2-36-8 Ikebukuro, Toshima, Tokyo Prefecture, 171-0014, Japan
Booking.com

More about Kimi Ryokan

You have to stay at a Ryokan!...

by BorderHopper

You have to stay at a Ryokan! I only used Ryokans for my lodging while in Japan. It gives you a taste of traditional Japanese lifestyle. You will sleep on a fluffy bedding which lays on an actual tatami mat. Upon entering the Ryokan you will remove your shoes and will be given a pair of slippers. Your name will also be placed on the sliding door of your room. The room is very comfortable and clean. Some come with a televison but most do not have bathrooms iside of the room. The room maid will get you situated, seat you on the floor in front of a small table, and serve you tea or coffee. Before she leaves she will present you with your Yukata gown which is to be worn for dinner and after bathing. The bathrooms are shared, and the bathing area is sectioned off for privacy for the men and the women. If you are shy then it may take a little getting used to when you first have to wash and then bath in front of strangers. I learned the hard way...after a long day of travelling I decided to take a shower only to find a bunch of naked men sitting in the bath. Needless to say I promptly gathered my clothing and went back to my room. I snuck back in at about 1 am and had the place to myself...I even brought along a nice tall beer I had fetched from an outdoor vending machine. There is nothing like a beer and a hot bath in Japan!
I stayed at the Kimi Ryokan in Tokyo's Ikebukuro district on Tokiwa-dori street. This is the place to stay if you want to be surrounded by westerners who are teachers, models, students, or just plain backpackers. It also happens to be one of the cheaper Ryokans..but it's far from traditional. When i find the address of the Ryokan I stayed at near the prestigious Tokyo university I will post it up here.
In Nagasaki
low: $30 USD
average: $60 USD
High: $100 USD Traditional Japanese lodging, with shared baths and large saunas.

a small inn in Tokyo?

by jena03

My plane is landing in Tokyo on aug 22nd and i plan to spend a couple days in the city before traveling to other parts of the country.

I'd like to stay in a moderately priced place -- a friendly small inn or such -- and away from the most touristy parts of the city. Do you have any recommendations?

Many thanks....

Re: a small inn in Tokyo?

by YVRDave

Re: Re: a small inn in Tokyo?

by manuelEB

In Tokyo to be "apart of the city2 is an oddisey... I do recommned the Kimi Ryokan in Ikebukuro. the price is good the place is good and conveniently located.

Re: Re: a small inn in Tokyo?

by manuelEB

DO NOT FORGET to by the Japan Rail pass. DO NOT FORGET. DO NOT FORGET.

PS: DO NOT FORGET!!!!

Finding Ryokan

by traceylee-ann

Hi, I would like to book our holiday accomodations before we leave Australia. We are wanting to stay in ryokans. Does anybody have any recomendations for making on-line bookings?

by brisbod

We have just returned from Japan and pre-booked a ryokan in the Kiso Valley through Japanese Guesthouses - easy website to navigate and very good service - they answered queries very promptly and we had no problems with the reservation.

by gogonicetrip

You can get some information from the following web-site for Ryokan.

by Luckmui

Staff can speak English. Rooms not big, but tidy and
clean. There are tourist from Germany and France while I stayed last
time

ref: http://www.kimi-ryokan.jp/

5 days in Japan

by NJH

Hi there

I am travelling home to NZ from London at the end of February and have a 5 day stopover in Tokyo.
I am really keen to make my stay as cultural and relaxing as possible. I am thinking of only spending 2 days in Tokyo & the remaining 3 days in Kyoto.
Does anyone have any suggestions of unmissable sights or experiences. Or perhaps, an alternative destination a bit closer to Tokyo than Kyoto?
I would really like to stay at a traditional Ryokan too.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Kind regards,
Nic

Re: 5 days in Japan

by AuTourDuMonde32

Kyoto is amazing
but if you're going that far, you should check out Nara too.

If you're looking for a good cultural/historic spot
closer to Tokyo,go to Kamakura.
It's maybe 45 minutes away,get the train at Shinagawa station.

GREAT temples and Daibutsu,the largest buddha in Japan.

If not,slow living and beautiful nature plus Onsen and Ryokan are in Hakone (near Fuji-san) or in Atami (coastal Izu)....both easily accesable from Tokyo.
If you're going to either,I'd say go to Hakone,
Fuji-san is seen best during the cold months of the year,
so you're at an advantage being there in Febuary.

Kamakura can be an all day trip,without a need to stay overnight,
Atami and Hakone would likely need an overnight to really soak up the vibe.

In Tokyo,Check out Kimi Ryokan , in Ikebukuro.

tanoshi goryoko~!

Re: Re: 5 days in Japan

by NJH

Hi,

These places sound great - & so much closer.
Look forward to checking them out.
Thank you!!