Vansana Vang Vieng District, Ban sysavang, Vang Vieng, Laos

Agoda.com Booking.com Asiatravel.com

Satisfaction Average

• stedeb's Profile Photo

Down by the river

This belongs to a chain of hotels in VV, Phonsovan & Vientiane. We found the rooms to be clean, spacious, good bathroom with huge corner bath and mostly good views of the river.
    The breakfast was okay nothing special and no choice.
    We had lunch by the pool twice but found it to be a little pricey but relatively speaking it probably wasn't.
    Most of the time we were the only people staying in the hotel except for 1 night when a bus load of Asian tourists stayed but as is the norm they were well gone by the time we got up for breakfast.

Unique Quality: Not sure if this is unique or quirky!!! we had rooms next to each other, the bathrooms had louvre windows we could hear everything that was happening in the next bathroom.
    In fact I had a bath as did my friend Lorraine and we lay chatting to each other!!!
    The best thing abou this hotel is were it is situated the view was amazing looking up and down the river was beautiful We watched local kids putting on "dancing" shows(showing off more like!!) for us we watched buffalo wander along and into the river, there were constantly things to see such as the one of the local tour buses taken into the river to be washed down!!
    If I was ever to go back to VV I would spend the extra money and stay in peace and luxury.
    Not that our original budget $US6 room was bad just noisy.

More about Vang Vieng

Tham Chang CaveTham Chang Cave

roti here, roti thereroti here, roti there

Orange GuesthouseOrange Guesthouse

The journey to the caveThe journey to the cave

Motorbikes in Laos

by jimbolta

Hi All,
I am looking to hire a motorbike with some mates and ride from Vang Vieng to Luang Prabang and back.
I was just wondering if there was any info I should know before undertaking such a journey i.e. safety, time, costs etc that might make it not such a wise decision.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
THanks,
James

Re: Motorbikes in Laos

by Freiburg999

Dear to all
i only know that most of people rent the bike from Vientiane drove up to Lpr and back to Vtn ,i didn't see any good place or good bike to rent in Vanvieng but check out one place they might have 2 big dirt bike , the shop is opposite of happy tour. they got Honda Baja

Travel Tips for Vang Vieng

Beautifull butterflies in Vang Vieng!

by li-anne

I've never been in a country with so many beautiful, big coloured butterflies!
I tried to catch them with my camera!

Just enjoy these beautiful and elegant animal during your stay in Laos! The big amount of butterflies, the karst mountain range, the people working on the rice fields,
all of this makes me smile and brings back good memories of Vang Vieng

Washing and splashing in Nam Song River

by li-anne

When we came back from a bicycle ride we saw a whole community taking a daily (or was it a weekly?) bath in the Nam Song river.
I think this is village life, the people over here don't have any showers or washbassins at their home.
There nothing wrong taking a bath in the river.

Tha Heua village

by picek

This is village about 25 km south of VV to Vientiane direction - you can see here that it has lots of fish on display for which is famous for and those fish are popular snack with Lao. Tha Heua is nestled along the main road, between shores of Nam Ngum lake and below the slope with small temple.
Not much to do here unless you come when there's festival by the temple. Accomodation is very basic and there are a few guesthouses right by the lake.
We stayed a night in the village for the festival in temple. Quite interesting - I saw so many men with guns and even children were so crazy about having plastic guns. People came out to dance and listen to the band and play a bit of lottery with baloons which is quite common, and of course to drink. But it was somehow sleepy atmosphere - comparing from what I saw on other village festivals.
Nevertheless, next morning we aked local fisherman to take us on the ride by his small long tail boat: there are lots of small islets with few trees or some completely bare which you can see in dry season but are inundated in rainy seson. Lots of water buffalos and cattle come to graze there. It was one hour ride into quiet world off the shores... normally any fisherman will be willing to take you after you set right prize.

Indian food in vang viang

by yuet29

Although suggestion to eat indian food in vang viang sounds funny, there is a good indian restaurant in vang viang. It is near the market and easily notify.

The owner of the restaurant come from sabah, malaysia and he can speak malay. Who make me ordered too much because we are from the same country- a little bit excited and surprised, and over-budget for my breakfast!

Village Visit

by blacksnail

Following the Guided tour, you will have to walk for about 1 hour to visit the villages... however we can't go into the village, we can just walk pass them..

It is interesting enough to see villagers swim or bath in the muddy drain.. and see old woman carrying a big Tree trunk crossing the drain..

I wish i had brought some gifts for the kids.

Comments