1-4-1 Mita, Meguro, Tokyo Prefecture, 153-8580, Japan

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about The Westin Tokyo

Very Good Stay at Westin Tokyo

by TripAdvisor Member cat94403

We just returned from a 5 night stay at the Westin Tokyo & we were very pleased with the service, location & our room. This was a vacation trip & we used Starwood points for the entire stay so expected less then luxe accomodations. We were pleasantly surprised with our room (826) which appeared to be oversized & had a seating area. The hotel is a 5-10 minute walk to the Ebisu Metro/Train station - leaving the hotel from the B1 level you can reach the station without going outside. There are many restaurants in the Garden complex as well as the surrounding neighborhood.
The Concierge in the Business Center was quite helpful & printed maps when we asked how to get to specific locations.
Our personal experience at the Westin Tokyo was a good one.

Ebisu rocks!

by TripAdvisor Member emankin

Westin Tokyo in Ebisu is great for US families. Rooms are large, plenty of amenities, and location is great -- Ebisu Center has most everything you might need right there, and it's quick to the Yamanote (sp?) circle line which takes you anywhere pretty quickly.

Rooms are very good sized for Tokyo, with nice views to the Tokyo Tower. Great soundproofing, good bathrooms -- a nice place to relax after sightseeing in Tokyo.

pure luxury...but for a price

by TripAdvisor Member eislamov

I stayed twice in Westin Tokyo. Business purpose.
Hotel is a bit too expensive for my taste (around 300$ US/night),but when company is paying it's welcomed.
Hotel is really good, rooms big with all you need and don't need inside, bathrooms are large with separated shower and tub, with all sorts of little goods for making the things better in the bathroom.
I was on 12 and 13th floor, view was nice, panoramic, as the window is big. Hotel and hotel area is quiet, ideal for business travelers. Situated in Ebisu area, with shopping mall (nothing special for me) just across the street. JR train is around 500 meters from hotel (6-7 minutes walking).
Everything is very nice, but if I had to give my money, I would choose another 5-star hotel, cheaper and similar in service...

Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member Stroopwaffel

I recently stayed at The Westin Tokyo while on vacation with my 12 year old son. The hotel staff was friendly, helpful, and for the most part spoke English. The concierge who each day helped us arrange for a tour or indicated which train we needed to take was especially helpful. It was raining during our stay; fortunately the hotel provided us with two umbrellas each morning on our way out of the door - which I though was a nice touch of hospitality.

The Ebisu subway station is a short 10 minute walk from the hotel (you can ride the moving walkways for at least half of the distance). The hotel is conveniently located on the west side of Tokyo and you are no more than 15 minutes away (by subway) from Shibuya, Shinjuku, Ikebukuro, Roppongi, Ginza, or Tokyo station. Lucky for us Yebisu Gardens (adjacent to the hotel) shows English language films on a giant outdoor screen during July and August (last night we watched Chicago) and best of all it is free of charge.

The room was clean, well maintained, and comfortable. The only not-so positive comment I have is that the restaurants in the hotel are a bit on the expensive side (relatively speaking of course, since we are in Tokyo). I don’t usually stay at the Westin when in Tokyo on business but given the opportunity to stay here again while on vacation – I would do so without hesitation.

A Good Business Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Autumn_Sunset

Stayed for a total of a week and a half in March.

This was the second time staying at the Westin Tokyo. I've stayed at a couple of other hotels in Tokyo and still prefer this one over some of the others.

Nothing beats the Heavenly Beds at the Westin chains and this one is just like all the others. They had a choice of 2 different types of pillows so you can sleep in comfort.

In addition, the staff was very helpful. The concierge will be happy to supply you with maps and directions to wherever you need to go. They were also helpful in writing questions like "Can you recommend a good sake?" in Japanese so that I can just take it to the department store of my choosing.

I only had one negative experience during this trip but it was rectified so in the end I was happy. While the rate is really good (I think it's about US$10 for a 7-day access card), access is only available in the lobby and unfortunately for my laptop was unrealiable. So unrealiable that I had to complain. The first time I complained, they did not offer me any other option but the second time I complained, the concierge offered to give me access to the wireless access on the club room floor for no additional charge. On the club room floor I had no problems accessing the internet. Upon check-out, they had even removed the initial 7-day access card fee.

In terms of location, it is close to the Ebisu station on the JR line and Hibiya line. It was very convenient for me both for my business meetings and personal shopping (in Shibuya, Harajuku, and Shinjuku).

For those traveling with a JR railway pass that you buy before you go to Japan (a good deal if you're going to other cities in Japan), you should also note that the JR railway pass is good for the JR 'subway' line in Tokyo. You just have to show your pass to the attendant.

In comparison, I've stayed at the Grand Hyatt and the Cerulean Tower. I probably prefer the Grand Hyatt over the Westin but it does generally cost more. Plus, I'm not a fan of the Roppongi area. As for the Cerulean Tower, it was a good hotel as well but the service level (while still exceptional over North American hotels) was below both of the other hotels. The Westin is a great deal and is in a great area of Tokyo.

poor customer service

If you want great customer service and to be treated the same as any other guest than DO NOT STAY AT THE WESTIN! We were treated poorly compared to the JAPANESE customers. It was a terrible experience. Other reviews stated this and we assumed that the others were just being "ugly americans" but they were not. It was true. The Grand Hyatt was better as we changed hotels after 3 nights in the Westin. It is also out of the way from anything interesting to see. I would never stay in such a place again. Westin USA should look into this poor treatment of foreign customers by the Japanese. It was awful.

Great rooms and excellent service

Based on negative reviews from several travellers I was a bit apprehensive about staying at this hotel. However, I had a wonderful stay and was quite impressed by the excellent service. I saw no difference in the treatment of Japanese vs non-Japanese guests by the hotel staff. Indeed, staff were always attentive and had a good command of English. Concierge services were excellent. Breakfast buffet was OK and reasonably priced. Hotel restaurants were great (particularly the Teppanyaki restaurant on the 22nd floor), although a bit overpriced, but that is the norm in hotel restaurants in Japan. Room was huge by Japanese standards with great beds (heavenly beds) and very good views. Bathroom was also huge, with separate shower/bathtub facilities; good water pressure in the shower. I am not a fan of the hotel's French faux-European decoration, but I tended to overlook it, since the hotel is excellently maintained. Location is not as central as other hotels in Marounouchi, but it is very convenient to such areas as Shibuya, Shinjuku, Omotesando, Roppongi and Shinagawa (via the subway or the JR Yamanote line). Hotel is connected by underground passages via the Yebisu Garden Place to the Ebisu station (about 10 minutes away), so you can avoid bad weather conditions. Also, the Yebisu Garden Place is a very nice area with a good department store (Mitsukoshi) and a large choice of restaurants. Overall, a great hotel with excellent service.

Poor Service / Poor Location

My friends and I stayed here for 4 nights and we had nothing but trouble. Not 5-star service at all. The rooms were too expensive for the poor service we had. Other friends stayed in a better hotel and they got what they paid for. The Westin is far from the hot spots and tourist sights. The walk to the train station was far. The taxi fares add up. You can find a better hotel in the same price range closer to everything. The breakfast and lunch buffets were like cafeteria food. It's not a dump by any means but it is not hip and modern like you would imagine in Tokyo. There are better places so keep searching!

Great experience

by TripAdvisor Member GoLeafsGo0907

Great hotel for travelers. The staff were very helpful, and the lounge had great breakfasts. It's a bit near the outskirts of Tokyo (Ebisu area), but about a 5 min walk from the JR train station.

Elegant and large hotel in interesting area

by TripAdvisor Member ajsm

Stayed on Starwood points - not sure I would do so otherwise given the room rates. A five minute walk (some distance) from the subway. Nice hotel, nice rooms. Ebisu area has some nice restaurants and ok shopping/sights.

Comments