Best Eastern Almaty Hotel

85 Kabanbay Batyra Str, Almaty, 480091, Kazakhstan

Good For No Data
  • JimW721's Profile Photo

A Nice, Reasonable Place to Stay!...

I stayed here in May of 2004, and I liked it very much. It is reasonably priced, centrally-located in the city, and has a spectacular view of the Tian Shan mountians from the balcony, which is part of each room that faces the mountains. I was VERY impressed with the beauty of this city, and the sunsets were very memorable against the snow-capped peaks. The people at the front desk were very friendly, helpful, and all spoke adequate English, which is very nice after not hearing it much in other parts of the country where I was! We got BBC World News, so that made me feel at home too. I am from New York, so just hearing the news in English again was a wonderful sound. My Russian is not all that great! So I would recommend this hotel, especially if you are looking for a nice "western"-style place, with a great shower (real water-pressure, which is rather rare over here!), and a wonderful view. The restaurant is also very nice on the second floor. I'd happily stay there again when I return. Kazakhstan is a fascinating country, rich in history and culture. If these kinds of things interest you, as they do me, this is a place well worth exploring. Jim W.

Directions: Across the street from the beautiful, very ornate Opera House.

Comments