Crowne Plaza Metropolitan Tokyo

Travelocity Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• SLLiew's Profile Photo

Tokyo Ikeburo business hotel

Excellent location at Ikeburo with restaurants and shops just outside and Ikeburo subway station.

Like all Japanese business hotels, the room size is smaller than expected but nothing else to complain about. Stayed here during a business visit and so was out most of the time and did not check out the hotel facilities and restaurants.

Overall, great service.

• Good location

Rooms are big enough, swimming pool even bigger (although very shallow, only 110 cm), food is *excellent*. Bed covers changed daily, very friendly front desk staff with excellent English and ready to give directions to any place in town.

Unique Quality: Excellent location for tourists. Not quite in the center of city, located in a quiet neighborhood, directly opposite to Ikebukuro metro station and Tobu (giant) department store.

From this location you can get by Metro to any place in town in max 20 minutes (fare is, depending on distance, up to 190Y). Surroundings offer a nice mix of restaurants and nightlife if you don't want to stay overnight at Roppongi or other area.

Incredibly calm are for Tokyo, allowing nice early morning or late night walks around the block.

Directions: Ikebukuro

More about Crowne Plaza Metropolitan Tokyo

Hotel in Tokyo Japan

by Ronario about Hotel Metropolitan Tokyo

Situated in the heart of one of the world's busiest commercial centres, the Hotel Metropolitan Tokyo is located in the prominent Ikebukuro District, a vibrant and burgeoning recreational area.

Awesome hotel, excellent service, near subway

by jumpingnorman about Hotel Metropolitan Tokyo

I researched where to stay in Tokyo and most of them were expensive hotels, but there was this one hotel that stood out as being inexpensive but blessed with so many good reviews on Tripadvisor - the Hotel Metropolitan Tokyo in Ikibukuru. I just paid $114.51 (+16.96 tax) per night for a room with two single beds! A single bed room costs even less, like about $90 (we booked for February 2010)

Being a first-timer in Japan, I wanted to be in a hotel where the limousine bus would stop at, where the my tourguides from Sunrise Tours could pick me up and where the subway access is easy. All of these were answered by this hotel and more...

When we first arrived, I was surprised by the huge lobby because I thought it was just a low 3.5 star hotel. The service was just excellent from checking in, the bellboy and asking for directions. They had two kinds of rooms, the renovated (on higher floors) and non-renovated ones (for an extra charge - I think about $40? more). But we chose to stay in the non-renovated one since we were going to be OUTSIDE most fo the time. Our room was at the 12th floor, and was of good size and very clean. The carpet may be a bit outdated, but for the price we were paying this was great!

I tried Wi-fi internet but failed, so I called front desk and they said it was "plug-in" and so I just used the connector which they had available in one of the cabinets. And boy, was the internet FAST --- uploading pics onto VT took a mere secconds, hahaha

There was no safety deposit box in the room, but there was a very secure sperate area beside the front desk for safety boxes --- looked like a little bank and I felt that my cash and valuables were safe there.

If you did not bring your computer, they do have a business office but I did not use it.
We did not try the restaurant in the hotel which is of course more pricey, but instead we ate outside.

To get back to airport was easy since we just paid the 3000 yen each price at the "bellboy" desk. along the limo bus route and tour buses pick up guests, very affordable, excellent service

Good Tokyo Deal

by misodiva about Crowne Plaza Metropolitan Tokyo

We were able to get a $180 a night king non-smoking rate which included breakfast for two on the crowne plaza website. Breakfast would have been $40 anyway and the room was very large, so this was a good deal.

We had yukata's, tea maker, cable tv with CNN english, washlet toilet, bathtub/shower, mini-bar drinks only, hairdryer.

There was a quicky mart a few steps from the hotel for sundries, and the lobby had many shops. We got some great shiatsu massages and chinese foot reflexology in the spa for women.

Also the pastry shop in the hotel had beautiful delicious little bites. Many restaurants around the hotel including indian, mcdonalds, and the rest.

The best thing of all was the information desk, and the people who staffed that spoke really good english. They were able to give us a map of the area around us. Also right near the Ikebukuro train station, so even though we weren't in the action, we could get to anything quickly. They had a great free 24 hr. computer room with printer downstairs with about 6 terminals, 3 in english. Had many restaurants, only at one the two where we could eat breakfast.

Questionable

by TripAdvisor Member vincsam

My wife and I stayed 4 nights at the Crowne Plaza Metropolitan in June 2007. The room was extremely small and dingy. This was my first trip to Tokyo so I don't have anything to compare the room size to from Japan, but this seemed to be exceptionally small given what we paid. We did have a great view on the 23rd floor though. Another positive was the free broadband internet access in our room. It appears that the hotel has only recently come under the ownership of the Crowne Plaza, so hopefully some upgrades are coming.

City but not so city

by TripAdvisor Member Travelgypsyisme

Located very close to the Train station and the main JR line so very conveinient. Hotel has 2 entrances with a number of restaurants and an observation/restaurant/bar. 24 hour free internet is a bonus.
Lower floor rooms are quite small and the smoking rooms are really smokey! Higher floor rooms are bigger and refurbished.
I found reception tried to hard to be efficient so made themselves unefficient. The conceirge is very helpful though and efficient with baggage. Safe deposits are in a locked room next to reception and the currency exchange counter.

Very nice

by TripAdvisor Member yvr1

The hotel is in a nice area of Tokyo. The lobby and public areas are nice, staff is very friendly. Rooms are small, clean and comfortable. The TV is limited to two English speaking stations, CNN and BBC news. There is pay TV if one wants movies. Good views are afforded from the higher floors of this 24 storey hotel. I did not eat at the hotel, as I found the prices to be somewhat high. Breakfast buffet was about $25.00 U.S, there are other places to eat in the area.

This Hotel is Great

by TripAdvisor Member HenrySingapore

Thanks for the reviews. It certainly helps me to make the right choice. My family of 5 stayed in this hotel in late May. The hotel is nice & clean (though it looks a bit old from the outside). It has a direct airport transfer right to the sheltered lobby & guess what? it was pouring when we arrived. My 3 large lugguages were transferred from the coach to my room with no hussle. The staff is helpful & thoughtful. We got 2 connecting rooms & was allowed to check-in earlier (1:30pm). The room is comfortable & clean. It has an automated toilet bowl & a heated mirror to clear the shower vapour. The hotel is located near the west entrance of the train station which is less crowded as compared to the east entrance which is pack & very happening. Overall, it had been a great stay, And if for any reasons you do miss the Singapore food, we happened to come across an eatery that will satisfy your needs. It is called "Daichinoki Singapore" located at Shinjuku-ku, Takadanobaba 2-14-16 Meiho Blg 1F, Tokyo (about 5 mins walk from Takadanobaba station). The friendly chef and lady boss would be more than happy to serve you some of the familiar dishes in their cozy little restaurant.

Hotel Metropolitan TokyoHotel Metropolitan Tokyo

Hotel Metropolitan TokyoHotel Metropolitan Tokyo

Renovated room, Hotel Metropolitan TokyoRenovated room, Hotel Metropolitan Tokyo

Hotel Metropolitan Tokyo, huge lobbyHotel Metropolitan Tokyo, huge lobby

Help me all hotels are booked and I can't find one!!!

Hello,
I'm doing a world trip (see details on my profile) during which I will go to Tokyo, Japan

My problem now is, that I can't find a hotel for 3 persones (me+sister+best friend)
(30.12.06-07.01.07)
everything seems to be booked until now.
If anyone could help me, I would be very glad,
It actually would already help to find someone who can guide us through the city (non of us speaks japanese)

nadine

www.gcc-web.net

For guides www.tokyofreeguide.com

Hope this helps.

by moinu

I managed to book this one:
Hotel Sky Court Asakusa
single room (8nights) 408 €
twin (8nights)679€
do you know if that's too much?
do you know if it is a good location to stay?
and an other important question, can you tell me how long it will take us to go to tokyo station?

(do you think Crowne Plaza Metropolitan Tokyo next to ikeburo ststion would be beter? time to go to tokyo?)

RE: Help me all hotels are booked and I can't find one!!!

by NickJenDavis

Celestine hotel is usually pretty good. It is in the Tokyo downtown area, close to everything. Google the hotel for the number, we have actually obtained rooms there just by showing up since they save so many rooms for walk-in bookings. This is a very nice hotel, and should it be booked, it is walking distance to other hotels as well.

by sagamigal

Try www.sakura-house.com for dorms and guesthouses

by moinu

thank you I think we are well of with what we found
;-)