1-12-2 Dogenzaka, Shibuya, Tokyo Prefecture, 150-0043, Japan

Agoda.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• udosan's Profile Photo

Review by a OneTime.com User from Germany

Leaving shibuya station you only need a two minutes walk to reach the hotel.It is a perfect place to start trips for Shibuya shopping or sight seeing.It is a perfect starting point to reach other parts of Tokyo.The friendliness
    of the hotel staff makes you feel familiar.The restaurant at25th floor is a perfect place not only for breakfast and diner but with wonderful views over Tokyo skyline.
    last visit on January, 2005.

More about Shibuya Excel Hotel Tokyu

STREET BAND IN SHIBUYA

by hotshot0428

That night I was lucky and also two tourist I invited, and I have this plan and this is my idea to go to the bars in Shibuya with live Japanese band.
Because I told them, before I am going back to Vancouver I want to experience and hear how the Japanese " Rock and Roll ".
So we arrived early in Shibuya Station so I said, we wait here and it is too early to go to the bar.
I noticed that in front of Shibuya Excel Hotel Tokyu they setting up a street band and I said, this is cool and we want to hear them.
The lead singer sing even we do not understand they are really sound very good. After they sing and we clap our hand. And we are the only one who clap our hand. So many Japanese listening around, and I said, maybe they have a different culture here.
After the mini break, one girl giving hand out pamplet about the band and they call themselves " KINARI ".
So we did not go to the bar after all, we hear street live band for free.

Business Hotel in Tokyo

by SLLiew about Excel Hotel Tokyu

This is a chain business hotels in Japan.

Excellent location. The room is slightly bigger than I expected as Japanese hotel rooms tend to be smaller than other countries.

Tokyo Hotels

Hi Everyone.

I stayed at the Sunroute Hotel in Tokyo on my last trip and this trip I will be staying at the Shibuya Excel Hotel.

Does anyone have any experience with this hotel? Are my friends allowed to visit me? I have heard of stories of staff not allowing you to bring people up to your room or force you to pay for a double room to do so. Is this true?

Thanks,

by gmewu99

Well i am currently a student and my friends and I are looking to share the costs of the room.

It is pretty common where 3 or 4 students will reserve one room and all share it to save costs. I was wondering if this would be a problem in japan

by Gillybob

If you are paying occupancy rates, rather than per person rates, you would be able to have up to the maximum occupancy for the room. So, if you book a triple room, then 3 people can use the room. However, if you are booking a single room or a double room for single occupancy, then only one person can use the room.

It is illegal to enter into a contract for one purpose (i.e. occupancy of a hotel room by one person) and then go ahead and undertake it for a different purpose (i.e. book a single room and then occupy it by three people).

Thanks guys,

You have been very helpful. A Hostel sounds like a good idea.

by tuff

Keep in mind that the cost of hostel per person x the number of persons may be more than a hotel triple room.

by YVRDave

The Shibuya Excel Hotel charges about 2000Yen per extra person. The Narita Excel Hotel does not charge for extra people. It depends on the hotel, you may want to do more research for a different hotel in the area

When you say Shibuya Excel Hotel charges an extra 2000 yen per person,

Does that mean I can Reserve a 1 person room, and just ask to pay the extra surcharge for each addition ppl that will stay?

I will try to call them tonight to get a confirmation. But it was hard communicating with them the first time.

by YVRDave

Within the limits of the bedding. You can't have 20 people in a room with 2 twin beds, use some common sense.

by marunouchi

try to see hire:
hotel in Asakusa.
4,500 yen and
Extra person: 1,000 Yen per day per person.

Comments