Green Rich Hotel Iwakuni Ekimae

More about Iwakuni

Kintai-KyoKintai-Kyo

kin-tai-kyokin-tai-kyo

Travel Tips for Iwakuni

Please explore the culture...

by Vondell

Please explore the culture here. Do not be afraid to see different things and taste different foods. I have been to several parks, festivals and china factories (do not recall names). My fondest memory of Iwakuni was that I was able to take my son. The people loved to watch him dance. I recall a contest he entered, and he won. We stayed in this country for a total of 2 years. Because of Japan my son and I enjoy Sushi. I miss the people, culture and of course the food.

The truth from my point of view.

by no100player

Well, as your looking at this page in English there's no doubt in my mind you're affiliated with the military and doing a random search.
There is NOTHING in Iwakuni other than a few clubs just down the road from base. Sure there's what every other town/city has in the world i.e movies, restaurants, Mc D's.
Like I said. There's a few bars/night clubs in down that are decent along with all the other 'things' you exect to find in them. As for history, shoot, I'd check out Kintai bridge which is 30 mins drive or travel to Hiroshima on the train. Overal I liked it there, just wish the trains to Hiro (Hiroshima) ran a little later as the clubs there didn't start happening till 2am in which they close @ 6am or so.
The people there are friendly, some of the best in the world but.... They have had to deal with troubles of 'the few and the proud' and that's kinda made them less than happy with people not from there. No worries though, you'll love em as I did. Just speak slowly. They just want to learn the language from you.
Oh, one more thing is watch out for the 'by me drink' joints. $30 an hour plus a womans company may sound good when your drunk but face it, your not gonna get laid and 30 bucks an hour is gonna run out eventually. Just save your hard earned cash for the weekend when you can hit Hiro or other spots further away from Iwakuni.

Comments