Tokyo Prince

Expedia.com Agoda.com Booking.com

Costs 30% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• AusPinay's Profile Photo

GOOD VALUE HOTEL with TOKYO TOWER VIEWS

One of the highlights of our trip to Japan/Tokyo was staying at Tokyo Prince Hotel due to the amazing daily and spectacular nightly views of Tokyo Tower from our ROOMS!

Our family of four were duly booked in two separate non-smoking rooms as requested with unforgettable views of Tokyo Tower and the leafy garden below us! It was magical especially at night.

Make sure when you book to please reserve you the room with Tokyo Tower view.

My youngest son and I were lucky to be in the room with the whole Tokyo Tower and garden full views. They were inspiring and helped calm our otherwise tired and stressed bodies after a gruelling 14 hour flight from Sydney via Seoul.

I must warn you that the carpets cold be a tad worn out but the rooms are thoroughly clean, the bathroom, toilet, bath tub, etc. Another new experience and equally cool thing was the bidet which was a hit to the boys!

SERVICE is great here, I suspect in most hotels as Japanese service people seem to be well-trained to spoil the tourists!

FOOD as always is gloriously delicious and a work of art for every meal we have experienced here- whether the western or Japanese breakfast buffet or the lunch at Shimizu or Porto Restaurants. There are a wide variety of eating places to choose from here but we stuck to these two. There's a Chinese, French, Tempura, Grill Restaurant, etc. There are also cheap or moderately-priced eateries minutes from here and am/pm or 7 eleven stores so you don't have to spend a lot. We ate from the buffet 4 times with a couple of discounts from not having our rooms cleaned for the first two nights!

They also gave us 1,000 yen per day for two days, as we opted to not have our rooms cleaned for two days as previously mentioned. This is the limit. After two days, our rooms were cleaned and toiletries replenished. It seemed like we took home more stuff again! The folding brushes were useful so were the headbands and the little bottles of fragrant body soap and toiletries. I really didn't take my own shampoo and conditioner. The ones in the hotel seemed better I guess!

Unique Quality: Great service and food, and spectacular uninterrupted views of Tokyo Tower from our rooms made our 6 night stay at Tokyo Prince an unforgettable one!

I really chose this hotel to use Tokyo Tower as our landmark in case we get lost and it came in handy as the overwhelmingly huge but efficient train system is Japan made us get confused also with the exit gates, etc.

The leafy park was a tranquil oasis that made us soothe our tired bodies after our long trip. The Zojoji temple, shrine and gardens were also a welcome sight which is just a minute's walk from us, a bonus! I shall talk about this in a separate tip page.

(We also stayed one night at Garden Hotel near Narita which is equally good bur a bit far from Tokyo sights.)

By the way, we booked this hotel through and airfare and hotel package via expedia.com.au and it cost all four of us- AU$59000+. That is good value in my book! We paid separately the one night stay at Narita.

Directions: It is near the Onarimon station, 15 minutesfrom Hammamatchuko Station (JR lines, etc) & behind Tokyo Tower
    When we got tired after a day's touring, we just took the taxi back here and cost us only 710 yen! i

• adura's Profile Photo

A Walk Away

The room is not too big, not too small, moderate - considering this is Tokyo, where 'square feet' is luxury. My room was all white - love it!

Bathroom is pretty small but of course a modern one. Can leave all your toiletries at home, you're pampered here.

Internet connection is superb! And CHEAP! I opted for the 24-hour connection, which costs ....can't recall (sorry need to refer to the hotel bill).

Breakfast is sumptious though I couldn't taste it all considering some may not be halaal for my consumption - just able to devour bread & butter, ommelette, cereals, fruits, juices, coffee, coffee, and coffee. Well, my choice was the norm English Breakfast, nothing authentically Japs at all. Note: Don't miss out the tempting savoury sushi-style delicacies if you could.

This hotel is highly recomended to those who are so used to sedentary life -style, where tourist attractions are just a walk-away, and Tokyo's most prominent train line: JR Yamanote Line is just around the corner. Hop in and you'llbe whisked away to other major tourist areas.

Unique Quality: A nice view of Tokyo Tower from the Hotel room: Towering high architecture at day time, glittering bright lights at night time.

Directions: Found Tokyo Tower? You'll find the Hotel.
    Found Zojoji Temple? You're very near to the Hotel, just next to it.

More about Tokyo Prince

Hotel near Minato-ku

by shintarojon about Tokyo Prince Hotel

(last date stayed - June 3 - 6, 2007)

Single room - 15,200 yen
- breakfast included
- tax and service fee

TOKYO PRINCE HOTEL * MINATO-KU

by kiwigal_1

This is one of the oldest hotels in Tokyo and offers a high standard of service at a moderate price. I stayed at the hotel for New Years evening for only 15,000 yen (Double Room). The normal rates for a double room are slightly higher but if you book early (they offer an internet booking service that details any special deals available) you are likely to be able to get a room much cheaper.

Single= 18,000 Yen
Double= 12,000-26,000 Yen
Twin= 12,000-26,000 Yen
Triple= 30,000 Yen Located right next to Tokyo Tower. Excellent views of the tower! Centrally located close to shopping and nightlife areas. Easily accessible by train or taxi.

Zojoji Temple

by victorwkf

This is a very impressive temple located near to the Tokyo Tower and Tokyo Prince Hotel at Minato-Ku suburb and is a must visit when you are in this area. Admission is free and you can spend time visiting the Shuba-koen Park just next to the temple as well. You can actually take a slow walk north to the Imperial Palace and Ginza area from here (takes about 20 minutes). The famous central wholesale fish market is about 30 minutes walk away. More photographs of Zojoji Temple are at the travelogue section of this VT page.

Tokyo Prince HotelTokyo Prince Hotel

How to get to Tokyo Prince Hotel from Narita Airport?

by mesheel

I'll be in Tokyo at the end of the month and have been booked a room at the following hotel:

3-1, shibakoen 3-chome,
Minato-ku, Tokyo

How do I get there from the airport? I don't want to take a cab as I suspect that to be pricey.

Thanks for your help.

by shi612

The best way is to use the Airport Limousine bus.
They have bus services direct from the airport to the hotel for 3000 yen.
If you go out from the custom area, you will find the ticket counter of the Airport Limousine at the opposite side of the arrival lobby.
Buy a ticket to the Shiba area hotels. 2 to 4 services every hour.

by tuff

If you just have a small carry-on luggage, the least expansive way I know is to use the "Keisei Line Limited Express" train which costs 1000 yen from Narita Airport to Ueno, then change to the "Hibiya" subway line and get off at Kamiyacho 300-400Yen? and walk five minutes. Avoid rush hour!

by globetrotter214

You can always look up the Airport Limousine Bus which runs from Narita airports to various hotels in the city. And I believe it stops at the Tokyo Prince Hotel. http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/e/index.html
Or you can always opt to take the Narita Express which runs to Tokyo Station, and after getting off at Tokyo Station, you can take a taxi to The Tokyo Prince
Both ways a reletivly cheap for Tokyo and comfortable.
Hope I could help.

by NickJenDavis

There is a bus/limousine from the Narita airport for I believe $3,000 yen that will drop you at the doorstep of the Prince hotel.

Comments