4-8-1 Shibakoen, Minato, Tokyo Prefecture, 105-8563, Japan

Costs 27% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about The Prince Park Tower Tokyo

Perfect Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member kamui47

I just stayed a week at the "The Prince Park Tower Tokyo" hotel and I rate the hotel as excellent, especially at that room rate (paid in Euro). In comparison: Last year I stayed at the ANA Hotel which was more expensive, but did not offer the same quality.

The staff is very friendly and very helpful.
The room is well equipped and very clean (I had a basic room with twin beds on the 5th floor) and everything looked new. Free LAN, bathtub with bubbles, additional shower, large windows with view into a park and at the Tokyo Tower nearby.
Important for me: the curtains close perfectly and the hotel is extremely quite (no noise of any cars for example).
The breakfast room is on the 33rd floor and the view on Tokyo is amazing.

It is a perfect hotel for a business traveler and I hope to stay there again.

The only downsize: The location is not perfect, if you have a very busy schedule. It is a little bit off the centers (there are several centers in Tokyo), but in walking distance to two subway lines.
I presume you can't have everything or you would have to pay much more...

Comfort. Location. Value. Wonderful.

by TripAdvisor Member Banks3

In Tokyo for a week-long conference at the adjacent Zojoji Temple. The lobby of the Prince Park Tower is elegant and understated architecturally. The staff was welcoming and helpful at every level. As a business traveler, I found the concierge particularly helpful, coordinating dinners and even ordering ahead for me. The on-site restaurants were good, albeit a bit pricey for the quality. The rooms were well-appointed and comfortable with large windows. Shibakoen, the adjoining park, is a beautiful sanctuary in which to walk and find cats (in rather unexpected places at time)...if you like cats. Tokyo Tower, one of the more recognizable features of the Tokyo skyline, is a short walk from the hotel lobby and subway stop is right across the street. I would definitely return for business or for fun.

Cherry Blossom Time

by TripAdvisor Member Kgwd000

I go to Tokyo for business regularly, but have only recently started to stay at Prince Park Tower. It's location is near to my business location, but everything about it is first class. It is not a Western Hotel, and feels much more like an upscale Japanese Hotel. The rooms are spacious, with separate bathrooms, and shower / tub combinations. Internet is free, and it has a nice desk area for business work.

The Hotel has several very good restaurants; I tried the Sky Garden for breakfast buffet (great!), and the Japanese Steakhouse, which was also very good (but very expensive). In addition, it has a bowling alley, fitness area, and many shops - all expensive with the Yen to $ ration of about 100:1 now.

I mentioned the Cherry Blossoms as they were out fully when I was there Mar 26-30, and many families and couples were having parties and dinners in the park alongside the hotel

Amazing in all respects!

by TripAdvisor Member patrickhw

This hotel was the cheapest available with our air/hotel package on Expedia. We were more concerned with price than star ratings, so anything would have been fine. The being said, this hotel was way above-average, especially for the price. As soon as you pull up to the hotel you really get a feel for Japanese hospitality. Everyone is bowing and saying "Welcome to the Prince Park Tower," and they even pull your chair out for you while you await check-in. We had an extra person in a deluxe twin room, and after getting to the room the doorbell rings and 3 or 4 super-polite staff enter and begin making the third bed. They even brought an extra set of toiletries, towels, and china for the tea.

The room was fairly spacious especially compared to the other hotels we stayed in on our trip. The balcony was great, and the room was impeccably stocked. There is even a jetted tub and washlet (Japanese electro-bidet, haha). You can also have a staffmember come up to your room and give you a "pillow consultation," where you select your favorite pillow. In the evening, there is turndown service as well.

During the day they have kimono-clad women stationed outside the elevator and they bow and push the call button. Because we were sort of backpacking, we kind of felt underdressed at times, but we weren't treated any different than the business-suit clad types.

Yes, the fitness center/pool are for those 25+, but we didn't really come to Tokyo to do any of that anyway, so it wasn't a big deal. Besides, Japan has onsen! which are better than a big chlorinated pool any day in my book.

I've checked recently and this hotel is still one of the cheapest available on hotels.com and expedia, which is still a huge surprise.

There is nothing not to like

by TripAdvisor Member trinzeon

Although I typically stay at the Tokyo Prince, I stayed this time at the sister hotel, the Prince Park Tower. What a difference! I have an executive room with a beautiful view overlooking Tokyo Ginza. The food choices are superb. Executive floors have a dedicated set of elevators accessed by key card. The staff is friendly and attentive. The fitness facility is outstanding, albeit quite a walk. Be cautioned: Unlike American hotels, people typically dress in street clothes to the fitness center and change there. They look a bit askance if you wear your workout clothes in. They do have new clean clothes for you to wear while working out. They also have a full length lap pool (indoor and immaculate) and a wonderful natural hot spring.
Internet connection is via LAN and no charge. The cable is in the room, thus avoiding those annying trips to the front desk (why some hotels do this is beyond comprehenshion).

There are a number of wonderful sites within 15 minutes walk, including lovely shrines in Roppongi Hills and the Zojoji temple.

The Dutch Embassy is very nearby. Tokyo Station is a 10 minute (1500 Yen) taxi ride. The bus from Narita takes appx 1.25 hours and costs 3000 Yen. Akihabara (electonics) district and Roppongi (party) district are both within 15 minutes public transit. Nearby shopping is high end, so with the state of the dollar, be forewarned.

This will be my hotel of choice for all future business trips to Japan.

Impeccable service with understated elegant architectural gem

by TripAdvisor Member dreamliner911

The U.S. has a lot to learn when it comes to flawless customer service. The staff at Park Prince showed us just that. They pay attention to every little detail and everyone always has a smile on their face. They even have someone dressed in a japanese kimono to press the elevator button and bows until the door is closed. Wow.

The room was spacious and very clean. Nice bathroom and tub and separate toilet. One bad thing about the toilet is that you kind of get attached to it. How I wish we have heated toilet seats here with built-in bidet.

The hotel is easily accessible by Limousine Bus from Narita Airport. The cost was 3000 yen and they drop you off at the hotel. The Oedo subway line is a 2 minute walk.

What a great find!

The best hotel ever

by TripAdvisor Member GinzaGirl13

This is a fantastic hotel. It really exceeded my expectations. The staff was wonderful and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. I didn't expect such service since I booked with Expedia. I highly recommend paying extra for a Premium room because the Sky Buffet Breakfast is outstanding and you get a complimentary bottle of Champagne every night. I love this hotel and I can't wait to go back. I have stayed in many hotels in this is my all-time favorite. The location is also very convenient.

Excellent in all regards

by TripAdvisor Member Aviron

The hotel was as good as I was led to believe. Clean. Spacious. Modern. Attentive staff. Good location. Deluxe bathroom. Nice views from the floor to ceiling window and balcony. A great find AND value.

First Class!

by TripAdvisor Member iac0n

From the minute I walked in the door I was amazed, truly the greatest experiance I have had at any motel.

The staff were very welcoming and helpful, they got me checked in and into my room extreamly fast.

I stayed in a Superior Double and it lived up to it in every sence of the word. The room was extreamly moden and roomy, king size bed, coffee machine, casual sitting table, mini-bar, automatic blinds, sensor lights... the list could go on.

The bathroom was the highlight of the room. It had all your standard fancy japanese features, heated toilet seat, bidet, shower with adjustable head, bath with automatic fill, bath jets.

The motel is a little less central then other places but they make up for this with the number of bars and restaurants located thoughout the motel. Everything is only 10 minutes away via the train anyway.

I'd truly recommend this motel to anyone wanting to have a great experiance in Tokyo, knowing that you have a fantastic motel room to return to when you are tired from sight seeing is a true luxury that is a must for any holiday.

A well-placed hotel from which to explore Tokyo

by TripAdvisor Member The_Truffles

Having stayed in Tokyo before - in a truly amazing hotel (the Grand Hyatt) and a truly dreadful one (the Keio Plaza), I had a fairly polarised experience of hotels in the city.

This one is definitely at the top end of the scale.

Location-wise, this is well-placed. If you are staying here, do ask for a view overlooking the Temple or Tower...the best views are to be had from the North or North-West aspects; the hotel overlooks Shibuya Park, which is simply wonderful and (if you like Tokyo Tower) offers a spectacular view both of it and other landmark buildings such as the Mori Tower at Roppongi Hills (which you simply must visit).

From a public transport point-of-view, you are very well-placed for Akabanebashi (Odeo Line) and Daimon (Odeo and Asakusa Lines). However, as fun as the Metro is, you can be in Shinjuku in 20 mins in a cab or Tokyo Station district in about 20-30 depending on the time of day. Cabs aren't that expensive (caveat here being that I live in London, so I'm used to very pricey cabs); a fare from the Prince to Roppongi was always on or about 1000 Yen, which is five pounds sterling or 10 USD at time of writing. So, for the sake of getting an air-conditioned taxi, save yourself the hassle of getting on a Metro train if you need to arrive at your destination dressed well.

Don't even bother with the Metro at peak time. Just don't. Unless you really like being VERY intimate with your fellow man.

As for the hotel itself, the room was spotless, truly. The service at the front desk was very good and housekeeping responsive if you need to ask for an iron/power adaptor etc. I would say, however, that the vast majority of hotels in Tokyo have the same level of service regardless of class. If it's one thing Japanese hotels do well, it's hospitality.

If you are a vegetarian, you will need to eat elsewhere other than the hotel in the evening, which - if, like me, you've just got off a 12 hour flight from London and a one-hour drive from the airport, is a little tedious. However, I don't actually see that, even if I weren't a veggie, that I would eat in the hotel. The food menu looked very good, but very pricey indeed. As mentioned above, I would be inclined to take the five min cab-ride to Roppongi Hill instead, which has many restaurants and bars to suit all tastes in one of the most progressive and modern parts of the city.

However, the bar at the top of the hotel is well worth a visit at night, since the view and service is exceptional.

Breakfast in the Hotel is a good variety of Western and Japanese cuisine. You will not leave feeling like you have paid over the odds for a poor choice of breakfast, as has been a common experience for me. Breakfast cereals, breads, lots of fruit and juices, pancakes...the choice is very good. Hotel breakfasts are never "value for money", since the mark-up is huge, but the choice and variety is very good indeed.

This has been mentioned elsewhere, but a word of warning about the gym and spa. You will not be allowed to use this if you are under 25 years of age. This is a problem for some with families and seems a little harsh to me. I would rather see the hotel having its facilities open to all between certain times and 18+ years from, say, 1900. This, for me, emphasised the "business hotel" positioning that the hotel is gunning for.

In summary - I would not hesitate in recommending the hotel to anyone staying in Tokyo. It is well-placed, with a good team of staff who will look after you almost to the point of it being a little embarrassing.

Do learn a little Japanese before you go. "Please" and "thank you" will elicit a warm response from the locals and is a basic courtesy!

Finally...and I know this sounds daft....but for a hotel that has over 500 rooms, I never felt like I was staying in a "large" hotel. The layout is designed very well as such you will not feel like you bumping into people every five mins.

One downside - two of the internal lifts made of glass that run from the ground to the 33rd floor overlooking the atrium. Very cool if you like that sort of thing. Not so nice if you have vertigo, like the poor Spanish lady I met on my first day!

Garden at Senso-jiGarden at Senso-ji

At the Kaminarimon gate of Asakusa templeAt the Kaminarimon gate of Asakusa temple

JumpingNormal at Electric City, JapanJumpingNormal at Electric City, Japan

Janet's karaoke mike?Janet's karaoke mike?

Japan, Tokyo for the first time in early June - advice needed

by Kenneth_C

Hi all

I am thinking of taking a short break like 6 days in Tokyo. I need help in planning my trip. I intend to go free and easy but not sure if this is a good choice as I cannot speak Japanese.

Any recommendation for good hotel in the city center - near to shopping belt?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Japan, Tokyo for the first time in early June - advice needed

by jumpingnorman

This is just my hotel review on my recent stay in Tokyo, hope it helps:

I researched where to stay in Tokyo and most of them were expensive hotels, but there was this one hotel that stood out as being inexpensive but blessed with so many good reviews on Tripadvisor - the Hotel Metropolitan Tokyo in Ikibukuru. I just paid $114.51 (+16.96 tax) per night for a room with two single beds! A single bed room costs even less, like about $90 (we booked for February 2010)

Being a first-timer in Japan, I wanted to be in a hotel where the limousine bus would stop at, where the my tourguides from Sunrise Tours could pick me up and where the subway access is easy. All of these were answered by this hotel and more...

When we first arrived, I was surprised by the huge lobby because I thought it was just a low 3.5 star hotel. The service was just excellent from checking in, the bellboy and asking for directions. They had two kinds of rooms, the renovated (on higher floors) and non-renovated ones (for an extra charge - I think about $40? more). But we chose to stay in the non-renovated one since we were going to be OUTSIDE most fo the time. Our room was at the 12th floor, and was of good size and very clean. The carpet may be a bit outdated, but for the price we were paying this was great!

I tried Wi-fi internet but failed, so I called front desk and they said it was "plug-in" and so I just used the connector which they had available in one of the cabinets. And boy, was the internet FAST --- uploading pics onto VT took a mere seconds, hahaha

There was no safety deposit box in the room, but there was a very secure sperate area beside the front desk for safety boxes --- looked like a little bank and I felt that my cash and valuables were safe there.

If you did not bring your computer, they do have a business office but I did not use it.
We did not try the restaurant in the hotel which is of course more pricey, but instead we ate outside.

To get back to airport was easy since we just paid the 3000 yen each price at the "bellboy" desk

Re: Japan, Tokyo for the first time in early June - advice needed

by muratkorman

Hi there,
You won't have any problem with the language. During our stay, we met many helpful Japanese and even though some of them couldn't speak English, they helped us. For the hotel, take a look at my hotel tip. Sunroute Higashi Shinjuku was very comfortable and reasnably priced. Moreover, the metro station was just next to it (5 metres only). For things to do, take a look at my Tokyo tips too. They are quite recent and they will be helpful to plan your days. Enjoy Tokyo :)

Comments