Dansavanh Nam Ngum Hotel

Good For No Data

More about Vientiane

Talat Sao mallTalat Sao mall

Bun That Luang festivalBun That Luang festival

That Luang in Vientiane.That Luang in Vientiane.

ALWAYS CARRY MOSQUITO REPELLANT IN THE TROPICSALWAYS CARRY MOSQUITO REPELLANT IN THE TROPICS

Vientiane to Singapore - flying the cheapest way

by 1W1V

Hi,

I am trying to find a convenient flight from Vte to Sing. Unfortunately, I haven't found much yet.

Seems the low cost between Udon and Sing are no longer in operation.

Anybody has a clue about that and how I would be able to reach Singapore from Vte the easiest/cheapest way possible ?

Thx for you help.

Lorenzo

Re: Vientiane to Singapore - flying the cheapest way

by larasaint

I think there are no flights to Singapore. There are flights to Kuala Lumpur. From there you can take a bus. I think you don't have a lot of choices.
AirAsia flies from Vientiane to Kuala Lumpur. You can also take a night bus from Vientiane to Bankgok and fly from there to Singapore. I took the night bus back to Bangkok and it was pretty good.
Cheers

Re: Vientiane to Singapore - flying the cheapest way

by blacksnail

There are few options:

1. Fly to Kuala Lumpur Malaysia via air asia then
a. FLy to Singapore via Air Asia..
b. Bus to Singapore
c. Fly to Johore Bahru via air asia then take a short bus ride to Singapore

2. Train to Bangkok or Fly to Bangkok
a. then Fly to Singapore from Bangkok

Travel Tips for Vientiane

Booking accomodation in advance

by stedeb

The one place in Laos we had trouble finding accomodation was VN. Yes we could find very budget types but we had budgeted on $US20. We looked at several hotels and guest houses under $US20 and found several that were very dirty one told us yes we have 3 twin rooms and after we let our driver go he then said sorry I only have 2 rooms available(cant remember the name of htel sorry)!!!
The Vayakorn staff gave us the name of 2 hotels to try both within walking distance from them. We also spoke to and saw a lot of back packers arriving daily without accomodation and having the same problems we had.
If I was to visit VN again I would consider booking my accomodation before I went we spent several hours looking for accomodation. We never had this problem in any other place.

Beer Lao

by muddybok

There is only one beer that can be found in Laos, with the exception of a few hotels and expensive restaurants in Vientiane. Beer Lao is one of the best, if not the best beer in Asia - that's what all expatriates say who live in Laos.

TheBeerOrg, Georgia, USA
Straw with fully diminishing head. Mild corn and malt aroma. Sparkling body, tiny bubbles. Dry and astringent. Better than most US pale lagers. Could taste the rice in this one, but it was not bad.

Laos Language

by yuet29

Lao language is about the same as Thai.

For example:
1. Their numbering are the same
2. Sawadeeka in Thai is Sabaidi in lao
3. Kwap Khun (thank you) in Thai is Kwap Jai in Lao
4. Toilet is the same- Hong Nam
5. How much is Thao Rai in Thai but Thao Dai in Lao

A lot os similarity, that's why Laotian can undstand Thai easily. Further more, most of the people in Laos watch Thai movie instead of Lao movie.

You can feel the special replationship between laos and thailand especially near the border, north-eastern thailand. In north-eastern Thailand, many of the residents are origin lao.

Friendly people

by yuet29

Laotian are generally friendly and helpful. I heard this along my way to Laos but proved it myself when I reached Laos.

So just relax and enjoy the slow pace life in Laos. Most people including me love this country and intend to revisit it.

A country surrounding with mountains..

Similar language to Thai

by TheSentinel

The Lao and Thai languages are mutually comprehensible. If you speak Thai you will be able to make yourself understood in Laos. This is also helped by the fact that Lao people are brought up on a diet of Thai TV.

Comments