Grand Aiser Hotel

Grand Hotel Aiser
Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Almaty

PINTA logo over the entrancePINTA logo over the entrance

DacmapxahDacmapxah

Princess Hanshaiym restaurantPrincess Hanshaiym restaurant

The Old squareThe Old square

How I can travel from Almaty to Shymkent?

by imasaliev

How I can travel from Almaty to Shymkent by bus or minibus? and what's aprox. rates

Re: How I can travel from Almaty to Shymkent?

by Nuclei

Last year I flew from Almaty to Shymkent. It is around 1000km and I strongly suggest you to take a flight. Mine was little interesting as I landed to "grass" with an old Russian style Fokker but now I know there are Boeings operated to land on normal runways.

Travel Tips for Almaty

Medeo

by Klod5

The complex Medeo built in record time - in two years as if it were a fairy palace came into the panorama of the gorge. It is created by remarkable people - by workers, engineers, architects, designers and scientists. Its designers are rewarded with the State prize of the USSR.

In the designing and the constructing of the skating-rink together with the aim providing excellent conditions for school-training work and competitions in speed-skating it was supposed to turn it into a sports base for a mass rest of the working people. The stadium is equipped with all necessary thing for this purpose. For example : the rooms situated under the western stand are meant only for the service of participants of mass skating. There is an enormous entrance - hall on the ground floor where visitors of the skating-rink can rest and warm up. The fame of the first high-altitude skating-rink of our country flew all over the world. It has become one of the main sights of the capital of Kasakhstan. Foreign tourists often come
here. Even people from hot countries express their wish to skate. To skate in summer - what can be more tempting ?!

Don't buy "VITA" brand water

by Wanderboy43

Don't believe me if you choose, but if you buy VITA brand bottled water then you are showing support for the current corrupt president, since this company has close ties with the pres. Ask around - it's what I was told while I was rehydrating, thinking I was doing no harm.

Russian phrase book.

by rsleisk

Most people in Almaty do not speak English so it is best to come prepared with a good Russian phrase book. Part of my excitement when I learned I would be going to Almaty was I was eager to practice my Russian that I had taken in college.

But that was 7 years earlier and I needed a quick and handy refresher so I bought RUSSIAN AT A GLANCE, by Barrons. This is a great asset to your travel to Almaty. There are some great phrases for everyday conversations. It is also great because it comes with a protective plastic cover and is small enough to fit in your pocket.

Chimbulak Skiing Area

by nepalgoods

The Chimbulak Plateau is located about 25 km from Almaty. It is about 2500m high and offers lifts to about 3500m. It is surrounded by beautiful mountains. There are hotels and restaurants. You can rent skiis and snowboards and use a sauna and an indoor swimmingpool. In summer hiking is possible with fantastic views on 5000m high mountains of Alatau.

Nightflight

by Nuclei about Assorti

Very fine night club. Music is underground and progressive from DJ. Cover is 1000 tenge at the weekends. Lots of young locals attend. There are also Sushi and Italian restaurants at the same complex. None

Comments