere else

by TripAdvisor Member cwolf

We had an overall bad experience with this hotel. The room that we reserved was not the room they gave us and when we complained they just said it was the room we reserved and too bad basically. Internet is not free which is crazy in a place like Tokyo - we stayed in 2 other hotels and it was included in the price. So on top of a bloated rate for what you get you have to pay $10 a day for internet.
On the other hand the hotel is in a great location. And the room was ok - our view was nice but... the price of this hotel and the service that we received was substandard. We stayed at the Park Hotel in the Shiodome and it was cheaper and about 5 times better. Theres not too many hotels in this same area and I think they take advantage of that. I would never stay here again and I wouldnt recommend it.

Can anyone give me an idea ????

by jlanza29

Hello everyone, I have a question for all of my friends in the Tokyo forum.... I am planning a trip with my girlfriend for Valetines day weekend to your wonderful city. And I would like to know how good are the location for the Park Hyatt in Shinjiku or the Park Hotel ??? I know the Park Hyatt might be the best of the best but I keep reading great reviews for the Park Hotel !!! Can anyone give me an idea of which place has a better location...This would be our first time in Tokyo and we're gonna do a good amount of sightseeing.... I know if I go the Park Hyatt I will recieve the best service in town, but am I paying too much ??? Or should I really consider the Park Hotel ???? Thanks... Jlanza29

Re: Can anyone give me an idea ????

by nexusangel

depends on you
If luxury is top on your priority for a hotel you will definately have to pay more.
But generally even the hostels in Tokyo are clean and neat with friendly and helpful staff.
For me i would pick a location as close to the JR staion as possible. Subways are not as convenient as the JR lines in Tokyo.

You can check out this website http://travel.rakuten.co.jp/en/
Prices are really good, and they will give you an idea how close it is to the stations.

Other locations to consider are Ueno and Ikebukuro.

Re: Can anyone give me an idea ????

by LLgirl

I think the best hotel in Tokyo is now Mandarin Oriental in Nihonbashi. Park Hyatt is a nice hotel but not so close to the station. Park Hotel (in Shiodome) is in a newly depeloped area near Shimbashi station (about 7-8 min walk from the station) and its room are at the 25th floor and up.

Cerulean Tower Tokyo in Shibuya can also be considered. Near the station and rooms are relatively large for Japanese hotels.
Cerulean Tower Tokyo http://www.ceruleantower-hotel.com/en/