Royal Macau Hotel

Tags

Budget Travel Backpacking Family Travel
See Amenities
yes_or_no1234's Profile Photo

Why do with me like this !

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 7, 2012

Dear tourists who looking for hotel in Macau. This is my truth story and i wanna share.

The story is...
On 12/6/12 I booked this hotel by my dad credit card and the check in date is 25/6/12. After finished booking, ***Agoda*** sent me a ""paper"" called "Hotel Voucher" but no receipt. If i need a receipt i have to download myself and i do myself. I booked hotels with Agoda about 6 hotels in 5 countries. I start travel since 16/6/12 til 26/6/12 and I have no problem check in with 5 hotels in 4 countries by showing a paper called "Hotel Vocher" to reservation. Until The last one called " ROYAL HOTEL MACAU ". I got a problem .

At 2 am on the date of 25/6/12, My mum, sister and me arrived Macau ferry terminal and we took a taxi which rarely to find to the hotel. we took time for calling taxi about half an hour. After the taxi sent us to the hotel i walk though to the reservation counter and show him my Hotel Vocher. Stephen ( the name of officer) he asked me for My passport and the credit card which used for the booking. I give him my passport and told him that i dont have credit card that s my dad credit card n i did not bring the card. and then stephen let me see in the voucher, notify that "The guest should bring the credit card. The hotel may ask for the card and if not showing the card the guest may cannot check in" I know that MY FAULT. I did not read it ;( I ask him that What I have to do ? stephen said I should call my dad and let he sent him the copy of his credit card and passport. I said " at this time 2.45 am he sleep already. Stephen said cannot because you did not pay the hotel you pay agoda if u need to check in you have to make a deposite about 500HKD and tomorrow we will refund you when u can contact your dad. I said Can you contact agoda for us ? because your hotel have a contact with agoda. We need to check in now we all are tired. and we have money not enough 500HKD we have just 53 HKD because we just shoping in HK and we did not prepare for this because we did not have any problems check in by this voucher before. we have money n you got my passport and my surname is the same with the card holder. He said Sorry we cannot. I am so angry and try call Agoda. The next problem is my phone is just cannot call out that time, my sister phone has not enough money. so i have to call Agoda by operated coin phone in hotel and its cost about 100 THB (my currency) for nothings the phone is very old and fast eating coin the singal is very weak i heard like a whisper voice and then when I press the number the system is not respond. I came back to see stephen and ask for his service and help but everything is just be as before and then i shout at him " i paid u already on the date of 12/6/12 about 2 weeks ago n I need to check in now !" He still insist like before. I shout to him again " I will not come back to stay this hotel " " I will not come back stay here" and then I am going out to take a taxi to go to the currency exchange. I ask him before I get in the car. i speak english and he dont get what i mean so i said in chinese " Hu Huan Qian" (Means Change money) and he say ok. . He drive me to macau ferry terminal and then i ask him to wait because i will exchange the money first n than come back to pay him. I go inside the terminal no one speak english mostly are taxi drivers and local people around. i walk thu to ticket reservation n he told me that here has no currency exchange. i gotta go to casino. i come back to taxi with angry mood inside my mind but i did not do anything. i just ask him to go to casino where has a currency exchange. i took about 10 minutes to communicate with taxi driver n finally he bring me to the currency exchange counter which located in somewhere casino. the rate is very expensive ;( After finished exchange the money. he sent me back to the hotel n he ask for extra taxi fare about 30 HKD I say no why should i have to pay for extra. i called porter the porter talk with the taxi driver and then told me actually you not have to pay for extra but i dont know what you talked with him. I said I talk nothing just bring me to exchange the money just that. i still insist no pay for extra fare. and finally the taxi driver is easily ok with that. I went back to the hotel and then check in at 3.45 am. My mum and my sister sleep in the lobby with angry mood before going up to the room.

after I came back to my country I called to Agoda and they compensate me only 10$ which cannot compensate the invaluable feeling of me and my family from " services of Agoda and Royal Hotel ".

I know it's my fault that did not read all condition THIS IS MY FAULT.
But do the ROYAL MACAU HOTEL and AGODA assist or service me in the way that can let me check in conveniently The answer is " NO ! "

THE TRUTH IS I ALREADY PAID.

AND THIS IS WHAT AGODA AND ROYAL MACAU HOTEL DO WITH TINY GUESTS LIKE US WHO HAVE MONEY TO PAY AND ALREADY PAID FOR BAD SERVICES

AGODA ALSO NEEDS TO SCREENS MY TRUTH REVIEW BEFORE POST ON THEIR WEBSITES. WHAT THE *** IF THEIR REVIEWS BASED ON THE TRUTH WHAT THEY AFRAID FOR ??????? IS THIS MEAN THEY MAKE IT ? Post good reviews for good businesses ? ? ? ?

I am done with Online Booking Agency ! AND this is their service. No more agency ! I pay hotel myself !

Nearby Royal Macau Hotel

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Ilha de Macau Travel Forum

Need advice about Ilha de Macau, Macao? Visit the Travel Forum for Ilha de Macau and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Ilha de Macau hotel reviews

Off The Beaten Path
Statue Of Kun Iam
Glance Within A-MA Temple
Off The Beaten Path
Not much time needed here
Favorites