Km 13, Genting Highlands, Pahang, 69000, Malaysia

Awana Hotel
Agoda.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Awana

I had been to Malaysia like in 2012... But my experience at Awana is unforgettable... The rooms were huge, the food was awesome and the estate was pretty good... Plus the attendants there were very well mannered.. Awana is one of the best hotels I have been to, and trust me I've been to many...

• yoolya's Profile Photo

Awana Resort

This hotel is advertised as being 5 star!!!! WHAT???? Well, maybe because it has so many features it is called 5 star, because of the amount of facilities, not neceserilly the standard..... far from 5 star standards!!!!

Yes it has a golf course, yes, other activites for the kids, yes, a fountain when you enter.... but these are all like, 30 years old...... and is DESPERATE need of refurbishment!!!

The room, it's quite spacious, it has an enormous entrance room (waste of space if you ask me, cos it's just a massive empty... that's right, empty).... it has a large bathroom, with the biggest shower I have ever cleaned myself in, and it also has a pretty big bedroom, kitchen, and another lounge area. They are all very spacious..... but still set in the 70's!!! Have not been updated since than. The decor is old, there are tiles missing from the floors, the rooms is all dusty, and the windows look like they haven't been cleaned in many, many years. It's even quite hard to see through them clearly, as they are all misty. And although there is a balcony with chairs, I didn't dare to sit on them, nor even go out there. They were filthy.... and I couldn't even leave the fly screen door open in fear of the spiders getting in somehow!!

Unique Quality: Asked to change to another room, as this was definitely NOT up to a 5 star standard, nor a 3 star for that matter (not that I have ever stayed in that low a star rating hotel, but I can only imagine!!!).... so we got a new room...... just as bad!!!

Initially gave them the befenit of the doubt, that we just lucked out on a old room.... but the second room was jut as bad. Hidious in fact!!!! We initially booked in to stay 3 nights, but left after the first night (and only stayed the one night because we were desperate to visit the casino and other entertainment facilities, so didn't want this crumby place to spoil our plans.

All I can say is that I will definitely not be going back there!!!!! It's certainly NOT a 5 star hotel, and unless they spend a few MILLION dollars on a re-vamp.... can't see it getting any better!!!!

• imstress's Profile Photo

Awana Genting Highlands

Awana Genting Highlands Golf & Country Resort is certainly a refreshing getaway from the hustle and bustle of the city.

This 5-Star hotel, has 493 well appointed guestrooms, 17 well equipped function rooms with spacious foyers, and an 18-hole award winning golf course.

Located on a hill, it is surrounded by a lush tropical jungle that makes for the perfect setting to conduct team building exercises or just to explore into the unknown.

Stepping into the Awana Genting Highlands Golf & Country Resort is like stepping into a whole new world of lush greenery and endless adventures.

More about Awana Genting Highlands

Greenish land...

by shirbon about Awana Genting Resort

This is my first time stay at Awana...Never expect it is so cool...really nice! I was there with friends, really enjoy, enjoy and enjoy!!! Quite expensive!!! Golf and a lot more...it has fresh air and great great views...

This is our lovely hotel room...

by Krystynn

This is our lovely hotel room at the Awana Genting Highland Golf & Country Resort, GENTING HIGHLAND. I don't think all rooms here have jacuzzis, so you MUST request for a suite room with it. Don't worry, it's really NOT expensive (otherwise we poor girls wouldn't be able to afford it either!). We paid less than RM400 per night (that works out to be approx. US$100 per night!). Here's the address....

8th Mile, 69500 Genting Highland, Malaysia. (Tel : 03-262 3555)

If you're escaping into the...

by Krystynn

If you're escaping into the highlands of Malaysia, can I recommend you this FANTASTIC resort up in GENTING HIGHLAND called - The Awana Genting Highland Golf & Country Resort? It consists of lovely condominium apartments with a jacuzzi inside their HUGE suites! Ah... heavenly. :-))

The EXCELLENT facilities here has turned this place into a true golf haven and a popular destination for a short getaway holiday... from the bustling city life in Kuala Lumpur or Singapore....

Our one-bedroom condo apartment cost us less than RM400 per night. That works out to be less than US$100! Book through your travel agent. You should be getting a very much better deal.

room at awana genting highlandroom at awana genting highland

Awana Genting Highlands resort to Theme Park

by mchhokar

I am about to book a room in Awana Genting Highlands Golf Resort.
Is it too far from theme parks? Whats a way to reach theme park from this hotel.
Do we have to take a taxi or cable car?
I read that theme park hotel, resort hotel, genting hotel at at the base theme park and awana genting is a little down the hill.
Is there a way to come back from theme park to the awana genting if I get late at night in theme park.
Is it worth staying at the theme park hotels rather than at awana genting else.
I am not a golfer btw.
Thanks,
Mannu

RE: Awana Genting Highlands resort to Theme Park

by francischris

Awana is midway but accomodation is much better.Ask for a room overlooking the golf course.There is regular shuttle bus to the top ask the reception for a time table.If it is beyond regular hr can always catch a cab.

Comments