3-7-1-2 Nishi Shinjuku, Shinjuku, Tokyo Prefecture, 163 1055, Japan

Asiatravel.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Costs 51% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• CruisingGoddess's Profile Photo

Luxury in Tokyo

The Park Hyatt Tokyo is everything I expected from the highest quality of hotels. All of the staff that spoke both Japanese and English, and were always very friendly, professional, and accommodating. They helped us arrange transportation to & from the airport and the cruise pier, as well as mailed packages back home for us. Our room was on the 50th floor and had a stunning view of the city. The room and bathroom were immaculate, as well as the hotel itself.

The only reason why I would hesitate to recommend the hotel is that it is a 10+ minute walk to Tochomae, the closest subway station, or 12 minutes to Shinjuku Station. The hotel offers a free shuttle to Shinjuku Station but if you like sticking to your own schedule, it can be a little inconvenient. I usually prefer to stay within 5 minutes of a subway station if I plan to take public transportation a lot. Otherwise, I highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again.

• Beautiful hotel with a beautiful view

The service was incredible. We made the mistake of walking to the hotel from the train station in the August heat. The bellmen saw us approaching and several ran down the hill at full speed to meet us and take our luggage. The majority of the staff spoke excellent English and were more than helpful. There were even comfort foods on the room service menu like fries and hamburgers when you've had enough sushi. The elevator system is slightly confusing due to the 3 towers. This is the hotel that Lost in Translation was filmed in. I would reccomend it to anyone in a heartbeat.

Unique Quality: The pool is on the 2nd tower and getting to it is slightly complicated. You need to switch towers and then go down to the locker area and then back up to the pool which is on the 47th (or there abouts) floor. We were on the 50th floor and the views were indescribable. We could see what felt like the majority of Tokyo.

• angelochka's Profile Photo

they will always be "lost in translation"...

if i remember right...Park Hyatt has been choosen best hotel in the world in 2005 so i was pretty surprised not to find that much info about it on vt...that's expensive, but they dont take money for a visit or just 10$ for a drink in one of the bars located up high:)) at my opinion it's worth just to visit one of the most gorgeous and sophisticated hotels in Japan, to appreciate it's originality, minimalist decoration. The hotel itself is from 39 till 52nd floors of Shinjuku Park Tower, granite and glass building designed by Kenzo Tange. I've been there when had dinner on 52nd floor in "New York Grill" restaurant and after spent couple of hours in one of the bars with my friend...what can i say more? you just have to watch the movie "Lost in translation" and get the idea about spacious and luxury rooms, swimming pool with fantastic view over the city. Btw the movie was released soon after our visit there...so our impressions were not affected by it

Unique Quality: funny fact that i read about Park Hyatt: in Shinjuku district hotels usually occupy higher floors of business centers and it's always overcrowded, but in P.H. they have separate elevators for their guests and that offers privacy..that way you can be sure if there is somebody in the elevator with you..they're likely to be personalities, fashion designers or CEOs:) and yes, maybe you will be lucky enough to meet Scarlett Johansson??

Directions: West Shinjuku

• loisl's Profile Photo

Famous since the movie "Lost in Translation"

Another great place near Shinjuku station

Unique Quality: Location of the movie "Lost in Translation"

Great rooms and
    an absolutly great indoor pool up on the 47th floor.

Directions: near Shinjuku station
    next to Tokyo metropolitan offices

• stonefree's Profile Photo

5stars hotels

Okura Hotel
    Imperial Hotel (Teikoku Hotel)
    New Otani Hotel
    Palace Hotel

(foreign-affiliated)
    Four Seasons Hotel
    Keio Plaza Hotel (Inter-Continental)

• o00o's Profile Photo

š 5 Stars Hotel

Located near to the Metropolitan, about 15 minutes walk from Shinjuku Station.
    The rate is about US$300 and above.

Unique Quality: Fantastic view to the city and the Fuji Moutain.

Directions: Shinjuku Staion:
    South Exit, turn right and walk along the Koshu Way for proxiately 12 minutes.

More about Park Hyatt Tokyo

by toot2shoot about Without a doubt, the paradigm hotel in Tokyo

Service and attention to detail beyond compare. The rooms were ample in size; bathrooms were stunningly beautiful and provided every conceivable amenity, rooms were finished with a tasteful décor boasting original artworks throughout. I have read that some people felt this hotel was highly over priced; perhaps these people haven’t traveled extensively in Japan. The concierge was ever ready to take on your every task, for those of you who do not speak Japanese; some of the staff here speak better English than the western guests themselves! On clear days, rooms facing Mt. Fuji have an unobstructed view of the often obscure attraction.The view from the pool is unrivaled, you can even see the New York Bar and Grill from the pool, in the tower just below, which offers a similar view with the added bonus of being one of the hotels biggest draws. The food here is fantastic, and the service is impeccable. I wasn`t absolutely thrilled with a few items that I ordered from room service, but aside from that, without a doubt the most memorable hotel I have stayed at in Japan. The pool, the spas, the views, The New York Bar and Grill, Kozue, The Peak lounge, Restaurant Girandole, the Park Hyatt Deli, The Pastry Boutique

Raising the Bar on Luxury Hotels

by TripAdvisor Member Leisurehead

My wife and I staggered off of the 12-hour flight, navigated byzantine Narita Airport, and shuffled onto an Airport Limousine Bus (3000 yen per person and available right in the arrival lobby outside customs) for a 90-minute ride to the Park Hyatt. The Park Hyatt was the last stop, so we wound through the neon of nighttime Shinjuku as the bus stopped at all of the major hotels. Finally we arrived, and by the time I stepped off of the bus, the bellman had already loaded my baggage onto his cart. He welcomed me in fluent English and took down my name before ushering me into the hotel. As we passed the bell desk, he spoke my name to another bellman which put the Hyatt’s choreographed check-in process into motion.

The Park Hyatt’s lobby is on the 43rd floor, so it entails a trip in their very decorative elevator. The elevator opens into The Peak Lounge, a large room with high ceilings that contains the swank bar from the movie "Lost in Translation". It's a short walk through the library to unique reception area. Where were invited to sit at a table opposite the front desk person. My signature card and some flowers for my wife were already neatly positioned in front of me when I sat down. After the brief paperwork, I was issued a metal key (I was expecting a card) and our bellman showed us to our Park Room where he explained the amenities and politely reminded me that tipping is not necessary in Japan.

After we played with the various gizmos in the room (automated window blinds, 50-inch plasma TV, free DSL hookup, electronic butt-washing toilet), we took a hot shower, poured a cold drink from the well-stocked minibar, and stared at the beautiful nighttime cityscape outside our window. Herein is the best part of the Park Hyatt: Coming from the US to Japan is pretty bumpy in terms of travel time, jet lag, and culture shock, even for a guy that's done it all his life. Staying at the Park Hyatt is a wonderful way to ease into a trip to Japan.

I'll let the pictures speak for the room, though the flash ruins the relaxed lighting and makes everything look much more stark than it is in real life.

As far as dining, I had breakfast at Girandole, their white tablecloth breakfast buffet. A little fancy for my taste, but my wife isn't down with fish and rice for breakfast, so it was a good resource in that regard. The Peak Bar serves expensive but worthy cocktails, and I had an excellent fish & chips dish worthy of a London pub. All of the restaurants emphasize the Hyatt's commanding view of Tokyo.

Off the beaten track, but if you're a car buff, take a stroll through the parking garage and check out stall after stall of Lamborghinis, Aston-Martins and Rolls-Royces.

The hotel is a few blocks from Shinjuku Station, the central crossroads of Tokyo. It's walkable but a bit brutal in the summer heat. There's a Citibank on the way if you need cash.

If you can swing it, try to stay at the Park Hyatt your first night at least. After that, you'll be restored and you can brave Tokyo to find that crazy hotel in Roppongi. ;)

Best in Tokyo

by TripAdvisor Member lucaerrante

Stayed four nights on a work trip. Absolutely excellent in every respect: design, service, comfort, good food (but pricey) at the restaurants, view. Expensive but still the best in Tokyo.

Pretty Nice Place

by TripAdvisor Member Buzzy1

The Tokyo Park Hyatt lives up to it's reputation.
Good sized rooms, plasmas TV, excellent service all
around. Great views from everywhere. Stayed there
for free using Hyatt points. At US$500 a night,
is probably quite overpriced unless you are very wealthy or on company expenses. (But Japan in general
is obscenely overpriced in dollar terms). Bars &
restaurants all first class. Excellent location.
Very sedate, without any of the verve in the public areas one finds in more heavily trafficed hotels.
One of best places I have stayed, and worth the
experience if money not an issue.

Comments