Kichijoji Daiichi Hotel

Expedia.com Agoda.com Travelocity

More about Tokyo

The initial ToriiThe initial Torii

Interesting landmarksInteresting landmarks

The amazing sunset that greeted us in JapanThe amazing sunset that greeted us in Japan

The sun never sets on these brands!The sun never sets on these brands!

Kawagoe from Tokyo

by ozpaul

I have absolutely no understanding of the Tokyo train system. I have tried - but I just can't get my head around it. We will be staying at the Tokyo Grand Hotel and would like to visit Kawagoe for the day. Could anyone please suggest the best way of getting there from this hotel. I have tried to find the closest station but with no luck. Mnay thanks.

Re: Kawagoe from Tokyo

by obaachan

Fugu has answered your question about the transportation question so I just want to mention that one of the main attractions of Kawagoe, Kawagoe Castle main palace, is now under renovation. It is scheduled to complete next March.

Travel Tips for Tokyo

Sumida River Line

by Rebecca_jp

Take the Sumida River Line and cruise from Odaiba to Asakusa, you'll see its 12 unique bridges. To get Odaiba you must get first Shimbashi Station, by JR lines(Yamanote line,Tokaido line, Yokosuka line, Keihin Tohoku line) and subways(Ginza line, Asakusa line). Once in Shimbashi transfer to Yurikamome line and get Daiba Station.

Umbrellas to Your Face Hurt :)!

by Breen

When searching for the word musuem I came out at Shibuya station and it had just begun to rain. I have brought my umbrella but I was late in deploying it, but the locals used to the July rainy season had the jump on me and I was scratched a few times with umbrellas. Also with the locals, especially the women, being slightly shorter than I and the people I was travelling with, we had to hold our umbrellas usually higher to get through the crowds. Just a warning, there are umbrellas werewhere in Japan, even on bright sunny days! When it rains it... showers. Compared to what I'm used to Japan's rain is pretty light, but it just might have been the period I was there I'm sure its worse than that usually.

Tsukiji Shijo

by stonefree

Tsukiji Market is the kitchen of Tokyo. And its area is the largest among Asia.

The market starts at 3am when the discharged fish are lined up before the auction that start at 5am.

Then the auctioned fish are sold through the brokers to the resellers. VTer Sharrie made me taking her to the market which was just exciting experience for me, too!

Zojoji temple

by Toshioohsako

Zojoji is one of the largest and important temple in Tokyo. Its located near Tokyo Tower. The cherry blossoms are beautiful there and its a nice spot for pictures. My father's funeral was performed here. That makes this temple a special place for me. There is a "Mizugo" worship place (see my home page) in the garden of this temple. its a nice area to walk around. I never fail to visit this temple whenever I visit Tokyo.

Tke the Mita Subway Line to Onarimon Station

Don't take any crap from the...

by Sybaris

Don't take any crap from the Japanese. They have lived shoulder to shoulder for so long that bumping into others or pushing their way onto a train or bus is acceptable. Unless you want to be left standing on the platform learn to shove right along with the rest of them. Also, if you happen to have to stand in line for something, hold your ground, older Japanese women are notorious for blatantly cutting in front of anyone without a care. Lastly, carry some napkins or a small towel. Japanese eateries either don't have napkins or provide small tissue thin ones.

Comments