Estrada da Baia de N. Senhora da Esperanca, s/n, , Macau, Macau Region, China

The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel
Orbitz.com Agoda.com amextravel.com

Costs 76% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• JHarris88's Profile Photo

Venetian. Nice but over the top.

Last year we spent two nights at the Venetian as the Wynn was booked solid.

Suffice to say, it was a nice hotel with good sized rooms and excellent service.

The decor is gaudy and over the top, but if you like staying in a place that looks like its been put together by Liberache, then the Venetian is for you...

If you're forking out the dosh, then consider getting a Piaza level room which gives you access to the VIP lobby.

Beats waiting for a taxis at the main entrances which can be a mission at the best of times.

Plus the Piaza lobby bar is a cut above.

Unique Quality: It's huge. Silly huge. It has it's own 'golf course' which is more like mini-putt but there's a proper golf club just down the road.

- Irish sports bar so you can catch up with the footy or Formula 1.

- Loads of restaurants to suit most appetites.

- Lots of shopping and great for conferences.

- Gaia show is there and across the road is the Glaxay and City of Dreams: Crown Casino / Grand Hyatt.

- A stones throw away form the Macau international Airport.

• screamcheese's Profile Photo

Live like a queen!

WONDERFUL and very relaxing!

I feel that we really got our money's worth! The room was very spacious and cozy! Loved their bathroom too!!!

Oh and when you're bored, check out their food court + stores all around the hotel.

Unique Quality: Even if Taipa is a bit far from Macau proper, this hotel really takes good care of their guests. Just like the other well-known hotels, Venetian also offers free rides to Sands (from here you can take a cab to other tourist spots in Macau).

More about Venetian Macao Resort Hotel

Gambling Trip

by bojomacaraig

Casinos in Macau are as varied as their visitors. Whether you’re after a stylish six-star gaming experience like Crown Macau, or a family-centric Venice-themed casino affair like The Venetian Macao, or something more Asian like the Grand Lisboa, rest assured that there is a casino in Macau to suit your needs.

From the rowdy to the refined, to the subdued to the lavish, each casino may be different in design, but all offer exciting gaming floors and meet world-class gaming standards. With over 25 casinos, and the number set to double in the coming years, visitors to Macau have every excuse to return regularly. It’s no wonder that the gaming revenue in Macau has already surpassed that of Las Vegas to become the highest in the world.

hardware ok but service is really not up to par at all

by TripAdvisor Member yammi

Agree with a lot of the previous reviews, service is only at best 3 stars. We had a Rialto room, which is the bigger type and well worth the extra money. Spacious bathroom, reminds me of peninsula bangkok, only bigger and nicer. Of course, if the venetian would also put a tv at the bathtub, then it would top it. The room was just the right size with good fixtures. that's about all that's good about the venetian macau. here are some bads:

1) like many others noted, rooms are not ready at check in time. we got ours at 4:30pm but we had to keep going to the check in to check whether it's ready as the front desk you are supposed to call NEVER pick up.

2) one major problem we had was the hygiene of the place. We got quite a bit of bits in bed and we are pretty sure it's not mosquitoes, whatever it might be. Housekeeping is definitely not doing it's job.

3) we ordered in suite breakfast and it actually tasted very nice. except that the coffee was lukewarm and they forgot the juice and when we called and asked for it, they said they had to check...

4) pool food was horrible, don't even bother.

5) mall doesn't have most of the fancy labels but of course that's only my personal expectations.

6) the time we were there, no entertainment was available.

all in all, although most staff we came across were really friendly and tried to help and english was not a problem. the housekeeping is really disappointing (delay and cleaniness). if they don't do something about their housekeeping team, i don't think they will get any good reviews at all...

Wow, what a place.

by TripAdvisor Member virtual_tourist_uk

I have just returned from a 2 night stay at the Venetian Macau. It was booked to break up the long flight from Sydney to London. I was travelling with my wife and two children aged 12 and 10.
We arrived at Macau at 9pm after a white knuckle ride on the Turbo Jet boat from Hong Kong Island.
The hotel provides a courtesy bus from Macau Ferry Terminal. The bus is brand new with leather seats, mood lighting, and on our way to the hotel a Venetian Hotel promotional DVD was playing.
We checked in at 9:30pm, check in was smooth, however there wasn't a bell boy to help with our luggage, however the receptionist was more than happy to help, my suit case was about the same size as she was. Due to the size of the hotel you are given a map which does come in useful.
Our room was on the 30th floor and was very nice, 2 double beds, and a seperate lounge. There was an LCD TV in the bedroom and a second TV in the lounge. There is WiFi connection and it is free!!
The hotel is huge, there are many very nice restaurants including The Blue Frog Grill and Cafe Deco where you can charge the bill to your hotel room. The Grand Canal and Shops are very impressive, gondola rides are available inclusive of a serenade.
There are still a number of shops to open, however there are more than enough to spend your time and cash in.
Hong Kong Dollars and the local currency 'MOP' are used. There is a food court selling just about everything, burgers, sushi, chinese etc.
There are 3 swimming pools open, with a further 2 to be completed, including a wave pool.
All in all the hotel is an experience, the children loved it. It is very clean, there is still the smell of new carpets. The hotel staff are very helpful and can't do enough for you, nothing is too much trouble.
On a semi-negative side, there is till building work going on, and lying by the pool is a bit noisy, however if you are prepared for it its not too bad. If you are travelling with children you ought to bare in mind that the hotel is geared up for the Casino. Unlike the USA where a path is sometimes made through the casino for a family with children to follow this is not the case at the Venetian. Therefore you always have to go around it.

Great resort - Service still leaves a lot to be desired

by TripAdvisor Member wongard

After reading a number of other reviews on this site about the Venetian Macao - and still being there and still having problems I thought I would say my bit on the place too.

The hotel is absolutely incredible - I decided to spoil my children with a 4 day break to the hotels 3 days initially (then off to Hong Kong Disneyland) then back for one more day.

Now, like I said, the hotel is magnificent - even with the construction works still going on - it really doesn't disturb your sense of being in a magnificent 5 star resort (except the noise when at the pool).

But there are a number of issues with the service at this hotel - most I would hope should be fixed with time, but here is a list of the issues we have found:

My son went missing on the way back from the pool - Now this in itself probably wouldn't be too much of an issue except the place is massive and you can't really look for him yourself - but after trying to by looking in all possible places I finally called security services - via the concierge. Initial response PATHETIC. "I shall send a security officer to see you in about 20 minutes sir." imagine my response - No you shall make sure they come now - my boy is missing after getting in a lift and not making it to his room, he may have been abducted." The security guard wasn't much better - I shall let the House services and maintenance staff know by the radio and if we see him we will let you know" My response - "Mate this is a new hotel - you have video cameras everywhere why is it you haven't already got in contact with your camera room to arrange looking for my boy?" We finally found him after an hour - he had walked past at least a dozen security guards let alone all the house serivces staff in this time and not one had stopped him and contacted the radio that they had found him.

Like other reviews I have read you contact the Guest services to arrange for other items in your room like an adapter, for the TV to be repaired etc and nothing happens - sometimes it does other.... you're left waiting. In the first 3day stay we moved room 3 times - first time the inhouse movies didn't work on the tv so they moved us on the second day after not being able to fix it. (this took 3 phone calls) They moved us to another room on the same floor - after specifically requesting non smoking they moved us to one that had obviously had a cigar smoker in it (This begs a question: if it is a non smoking bedroom why supply an ashtray and matches?) The third room ended up being fine, except the in room safe wasn't working. But after another phone call to guest services and a very difficult phone call trying to explain what an inroom safe was and why i need someone to come and unlock it.

A concierge is meant to be able to advise you of the places to see and things to do - so why is it when you ask where are the good markets and shopping areas they have no idea?

I was expecting a delivery at the hotel - I actually checked with the hotel (throough the travel agent) prior to arrnaging the delivery. It was fine or so I was told to arrange the delivery for the day I was to arrive - it didn't arrive. I was contacted via email that night to say that the hotel had refused to accept the item. I contacted guest services again they said - after checking with their duty manager that it would be fine. Again the package was attempted to be delivered and again they were turned away - a coniving delivery guy tried the other hotel lobby and was also turned away. So again after another email abotu the package not being able to be delivered I spoke with guest services, who put me on to the front desk who put me on to luggage services who put m back to the front desk, who went to find someone who could speak english to actually sort out what I was saying, and they finally checked with teh duty manager to agree that yes - even though I was now having to check out the next day that the package could be delivered and would be held for me for when i returned in 3 days time. Guess what - another email saying ti couldn't be delivered - a quick email back and they tried again and finally delivered the item - maybe. When I checked back in - front desk has no record of the delivery - Oh and luggage services is having trouble finding the bag i left with them for 2 days - cause i haad lost the luggage tag (Question: Wouldn't it pay to have the name recorded in the computer system and not jus tthe luggage tag number?) Anyhow I got up to the room and was about to send an email when I noticed that I ahd a message waiting. So I contacted Guest Services to get the message - guy on the phone doesn't speak clear english but gets his message across that there is no message for me. But he will go check with Luggage services to see why my bags haven't go tot he room yet - well While waiting for him I get another call - From Luggage services "I have a package for you sir - didn't you get our message? Yes I was beginning to pull out my hair. So I finally got my bags - took 35 min for them to arrive from the lobby. and my package also.

Went out with my kids into Macao - please if you don't understand and talk chinese get some advise from someone who does and get in writing where you want to go because most of the drivers we had do not speak english and 3 couldn't even read the tourist maps (which are in chinese and english - as well as being a street map) and they still couldn't get us where we wanted to go. Anyhjow on the way back from Macao the taxi driver was nice enough to drop us off at an entrance we had never been through - great looked flash walked in the front door and security stopped us. "Where is you pass?" Showed them my room pass - no problem sir you need to go back that way turn left and in through the southern lobby. Ok no problem I thought - but no not as easy as next left there is the lobby - this guy wanted us to walk all the way back out to the street, up to the next street corner and in through the bus bay to get to the lobby. Now I accept we showed up at the wrong entrance - but when you are spending $300 a night on accomodation I don't think you should be shown the street. Thye could have at least had thedecency to say sorry sir this is the wrong entrance you are not normally allowed through this way but if you follow me I shall take you to the western lobby which is you normal place of entry.

Well there are plenty of other stories I could tell you in just the short 3 and a half days we have been here, but you have probably stopped reading by now anyhow.

But I will say that the staff do go out of there way to help in some areas - really it is almost overserviced in the food and beverage areas - people tryign to take the plate out from under you at your last mouthful. and I am sure the Hotel will get it right with training of staff - but I think it will take a while.

Pre-stay expectation management needed

by TripAdvisor Member esben

It's actually hard to review this "hotel", as it is so much more than only a hotel. Anyway, here's my attempt:

1) The casino: Probably very good. I don't gamble at all, so all I see is a lot of people that are addicted to gambling instead of - or actually in addition to - smoking and/or drinking. But besides that, I believe it looks good. The stage at the bar in the casino area offered pretty good live music in the evening.

2) The convention centre: Huge, large, enourmous etc. Bring a map, as all corridors look more or less the same. Thick carpets and at times thick air, too, in this section. All in all like any other such place, just bigger.

3) The hotel: Rooms are five star. Really. The beds are very nice, which is not a matter of course in Asia, and the size of the rooms is just perfect. However, the internet connection sucks. Due to a seemingly massive firewall, you're not able to use secure connections or whatever it's called. To put it short: My corporate e-mail didn't work. Want to get a few shirts ironed? Forget it. It will take you more than 24 hours(!). Need a car? Call me if you're able to find the right person who can handle your request. It seems to me that whatever question you have, the initial response is to point at someone else, who points at another one, and so on. 5 star hotel?

Also, I would expect a better breakfast. When I was there, the restaurant served sliced cheese from the day before = sweaty and hard like stone. 5 star hotel?

Interestingly enough, the hotel has thick ropes to mark the queue lines in front of the check in or check out desks. Make sure you line up in the correct queue... Expect to wait for a long time, especially around check out time (11am). My colleague arrive together with a group, and he queued for almost two hours. When I checked out myself, I spent almost 20 minutes - even though there was almost no line. 5 star hotel?

The spa is not ready yet (temporarily location now), so I won't tell any bad stories about that now. A 60 minute Swedish massage costs around 800MOP (100 USD)!

All in all: A five star hotel room surrounded by a three star staff and service level. And I am unfortunately not joking. Going back for a conference in November - will be interesting to see if they have improved by then.

[Bad pics - only had my mobile phone]

Buyer Beware

by TripAdvisor Member AustraliaDinkydi

Do not go here thinking you are going to get a 5 star experience or a taste of Vegas,despite the marketing Not a single thing apart from the facade of the building was like it.
No fun, no atmosphere, no vending machines, no dance floor, no club, very little seating,entertainment an amatuerish joke. I have seen better down town Vegas in the crapiest casino.
As much free milk and water as you can drink. What a hoot.Overpriced food and drink in the limited bar areas.
Rooms still being cleaned at 7pm. Broken fixtures everywhere. One public toilet area in the mens section didn't have a single tap that worked.
Rude and obnoxious people who dont know the meaning of good hygene or having fun. We even got shushed by security when we had one of the extremely small wins on a slot machine.( surely there are no min payout rules in this country) Food courts that cater amost exclusively to Asian tastes and are open limited hours. A concierge desk that gives misinformation or stares at you with total bewilderment.Constant battles with language constraints everywhere fom the checkin desk to the casino floor and everywhere in between. Las vegas No way Los Diablos maybe. I dont think we will recover untill we make it back to Las vegas again

Good stay

by TripAdvisor Member Frenchtraveller05

Check-in was reasonably quick.
We used express check-out service (meaning the hotel will mail us their bill after). So, check-out was fast as well.
Food at buffet was ample and fresh. Please note buffet has mainly Asian food.
The gondola ride was expensive but worth trying.
Room was huge and clean.
Breakfast at Cafe Deco was average.

Big, bold, and fun (and a quite a hike to get to one's room)

by TripAdvisor Member tulipjones

I had second thoughts about staying here after reading all of the negative reviews, but I had a very good stay and would come back again. I have stayed at the Venetian in Vegas as well, but liked this one better. I thought the rooms were very well lit and put together. The view, however, for the most part is that of the construction of other hotes.

The staff was very friendly, but housekeeping calls sometimes were bumbled up (they brought water but forgot the ice) or answered twice (I asked for a adapter and received two within 10 minutes of eachother). Neither the check in or check out lines were long at all. I also appreciated the free buses to the airport and other parts of Macao.

I only had breakfast here, and the room service continental breakfast turned out to be a much better bargain, food and portion wise, than going to the Starbucks downstairs. The food, however, did take about 45 minutes to arrive, something they did warn me about when I ordered. Most of the food menus on this property are geared towards Asian travellers, with the food court being nearly 90% Asian favorites.

As for the other parts of the hotel, not all of the pools were finished yet, and the gym was in a temporary place as many parts of the hotel are not finished yet. Security doesn't seem to demand to see a key before you enter the elevators, unlike the Venetian in Vegas, and I am not sure if single women would feel as safe here as in other hotels.

The gambling hall is large and if you stay there for more than 15 minutes, your clothes are guranteed to smell like smoke. Some of the fellow gamers haven't taken Gambling Manners 101, so expect to sometimes be nudged or crowded in at the tables, as well as healthy doses of body odor and bad breath.

The shopping hall is huge and the stores decidedly more upscale than the Venetian in Vegas. Going through the mall, or just getting to your room from the front door, can sometimes seem like quite a hike in the second biggest building in the world, so bring some good walking shoes.

I think the bottom line is just don't expect Mandarin/Peninsula service (and don't stay here unless you are getting some sort of nice discount--why pay hundreds a night for a room with a view of construction or room service that takes 45 minutes?). Reading the reviews and staying there, it seems their biggest crime was advertising themselves as totally ready and on a par with the world's greatest hotels, when that isn't always the case yet.

MACAU

by janbonivic

"With mixed culture..."

This is my very first out of the country travel (got to use my passport at last!) and for me, MACAU is a the perfect out of the country destination for Filipino first timers...

The place is very TOURIST FRIENDLY!

And there are so many fellow Filipinos working out there so you really will feel AT HOME...

"A UNESCO Site..."

There are 25 locations included in the Historic Centre of Macau but we only got to see below sights:

- Leal Senado Building
- Senado Square
- Holy House of Mercy
- Cathedral
- St. Dominic's Church
- Ruins of St. Paul
- Mount Fortress
- we were supposed to go up to Guia Hill via a Cable car but it was closed since it was a Monday! =(

"Asia's Casino Capital..."

Never miss these casinos (for sight seeing purposes):
- Wynn (there's a fountain and prosperity show every night)
- MGM Grand
- Grand Lisboa (really GRAND inside)
- Venetian Macau
- City of Dreams (free dragon show)

And you might try having your luck in any game like the slot machine!

In Venetian, MacauIn Venetian, Macau

Venetian Macau Resort Hoel

by Yob

Is anyone familiar of this Hotel? Is this also a retail shop? I need your help. I want to know if this is already open and can we visit the place even without having a hotel booking? Thanks.

RE: Venetian Macau Resort Hoel

by ANNE930

The resort is still under construction and should be opened later this year. Yes, it is said to have a very large shopping mall and I believe that you are most welcome to visit there even if you have no booking.

RE: RE: Venetian Macau Resort Hoel