Haneda Excel Tokyu

Booking.com Priceline.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Tokyo

Chanko Nabe Sumo foodChanko Nabe Sumo food

Inside the main hall (not my pic)Inside the main hall (not my pic)

NTT Docomo Building, Tokyo, JapanNTT Docomo Building, Tokyo, Japan

You can climb in and try things out! (not my pic)You can climb in and try things out! (not my pic)

going to tokyo in May does anyone knows the kind of weather in may/

by KENT001

going in may how is the weather there a friend of mine said that april/may is like the sumer time in japan is that correct should i bring jackets /coats what kind of attire can someone suggest to bring or wear.

by JohanIsWeg

In April, temperature should vary between minimum of 11 C (51F) and maximum of 18 C (65F). May will be a bit warmer. Wear what you would in wonderfully mild weather. Good time to travel to Tokyo, just be aware Golden Week (a collection of four national holidays within seven days!), one of Japan's busiest travel seasons, takes place at the end of April and beginning of May.

by SfumatoPants

I would not bother to bring a coat in May. A light jacket... maybe, but I would think it would be more fun to have to go and buy one if you find you need it (maybe at night) rather than drag one with you. You can pick up cheap clothes on the fly from stores like Uniqlo making it unnecessary to over pack.

...and by cheap I mean practically disposable.

by Bilimari

It's a spring time in Japan. As above mentioned, it'll be a comfortable nice (not too cold, not too hot) season in Japan. However, depending on where you live and what climate that your body is used to, you may feel either a bit cold or bit hot. I've seen foreigners wearing a jacket in June/July in Japan as well as t-shirts in winter. ;)

Travel Tips for Tokyo

Where do you get money?

by Bunsch

People may not know that the cheapest place to access cash via ATM (unless you have a private banking or other cost-free alternative) is at the many conveniently located post offices. Give it a try before you fork over your hard-earned cash to Citibank!

As different cultures meet in...

by aob

As different cultures meet in Tokyo, one of the most important sites one has to see is the Asakusa Kannon Shrine. One nice way to approach ist by boat, coming from the harbour and passing different bridges, replicas from bridges all over the world. The traffic!! Once we went by car from Yokohama to Tokyo during rush hour. We had to drive 3 hours for atrip which takes using the train app. 3/4 hours.

Tokyo Tip

by luciano

I was walking around Ginza at night; not by the big avenue with the expensive department stores, but through small streets not far from there.

By chance, I found a very small shrine's festival: they were cutting the traffic of just one side street, and it was impossible to notice them from more than two blocks away. When they lifted up and started to carry a mikoji (small replica of the shrine), I began to take pictures until I almost finished the film. At that moment, one of the men approached and asked me where I was from, and then he invited me to join, and he took my picture! I couldn't believe it.

The conclusion is: Japan is safe and full of hidden surprises, so walk around because you never know what you may find.

Rice Wine Bath

by o00o

As a foreigner, probably for the first time in your life, you will be completely surrounded by thousands of people of a different nationality to as through it's physical isolation Japan is one of the most HOMOgeneous nations in the world with a population of over 98% Japanese.

Tipping in Japan

by mkotarac

Tipping is not required anywhere. The only place we saw that "pushed" tips were in the bars at night, and even then it really isn't neccessary.
One night when going to a restaurant, the waiters were so kind and nice we decided to leave 500 yen (5 dollars), even though we knew that tipping wasn't normal practice. To our surprise we heard "Matte yo! Sumimasen!" (Stop! Excuse me!). Our nice waiter was running with our bill note in his hand! We gestured him to keep it, but he firmly gave it back.
I've been told that in upscale restaurants and hotels they do allow tipping, but since we never went to those places I can't be too sure!

Comments