Maison Dalabua Hotel

Phothisarath Rd, Baan That Luang, Luang Prabang, Laos
Maison Dalabua Hotel
Agoda.com Booking.com Asiatravel.com

More about Luang Prabang

BUS STOPOVER FOR MEAL BREAK TO VANG VIENGBUS STOPOVER FOR MEAL BREAK TO VANG VIENG

Big Brother Mouse, Luang Prabang, Lao.Big Brother Mouse, Luang Prabang, Lao.

Lso barbecue, Saibaidee restaurant, Luang Prabang,Lso barbecue, Saibaidee restaurant, Luang Prabang,

Lao Rice noodles-anytime!Lao Rice noodles-anytime!

VIP BUS fro Vientiane to LP

by haydnesque

Hello guys i need your help. Me and my family (4 of us) are planning to go to LP this mid december.

does anybody know what is the schedule (time) of the VIP bus fro Vientiae to LP and vice versa? How much does it cost these days?

Thank you!

Benjamin

Re: VIP BUS fro Vientiane to LP

by mezoz

There are a few buses. From memory I think there is a VIP at 7am and 9am and then later in the day. It costs about $20usd to Luang Prabang. I know it is $7.00USD to Van Vieng. But you can check the timetable by using google. They have all the timetable and costs published.
Have a good trip
Margarita

Travel Tips for Luang Prabang

Relax

by Hawkette

This is a laid back and very cute little town. Perfect for cafe hopping down the main street. I could have spent weeks here!

Most people who come here end up staying for longer than they intended.

Great Responsibility

by muddybok

Kids in rural area will normally have greater responsibility in taking care of younger siblings. It’s a common sight seeing 3-4 years old girl taking care of months old brothers or sisters.

Some of them even use this to gain sympathy from visitors and cross sell whatever goods that produced by the family. I came across one little girl with her brother on her back getting angry when I took her photos and didn’t buy anything from her.

Beer Lao

by richiecdisc

Beer Lao has taken on somewhat of a cult status in the realm of Asian beer. Ultimately, I have to say I was a bit disappointed with the brew. It was a bit watery and bland but for a warm climate, it surely goes down well. My initial exposure to it was when I snapped this photo and as you can see, I was in love with it. It was hot out and we were walking around for hours. We found a shady café along the Khan River, on Thanon Kingkitsalat, and this stuff was cheaper (9000 Kip or a dollar for a big botte) than Coke. It might not be the best beer in the world, but better than Coke, it surely is. ;)

Pack Light

by richiecdisc

This was the first time we went on a trip with just one backpack. In fact, we used just D’s small women’s pack and it was plenty big enough. It gave us a lot of flexibility when it came to going on local buses and it was less to worry about too. Since I carried it, D loved the idea. lol Bring your hiking boots if you want to do a lot of walking. You can buy some cheap sandals when you are there or bring some with you as warm weather and nothing but heavy boots is not fun. Bring anti-malarials as well as a good repellent though we did not actually take the pills while there. Sometimes the pills are worse then the disease so to speak but make your own decision on that. Bring appropriate medicines for dysentery though you can find cheap ones everywhere as most travelers will need them at some point! Lol Tampons are hard to find. A wide angle lenses is imperative for landscape photography and for getting the whole temple in when you are up close. A zoom is great for faraway temples on hills and also for sneaking shots of locals.

Trekking with Osa (I)

by King_Golo

A trekking tour through the Laotian mountains is a must!!! It was one of my best experiences in Laos in particular and South East Asia in general. If you are in Luang Prabang, a good place to ask for a guided trekking tour is Osa. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the place where he works, but I'll try to describe it as exactly as possible. The place is on Luang Prabang's main street (the street with the night market), if you come from Phu Si hill it's on the left side. Opposite of it, there's an Indian restaurant, and just in front of the door stands a massive wooden table. It' s first of all an internet cafe, but they offer trekking as well. Ask for Osa and he's gonna show you his tour offers. He'll also show you a brochure with opinions from previous trekkers - of course everything is very positive. I was not really convinced by that, but as the tour he presented me sounded great, I chose to go with him. It really was great! Check out the next chapter for a detailed tour description.

Comments