Garibaldi str. 52, Karaganda, 100000, Kazakhstan

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Karaganda

Location of Karaganda...Location of Karaganda...

Karaganda, Kazakhstan

by FeliciaRose

I hosted a girl in my home this Summer who lives in an orphanage in Karaganda. I'd like to learn more about the conditions there.
Thanks!
Felicia

About My Time In Kazakhstan...

by JSW721

Hi Felicia. I have not spent any time in Karaganda specifically, but I have been in other parts of Kazakhstan, and hope to be marrying a young woman who went to the Karaganda Medical Institute in that city. I sent my time in the cities of Almaty and Taraz. My future wife and her family live in Taraz. I hope to be returning to Taraz very soon to work for an "aid" organization there. They do a lot of work with the local orphanages and they do a lot of wonderful community work of all kinds. I was there for several months last year, and I know the city of Taraz by far the best. The people do not have a lot, but it is the most advanced and "western" country in the region, with the highest standard of living of all the "stan" countries (Uzbeki-STAN, etc). It is not all that difficult to adapt to life in Kazakhstan. There are many of the products that we consider "normal" here in the USA, and the people are very nice, warm, and friendly. It is definitely best to be able to speak at least basic Russian, however. Not many people speak English outside of Almaty, and there are not that many there either! One thing I would definitely like this time around is satellite TV. We had NO English-speaking TV channels while I was there, and that did kind of drive me crazy. But English channels CAN be delivered to your home, and that is something that I want this time. But overall, I can say that Kazakhstan is a very nice country, with BEAUTIFUL mountains and scenery. It is a truly VAST country, with all kinds of amazing natural wonders to be appreciated, from mountains, to deserts, to the vast wide-open "Asian Steppe" up to the northwest. It also has a truly fascinating history as a primary route along the "Ancient Silk Road." It is all worth exploring further, I assure you. I hope this helps some people to further understand and appreciate this beautiful counrty. The history and geography alone are enough to make Kazakhstan a fasciinating country. Jim W.

RE: Karaganda, Kazakhstan

by NGengland

Hi, I lived in Karaganda for 23 years until moving to UK. Concerning the conditions in local orphanages I would imagine them as being undersponsored, lacking in basic stuff like clothes and toys (though food would be okay, as well as medical services). Children are looked after but there is pemanent lack of funding.

RE: Karaganda, Kazakhstan

by weatheredwatcher

I grew up in Karaganda and my parents adopted three children from there before returning to the states after 10 years there. The last post you recieved in right on the money. The orphanges are seriously under funded. The children get the basics (food, clothes, shelter, love) but nothing more (and very little of all that) The workers do the best that they can with what they get, often times going with out salary themselves so that the children can have the things that they need.

Travel Tips for Karaganda

I am searching for a friends...

by sholmes

I am searching for a friends named Svetlana and Lyouba Eryemenko. They lived at this address: Karaganda 9 Balkashkaya 45-2 in 1967. Please help me locate this friend if you know anything about Karaganda. Svetlana worked at Karaganda Polytechic Institute about 1966-1967. My friends Svetlana and Lyouba Eryemenko

Karaganda's black city

by Klod5

Karaganda City (pop. 1995 est. : 574,000), is in central Kazakhstan.
Kazakhstan's second-largest city, it consists of the old town, which grew up haphazardly around more than 20 mining settlements, and the new town with the cultural and administrative center, which includes a university and medical and polytechnic institutes.

Karaganda from Kazakh means, "Black city" it means just it is situated on a gigantic coal hills. People here are nice. We are always glad to host people and want to have more new and faithful friends. We will be happy to host people in the hotels of highest quality and also in families at the restaurants and at families' parties.

Site Meter

KARAGANDA

by edward_culliver

"ARRIVAL"

I arrived in Karaganda late one dark night last March. Karaganda is in the middle of a large treeless plain known to the Kazaks as a 'steppe'. The wind was howling and the temperature was around minus 12 deg C.

Comments