Road No.13 Ban Prabath P.O.Box 718, Pakse, LAO PDR, Laos

Agoda.com Booking.com AMOMA.com

Satisfaction Average

• Lunaina's Profile Photo

Beautiful palace!!

The Champasak Palace Hotel is a beautiful hotel, it looks like a big temple and is already a sight on its own. We had our own suite on the roof, we stayed in this big temple, and it only costs 55 USD per night, of course you find many cheaper places in Pakse, but this was a real nice stay for us after some bad experience during our travels...

• rainbowseeker's Profile Photo

A fantasy palace

I stayed for 7 days in this hotel because I was attracted by it's appearance which is like fantastic white and gold wedding cake. Stay in the original hotel for preference, there is an extension which is faily ordinary by comparison. The hotel was built in 1968 as a palace for the last prince and prime minister of the province . He never took up residence fleeing from the Communist revolution to Paris in 1974. The palace was then used as a venue for Party congresses until a Thai company converted to a hotel in 1995. As befits a royal palace the decor is extravagantly over the top and the views from the room balconies over the River Sedon, the town and the Bolaven Plateau are stunniing. Even if you are not staying in the hotel you will be allowed to wander through this incredidle building and sample the views. Basic room price was $30, a beautiful room but I spoilt myself and upgraded to a $55 VIP room, even more magnificent

Unique Quality: Special features are the unique decor and the wonderful views. I was fortunate to be there at the start of the rainy season when I was treated to the attentions of a personal waiter at most meals. The staff are a joy and eager to talk to you.
    As a lovely example guests are issued with separate breakfast vouchers for each day of their stay. When I queried why I'd only been given one voucher at check in the head receptionist, Nisha, replied that if she gave me them all at once I'd be able to go straight into the dining room for breakfast each morning. Her system she said means that "You'll have to come and talk to me every morning!"

Directions: First building on the right as you cross the River Sedon bridge on the entry to the town from the airport.

• AshleeS's Profile Photo

Palace

We actually did not stay here. We arrived in Pakse late and we were tired. We saw this hotel and thought this would be nice. We went in and I forget how much it cost. We asked to see the room before we paid and they took us through this big beautiful building to the back gardena dn to what looks like the servants quarters. We went into this building and looked at this room which was like a cross between a dorm room for college students and an insane assylum in a hospital. The building was old and all white the rooms had a bed and a shower/washroom. It was okay but we were spoiling ourselves so we decided to ask if they had any other rooms they then took us to the rooms in the big beautiful building and they were nice all wood with white drapes everywhere, those rooms were a bit more expensive then the others we had looked at only moments ago. But they did not have enough accomidations for all of us so we left.

More about Champasak Palace Hotel

Temple Wat Pha Bat

by Lunaina

Next to the Champasak Palace Hotel you will find the temple complex of Wat Pha Bat. As Pakse has not lots to offer it is nice to visit this temple and just walk around on the complex.

What nightlife?

by neamman

I was in Pakse for a week and stayed at the Champasak Palace hotel, a little bit away from the centre. The town seemed to close at 10pm at night even the hotel bar closing up. I couldnt find anywhere that stayed open past then. As I am going back I would be happy if people can give me a hint on a bar etc that stays open at least to midnight!

Champasak Palace hotel in PakseChampasak Palace hotel in Pakse