Macao Hotels

Our Members Say

• Juds profile photo Juds
  • Reviews: 22

Auguster's Sweet House: Budget Guest House

The guest house was located on the 3rd floor and for our group carrying heavy luggages of clothes that were good for 8 days, and several kilograms of publications, it was a painstaking climb. Despite the very cold temperature of the evening, we all reached our room perspiring profusely. The guesthouse was small but clean. It was full when we arrived and my reservation wsa only for 4 so our 5th companion had to sleep in a folding bed in our room. The room has 2 double decks.

The guest house is centrally located and walking distance to many attractions such as the Senado Square. If you're really on a budget, this would be a good place to stay at. Rate per person per bed is HK$80.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written January 17, 2006

• Travelgenic profile photo Travelgenic
  • Reviews: 2

Hard Rock Hotel - Macau: Hard Rock Hotel - Best Swimming Pool in Macau

Hard Rock Macau, one of the hotels of City of Dreams, certainly lived up to expectations on our last trip to Macau in 2010. Decorations from the moment we arrived at the lobby to the walkways leading to our rooms makes the whole experience unforgettable. Rooms are uniquely designed with full compliments of bathroom amenities.

Designed like the pool area is by a beach, this is a place worth checking out even if you are not staying in the hotel. Non hotel guests are also allowed to use the swimming pool facilities with an entrance fee.

Being the very new hotel it was my wife and myself were pleasantly surprised that we were the only guests using the beautifully crafted swimming pools. Of course the weather plays a part as we visited in January known to be the coolest season for Macau. All the coolness were dispelled once we dipped our tired bodies into the warm water Jacuzzi.

We are already looking forward to our next visit to Macau and Hard Rock Hotel is already one of the hotels in our itinerary.

Great swimming pool facilities.

Fantastic view of the neigbouring hotels especially in the night.

Walking distance to the famous Venetian Macau

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Casino and Gambling, Spa and Resort, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written January 15, 2012

• Jello_B profile photo Jello_B
  • Reviews: 9

Hotel Sintra: Nice!

A very good hotel, for an ok price!

We paid 575 HK$ a night for a realy good hotel. In my opinion it was definetly worth it. I like to stay in clean, good hotels while i'm traveling, even though i am an student.

Size and Price! And the buffet was lovely. Finaly some good meat.

• Written November 20, 2006
Tip Photo

View from my hotel room..

• chuck_taylor profile photo chuck_taylor
  • Reviews: 9

Hotel Victoria: Macau Accomodation

I was a bit wary about making online reservation via Asiatravel.com, and ha dintially thought I would have a hard time finding my hotel. But it turns out this hotel is really worth the price (less than $150 for 2 nights) and the rest room was surprisingly very clean. They will ask you to pay outright before checking in, and be warned that they don't speak English that well. I tried calling room service asking for a spoon and fork so I can eat my cup noodles which ended up in a 10 minute conversation that ended with nothing.

- Very clean restroom
- No closet, just an open clothes hanger
- Complimentary fruit plate upon arrival
- The wall are very thin so good luck if you have noisy mainlander neighbors. But if you're used to sleeping with loud noises like me, then it shouldn't be a problem.

• Written December 27, 2007

Clean beddings

• oritperi profile photo oritperi
  • Reviews: 44

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

venetian macau: venetian macau one of the best hotels

Amazing luxury hotel and casino beautiful decorated suites lots of shops and restaurants gondola ride with opera singers (funny to hear Chinese fellows when singing Italian opera)

Great fitness room

Even nicer than the Venetian las Vegas

• Written April 14, 2010
Tip Photo

• eXtian profile photo eXtian
  • Reviews: 22

Auguster's Lodge: Tight Budget Hostel

The place was ok, but our stay there wasn't all that pleasant, The owners were super cool... Richard and his wife were very friendly and we loved talking to them, but there was this woman that ruined our stay, First, We got lost, well I'm usually great when it comes to reading maps, but our printer got jammed and we decided to just copy the map online, so we had difficulties reading it... we called Richard and he had this woman pick us up... She wasn't friendly and it seems that she felt that we were too stupid not to have understood the map., and she was going on and on that we should have printed the map from their site... well, ok.. ok we get it... I was there all excited and amped up to be in Macau and there she was ruining the moment, yet I wanted to be the bigger person and just ignored her... when we got to our room I asked her if she could provide us a map showing the Direction to get to Augusters, She gave us a Map of Macau... which was all good (except that we got tons of it when we visited Macau's tourist Office at the airport) I was actually asking for the map they had online.

And there was also some instances wherein I felt like they treated us like kids... when we went out and they would notice we had forgotten to turn the light off (which was just this tiny bulb), they would immediately bring this to our attention - but aren't we paying? and aren't we entitled to decide wether we want to leave the light on or not? Ok I know we should conserve energy but they should just put a disclaimer on the door (Like in other Hotels) but we should still be entitled to waste energy if we wanted to haha... Com'on we paid HK$200 and we were just able to use the room for less than 10 hours since we came in Late and checked out early,

The room was clean, it was real small, it had a double decker bed, a table, a chair, an electric fan and a room cooler (which you can only use if you plan to go to sleep). The Toilet and bath rooms were pretty small, since you're sharing it, it somewhat deprives you of any privacy.

I would still recommend the place if you're on a tight budget and the location was great, but would hope that you not encounter that woman (she might have just been havin' a bad day then, but that doesn't excuse her for ruinin' our stay).

Rating out of 5: ROOM ->1.5 SERVICE ->2 VALUE ->2.5 LOCATION ->5

The owners were a delight! and the Location...Great!

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written April 23, 2008

• sam77g77 profile photo sam77g77
  • Reviews: 3

Venetian Macau: Macau Hotels

Venetian Macau hotel is great and it looks much better than in Vegas!

its one of the best hotels in Macau.

You can read about it at http://www.MacaoCenter.com

Vegas Style

• Related to: Luxury Travel, Casino and Gambling, Spa and Resort
  • Written July 7, 2008

• sam77g77 profile photo sam77g77
  • Reviews: 3

Venetian Macau: Macau Hotels

Venetian Macau hotel is great and it looks much better than in Vegas!

its one of the best hotels in Macau.

You can read about it at http://www.MacaoCenter.com

Vegas Style

• Related to: Spa and Resort, Luxury Travel, Casino and Gambling
  • Written July 7, 2008
Tip Photo

• jopetsy profile photo jopetsy
  • Reviews: 47

Holiday Inn: Cheap Hotel In A Prime Location

I stayed at Holiday Inn for only 1 night, the hotel was quite okay except that it's old already. I think it needs some renovation especially the rooms wherein you still see the old fashion holiday inn hotels, examples would be the bedside buttons and lampshade switches. For the location, I guess this would be recommended if you're looking for a budget hotel in the center of prime locations. Wynn, Star World, Sands is just a short walk away.

Sorry, did not find one. maybe the poor elevator system is unique. You have to wait for so long before you can get up your room.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Casino and Gambling
  • Written November 19, 2007

• TRimer profile photo TRimer
  • Reviews: 955

Lisboa: A Landmark Hotel

One of the things I remember as a child visiting Macao is that we were allowed to walk through the casino. I had never been to a casino before. I remember Macao as being very dark and dreary- a dirtier version of Hong Kong. But the hotel, I remember it as exciting. The decor is supposedly a combination of Chinese and Portugese influences. The hotel has over 1,000 guest rooms that they refurbish every 5-6 years.

• Related to: Casino and Gambling
  • Written July 30, 2007

• yvonnelks profile photo yvonnelks
  • Reviews: 10

Auguster's Lodge: Budget stay in Macao

Friendly owner who gave us lots of tips on travelling around Macao. He even suggested us the best casino not to miss. Shared bathroom and you'll need to wait a bit if the queue is long. Good location as you can either walk or take a bus down. Near to Ruins de St. Paul Cathedral area. However, we had a bit difficulties looking for the sign board to the hostel as taxi drivers from the ferry terminal doesn't know about the hostel.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written March 25, 2008

• Blimunda profile photo Blimunda
  • Reviews: 6

Hotel Ritz: A very nice hotel

In theory is a 5 star hotel bur in my opinion it is not true. It´s a very nice hotel but NOT a 5 star hotel. Nice room, small interior swimming pool, nice people working there, not so very good breakfast (it has a lot of things for a chinese taste but not for an european; for example they don´t have cheese and good bread). The neibhourhood is very nice. Very beautiful hill.

• Related to: Business Travel
  • Written April 16, 2005

• yes_or_no1234 profile photo yes_or_no1234
  • Reviews: 2

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Royal macau hotel: Why do with me like this !

Dear tourists who looking for hotel in Macau. This is my truth story and i wanna share.

The story is...
On 12/6/12 I booked this hotel by my dad credit card and the check in date is 25/6/12. After finished booking, ***Agoda*** sent me a ""paper"" called "Hotel Voucher" but no receipt. If i need a receipt i have to download myself and i do myself. I booked hotels with Agoda about 6 hotels in 5 countries. I start travel since 16/6/12 til 26/6/12 and I have no problem check in with 5 hotels in 4 countries by showing a paper called "Hotel Vocher" to reservation. Until The last one called " ROYAL HOTEL MACAU ". I got a problem .

At 2 am on the date of 25/6/12, My mum, sister and me arrived Macau ferry terminal and we took a taxi which rarely to find to the hotel. we took time for calling taxi about half an hour. After the taxi sent us to the hotel i walk though to the reservation counter and show him my Hotel Vocher. Stephen ( the name of officer) he asked me for My passport and the credit card which used for the booking. I give him my passport and told him that i dont have credit card that s my dad credit card n i did not bring the card. and then stephen let me see in the voucher, notify that "The guest should bring the credit card. The hotel may ask for the card and if not showing the card the guest may cannot check in" I know that MY FAULT. I did not read it ;( I ask him that What I have to do ? stephen said I should call my dad and let he sent him the copy of his credit card and passport. I said " at this time 2.45 am he sleep already. Stephen said cannot because you did not pay the hotel you pay agoda if u need to check in you have to make a deposite about 500HKD and tomorrow we will refund you when u can contact your dad. I said Can you contact agoda for us ? because your hotel have a contact with agoda. We need to check in now we all are tired. and we have money not enough 500HKD we have just 53 HKD because we just shoping in HK and we did not prepare for this because we did not have any problems check in by this voucher before. we have money n you got my passport and my surname is the same with the card holder. He said Sorry we cannot. I am so angry and try call Agoda. The next problem is my phone is just cannot call out that time, my sister phone has not enough money. so i have to call Agoda by operated coin phone in hotel and its cost about 100 THB (my currency) for nothings the phone is very old and fast eating coin the singal is very weak i heard like a whisper voice and then when I press the number the system is not respond. I came back to see stephen and ask for his service and help but everything is just be as before and then i shout at him " i paid u already on the date of 12/6/12 about 2 weeks ago n I need to check in now !" He still insist like before. I shout to him again " I will not come back to stay this hotel " " I will not come back stay here" and then I am going out to take a taxi to go to the currency exchange. I ask him before I get in the car. i speak english and he dont get what i mean so i said in chinese " Hu Huan Qian" (Means Change money) and he say ok. . He drive me to macau ferry terminal and then i ask him to wait because i will exchange the money first n than come back to pay him. I go inside the terminal no one speak english mostly are taxi drivers and local people around. i walk thu to ticket reservation n he told me that here has no currency exchange. i gotta go to casino. i come back to taxi with angry mood inside my mind but i did not do anything. i just ask him to go to casino where has a currency exchange. i took about 10 minutes to communicate with taxi driver n finally he bring me to the currency exchange counter which located in somewhere casino. the rate is very expensive ;( After finished exchange the money. he sent me back to the hotel n he ask for extra taxi fare about 30 HKD I say no why should i have to pay for extra. i called porter the porter talk with the taxi driver and then told me actually you not have to pay for extra but i dont know what you talked with him. I said I talk nothing just bring me to exchange the money just that. i still insist no pay for extra fare. and finally the taxi driver is easily ok with that. I went back to the hotel and then check in at 3.45 am. My mum and my sister sleep in the lobby with angry mood before going up to the room.

after I came back to my country I called to Agoda and they compensate me only 10$ which cannot compensate the invaluable feeling of me and my family from " services of Agoda and Royal Hotel ".

I know it's my fault that did not read all condition THIS IS MY FAULT.
But do the ROYAL MACAU HOTEL and AGODA assist or service me in the way that can let me check in conveniently The answer is " NO ! "

THE TRUTH IS I ALREADY PAID.

AND THIS IS WHAT AGODA AND ROYAL MACAU HOTEL DO WITH TINY GUESTS LIKE US WHO HAVE MONEY TO PAY AND ALREADY PAID FOR BAD SERVICES

AGODA ALSO NEEDS TO SCREENS MY TRUTH REVIEW BEFORE POST ON THEIR WEBSITES. WHAT THE *** IF THEIR REVIEWS BASED ON THE TRUTH WHAT THEY AFRAID FOR ??????? IS THIS MEAN THEY MAKE IT ? Post good reviews for good businesses ? ? ? ?

I am done with Online Booking Agency ! AND this is their service. No more agency ! I pay hotel myself !

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel, Backpacking
  • Written July 7, 2012

• HebaM profile photo HebaM
  • Reviews: 125

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Augusters Lodge: One Night in Augusters

A travel buddy told me about that hostel she was staying there and that's the reason why I checked into to meet her !

First of all it took me ages to find the hostel! There was no sign the sign was inside the building!!!

The neighborhood wasn't bad in fact the location was good but the building wasn't, old and dirty with no lift or any kind of maintenance, the hostel was in the 3rd floor, it was raining that day so the rain was leaking inside the building and the entire floor was drowning so they had to replace bricks so we can wake all over it! It was disgusting as the floor was dirty and with the rain it feels like walking in a sewage :(

The hostel is very tiny but clean one bathroom and two rooms one private and the other a dorm the dorm room consist of 3 bunk beds, air condition and a fan there was free wireless Internet! the receptionist Rachel was nice.

Anyway, They charged me 124 HKD per night for a bed in a dorm and 50 HKD as a deposit which I found quite expensive for a place like that but maybe it was my fault 'cause I didn't booked online! The bed wasn't comfy and the pillow was suitable for a kid not an adult , it was very cold at night that I had to use the extra 2 blankets in the empty beds and when I wake up I found a note on my bed saying that I have to pay extra 150HKD for using the extra 2 blanket it was my first time in a hostel so I didn't know that so again it was my fault :(

bottom of the line this hostel is good for only couple of nights and for those who is only looking for a place to sleep don't expect much

location

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking, Singles
  • Written August 18, 2012
Tip Photo

• elle_beauty profile photo elle_beauty
  • Reviews: 4

Hotel Lisboa: The Famous Hotel Lisboa

This hotel was chosen by our company to be my accomodation in my 3days incentive trip to macau. It was an incentive trip therefore, my expectation for it was it is "one of the best" and i'm not dissappointed. If you are a Filipino like me, staying here will not be very difficult for you because you can find Filipinos working in here. Their conceirge was a Filipino so there is a certain feeling of being at home. During our tour, we have a bus as our mode of transportation and buses have no parking space infront of the hotel so we usually enter at the back of the hotel.. But who cares, the back entrance was already a grand entrance.. When you enter from the back entrance you will first be astounded by a giant beautiful chandelier and a stair which will make you feel like a royalty.. Everything from check in was already taken care by our tour guide so everything went so smoothly.

The elevators are also so royalty like.. but it stopped there.. the corredors and the rooms seemed to be just the same as the usual hotels I have checked in. No view from the window.. a little of the lighted casinos. Also I have checked their list of amenities.. sad to say.. no gym.. not that I wanted to workout.. Just checking... so gym fanatics.. not good for you..

The shower room is remarkable.. I would love to soak myself in the tub.. but have no time doing that..

• Opinion of Price: N/A