1-9-1 Higashi-Shinbashi, Minato, Tokyo Prefecture, 105-7377, Japan

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 56% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Bob_Shan's Profile Photo

Conrad Tokyo - Superb!!!

There is nothing than "WOW" I can say first time I entered my room. As a consultant, I have traveled 20 countries and stayed numerous 5 star hotels, but this one, is simple the best.

First is the view, from the French window, I can see Tokyo bay, incl. rainbow bridge and Daiba, and the night view is even greater.

The room is extremely well facilitated: plasma TV, big bath tube, automatic window shutter and all glass toilet space.... plus great services.

All these come with a big price tag, however it was well worth it.

Unique Quality: Great bay view, automatic window shuttle, luxury bath tube

Directions: Shiodome

More about Conrad Tokyo

Conrad Tokyo is spectacular. Service is superb.

by TripAdvisor Member holzman

I stayed here late Jan 07 on a combination of business and tourism. I am Hilton Diamond and do over 100 nights of travel per year.

The hotel is physically beautiful, with top quality accommodations. The service is the best I have ever had in 20+ years of business travel at any hotel. The rooms are very nice. The gym/spa is very good. Executive lounge and offerings in it are far above average. The view from the lounge at the lobby level is breathtaking. The Shiodome area is interesting and had excellent access via subway and monorail to everywhere you could want to go in the city.

Prior to arriving, I taxed the concierge services heavily; asking them to find best travel routes to multiple business meetings in Tokyo, transfers from airport, restaurants, tours, restaurants and, sightseeing and evening activity suggestions, as well as a request to get me tickets to the sold out finals of the Jan sumo tournament. The service by Assistant Chief Concierge’s Naomi Saeki & Akane Tanaka and the Chief Concierge was SUPERIOR. They made my stay.

I can not say enough about this hotel. Everything was great. I already recommended it to an associate who had an experience similar to mine. I can not wait to return!

Conrad Tokyo treats Western Women Terrible

by TripAdvisor Member Samara27107

The staff is very snooty towards western women. Most of the good reviews for this hotel are from Gold or Diamond Hilton Honor members who traveled with their husbands. If you are not a Gold or Diamond member, and travelling without a male, you will be treated very badly here.

The window sofa fabric looks worn as well as the carpet
in the room. The shower leaks onto the bathroom floor.
The motorized window bathroom blind is very loud when
you operate it. If you do smoke, you will have to go down
30 some floors to go out and smoke, and change elevators
twice. The restaurant is very expensive. A coke cost $9,
and orange juice is $13 and no refills.

Make sure you check your credit card, this hotel will double bill you on things. For any service, you will have to call the front desk at least 2 or more times no matter what time of day it is.

If you go to the front desk, the staff will wait on others while they tell you that they will be with you in a moment.

The location isn't that great either, it is far away from most
tourist sites, and a good solid 12 to 15 minute walk to the Shinbashi Train station. The Shinjuku area is more centrally located around all of Tokyo tourist sites.

We enjoyed the Conrad

by TripAdvisor Member Family-C-L

From the moment we checked into the Conrad to our departure, it was a wonderful stay. We stayed 5 nights on the executive floor and were very impressed with the facilities and the level of service. Our room was HUGE for Tokyo standards (it was bigger than some Tokyo apartments we were told) with high ceilings. The view outside our window was spectacular, especially at night. The tub in the bathroom is separated from the living space by a ceiling to floor window so you can watch television from the tub. There are a lot of perks that come with staying on the executive floor including complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea and happy hour. The lounge is decorated in such a way that you feel like you're going back to your own house, very cozy and comfortable. Also complimentary is the use of their latest model pc, which you can use to check your mails or surf the Internet. The hotel is located in the newly developed Shiotome area, which reminded me a lot of Hong Kong or Frankfurt. There is one subway line that is a 2-minute walk from the hotel. But you want to take the JR line, the walk is more ilke 10 minutes, which can be a bit inconvenient if you don't like to walk. We will definitely stay here again should we return to Tokyo.

Extraordinary...Loved it

by TripAdvisor Member Colorobo

I travel a lot for business and pleasure. Stay often in Four Seasons and Ritz chain and have to say this hotel is one of the best I stayed in. The bar/lounge has excellent views of the harbor.

Great pool on the 27th floor, with an excellent spa. Location is good, especially for exploring Ginza area.

Concierge recommended an awesome sushi place about a 10 minute walk away.

Park across the street is nice and there a boat that leaves from there gives you nice tour of harbor.

Enjoy

Great stay

by TripAdvisor Member chvd74

We really much enjoyed our 5 nights stay in an Executive King room on the 36 floor. Receptionists are professional and so is the lady concierge.
The down size are, you have to pay (~17 euros per person) in order to get to the swimming pool. I think it is ridiculous and I have never seen that anywhere else in the world. So we did not use it, but just the small spa which is free.
Also a having an executive room, we can have breakfast in the executive lounge located on the 37th floor. However after asking whether there would be Japanese breakfat in the lounge I was told no, the Japanese one is downstairs, but as having an executive room, you can not have your breakfast anywhere else then… in the lounge. Crazy… specially that the lounge is not that big and already at 7:00 AM there were many people and so you felt cramped like in a train.
The only good time to use the lounge is around 18h00, when you can get free snacks and drinks.
We had dinner on the New Yar’Eve at the China Blue restaurant. It was good though not so traditionally Chinese oriented, but rather sophisticated Chinese cuisine. We enjoyed it anyway. The amazing thing is we arrived at 20h30 ad the restaurant was half full and we were the lasts to arrive, as we figured out after. We thought it would be full for the celebration.
The rooms are very nice, well decorated, bathroom is well equipped, I love the shower. The bad thing is the closet should not be opened like a door, but rather slides, because if one is getting something in there, you can pass to get in or out of the bathroom.
Anyhow we would highly recommend this hotel to people and would stay there again during our next visit in Tokyo.

Conrad – perfect place to start acquaintance with Japan.

by TripAdvisor Member Agripina

This hotel is an absolute masterpiece in terms of a design. Light spacious standard rooms have everything for comfortable stay. Our garden-view room has a stunning view of Sumida River and Tokyo Bay with Rainbow Bridge, Odaiba, Triton Square, Harumi Futo and Hamarikyu garden. We were there 2 days before New Year, the hotel was full, but service was always immaculate from receptionists to Mizuki Spa professionals when we had Essence massage right after arrival (really helps to take off jet-leg symptoms!). Thanks to HHonors gold member cards we got a free breakfast and access to hotel’s pool – cool place with a perfect Tokyo skyline view. “Cerise” with breakfast buffet has a great ambience and huge choice of all what you need for refuel in the morning, but another restaurant “Kasahana” disappointed us with tiny portions and surprised with high prices – it was really too much even according to Tokyo standards. For those who are just looking for good food without any pretensions there are great dining options right next door to Conrad – restaurant alley in Shiodome building. Anyway this is a great place to stay and we’ll return there without doubts.

Great hotel, good location

by TripAdvisor Member ricardoHK

Stayed here on a business trip for 4 nights. Very pleasantly surprised by the very large, comfortable, new rooms. Bathroom is huge! Service is excellent, and breakfast selection is reasonable.
I found the location to be very good for my needs. Once you get there (train from Narita airport to Tokyo, then a taxi (assuming you can successfully find your way out of Tokyo station - not easy)), this is convenient for a number of different reasons. There is an overhead walking path that takes you straight to Ginza in 5 mins in one direction. Also, it is right beside a metro station and JR line station. On the way back, the airport limounsine bus service takes you to narita in less than 90 mins.
There is also a jogging path provided by the hotel around the parks near the hotel which is a great way to start the day.

Stained and Snooty

by TripAdvisor Member PFoggSydney

We stayed seven nights in a Club room in January 2006, three nights in the city view room and four nights with the park bay view room. The room change happened because one night we appeared to share the bed with some invisible bitey criters! Rooms are identical except for colour scheme. Orange for city, green for Garden/Bay. The view from the park bay view side was mesmerising.

However, despite being a new hotel the furniture and carpets in many places ,including our room, are already badly marked and stained which took the edge off the designer experience.

Unlike most hotels in Japan, it was definitely worth paying the extra for the Club room. The breakfast in the lounge was varied and excellent , the evening drinks service was also excellent.

However, the staff in this hotel have an attitude problem . Be warned, if you are a women staying in this hotel you will have a hard time getting service. When it finally arrives it will usually be very snooty indeed. I just love being in a place where the staff think they are doing you a favour! Perhaps it was that my designer handbag was not sufficiently designer, it's that kind of place. . Recommend the Mandarin Oriental ( great location) or Park Hyatt ( bad location) instead.

Also there is a steep fee for the swimming pool which is not included in the Club room rate. Disappointing.

Tokyo Bay night view from Conrad Tokyo hotel roomTokyo Bay night view from Conrad Tokyo hotel room

Hotel referrals in Tokyo, Nagoya, Osaka and Fukuoka?

by JuneauKen

I'll be staying in these cities during a sales trip. I've been given a list of hotels from an associat, but these hotels are all $200US and higher. I don't need anything more than a Motel 6 kind of place. Are there any chain hotels in these cities?

Check out the English page

by SfumatoPants

Sorry for the multiple posts. The board wasn't updating as rapidly as usual and I thought my posting wasn't going through.

by SfumatoPants

...and trying not to spazz out anymore, try this:

by JuneauKen

Thanks for the replies. I sent an email to Solare Hotels asking for assistance. Super Hotels didn't seem to have a contact link anywhere. Here's my itinerary. I'm having a hard time following the google maps to find places near by. I'm hoping to find lodging within walking distance of my meeting locations.

April 14: Conrad Tokyo

1 8 8 Umeda, Kita-ku, Osaka

April 17: Grand Hyatt Fukuoka
1 2 82 Sumiyoshi, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka

by SfumatoPants

If you have a meeting at the Conrad then check out the Villa Fontaine Shiodome.

by SfumatoPants

In Osaka your best bet is http://www.superhotel.co.jp/en/s_hotels/higobashi.html

A very short cab ride down the road, a short train ride from Higobashi stn to NishiUmeda stn, or a 20 minute walk.

by bitbit

you can check out the toyoko inn business hotel chain http://www.toyoko-inn.com/eng/ they've got hotels in the various cities that you'll be visiting.

Comments