Mekong Hotel

Luang Prabang Road, Vientiane, Laos
Mekong Hotel
Agoda.com Booking.com

More about Mekong Hotel

Just look for '14', everything else's in LaoJust look for '14', everything else's in Lao

Haw Pha KaewHaw Pha Kaew

Night Market Along Mekong River BankNight Market Along Mekong River Bank

READY FOR YOUR HIRE....READY FOR YOUR HIRE....

clean hotel and a good location and view

by junefer

hi everybody, can anyone recomend us a hotel room in vientene which is clean has a
good view and nice location as well...my husband and i are taking a holiday next week and we are looking for a good place which is not so noisy....and what are the things to do in the city??? tanx a lot in advance oh and one more thing is there anything to see in udon thani? in case we drop by tanx:-)

by thedouglas

Definitely have a look at the pages on VT and other recommendations, but we stayed at the Inter Hotel - fabulous! Views of the Mekong in the front of the hotel, and the gorgeous riverbank restaurant transformation by night. Hotel was very nice - have pics on my not finished page. We were very happy here.

by junefer

tnax a lot, i'll take a look for that

cheers

by ellielou

I've stayed here 3 times.

Lao-family run place, and a wee bit of a walk to the main area by the water, but a lovely place to stay. And, it has a pool and beautiful gardens!

I couldn't deal with staying near the fountain, where all the guesthouses are.

by petwouters

We stayed in the Beau Rivage Mekong hotel and it was fabulous. It's an art hotel run by an Aussie so there's always English available. Great rooms, great service, and a really nice place to stay!

Travel Tips for Vientiane

Laotian

by yuet29

Laotian is just special. I was with my big backpack stepped down from a tuk-tuk walking from street to street to look for a budget GH. This guy riding moto asked if I want to try his GH, US3 a day. I replied, let me look around first? He smiled and said okie.. then left! I am surprised.. as in Vietnam the tout can follow you for a few streets persuading you to go and have a look on his room! This is the 1st impression I have about the kind and humble laotian.

Then I passed in front this hotel with a pretty girl smile on me and wish "sabaidi, you looking for room?". I said yes may I know where can I get a US3 single room? She said they only have US8, but there are more guesthouse up front, I can try my luck there...

wow!!.. I never met this in other places.. sorry no offend, I tend to compare Vietnam with Laos because I just came from there.. under this situation in vietnam, they will tell you.. hey there is no such cheap room here.. my room is the cheapest.. come come...

Visa application Upon Arrival at Vientiane

by myspices

For those countries that need visa to enter into Vientiane, you can apply these at the airport, immediately after enter into Watay International Airport. There is a counter beside the Immigration that caters for these applications. For Malaysians, you do not need a visa to enter into Vientiane. I saw a couple of foreigners who applied upon arrival and their applications were processed in quite a speedy manner.

See attached list for application fees for various countries

A Must in Vientiane (entrance 5000k) That Luang

by l_joo

A Must in Vientiane (entrance 5000k), visitors must pay 5000kips and 2000kips for bicycle parking before you go in. That Luang (Royal Stupa) is the name, it is worth go in with 5000 kips, the shining golden stupa is so beautiful.

Aerobics in the morning

by TheSentinel

The Lao people (and a few tourists) seem to be fitness fanatics. If you get up early and walk down the road by the river at around 6.30-7.30am you'll see people doing vigorous aerobics workouts with music blaring out through speakers (techno-style music)

Also you'll see lots of people jogging, stretching etc all over the place.

Find an umbrella!

by LotusV8

A backpack will do the job. Be prepared, it could be very cold (10 ´C) even in the dry season.
You can buy cheap warm clothes at the morning market - I bought a overall for just 7 $, a pair of trainers will be o.k. The medical care in Laos is not exactly what You can expect, if You get injured or being seriously ill for some reason, it is most likely that You will be transported to Thailand for care.
You can find some medicine in drugshops.
Bring Your own mosquitorepellant.
Dont forget an International Healthcard.
Carry Your own toiletpaper - most of the toilets has no paper Vientiane has a lot of photoshops where you easily can make CD:s for 1 or 2 $, film is available everywhere (2 $ for codac 36 pics).
Vientiane has a lot of Internetcafe´s It´s easy to get $ but it´s better to bring Your own - the exchange rates are not the best. The local currency - kip - is alright and easy to use. You can also use Thai Bath, it´s accepted everywhere.

Comments