Maxims Genting Hotel

Costs 123% more than similarly rated 2 star hotels

More about Maxims Genting Hotel

Genting Hotel

by imstress about Genting Hotel

Towering majestically at 2,000 metres above sea level is the five-star international class Genting Hotel with its 570 luxurious rooms, an extensive range of entertainment and recreational facilities

Accomodation

by zwphang about Genting Hotel

Of the hotels I have stayed in Genting,this is the best one.Its rooms are well furnished and this hotel has good facilities.Check in is much faster than other hotels. Indoor heated pool
Galleria Observatory

Five-star international class

by snuggie about Genting Hotel

Towering majestically at 6,000 feet above sea level is the five-star international class Genting Hotel. It offers an extensive range of entertainment and recreational facilities for the discerning guests. Business centre,
Internet access (selected rooms),
casino,
car park (free parking)

Not a bad stay

by Yijie about Genting Hotel

On the whole, the stay has been satisfactory. There is no question on the standard of their rooms. Service is efficient and room requests are met with fast responses. However, enquires with their staff on restaurants or entertainment have not been informative. E.g. wrong directions were given.

European style hotel

by Shino~ about Highland Hotel

Though I never live at this hotel. But when I stand in this hotel lobby, I enjoy watching nice European style statue. I heard it's a great hotel. :o) So, it is worth to introduce this hotel to you! It is just next to Genting Hotel. During night time, beautiful lights near the car park are on, it makes the scene beautiful and comfortable.

Cheapest hotel in Genting Highland

by Tenzin about Hotel New World

Prices can drop to a low of S$39 a nite during off peak season. Of course the hotel will more than recover the cost through your gambling and expenses. Basic and functional. Makes sense when all you want is to go out and have fun.

Virtually Living Above the Clouds

by Aidy_p about Resort Hotel

It was a totally awesome stay as the entire hotel has recently gone through a major renovation. At least for the Deluxe and Super Deluxe rooms. The check-in was done in super quick time (Less than 10 minutes) and the entire lobby was inviting. Definitely a value-for-money hotel to consider. But remember to book at least three weeks in advance for off-peak and 1 month or more if you're going during peak season. Check-in was at 3pm. My family and I arrived at about 4pm and we were given a room with a horrendous view. i.e. View totally blocked by Genting Hotel and a host of other air-ventilation units that totally dissolved any excitement that we had.

BUT!

I thought that since it was my first time staying in this hotel and also, I have my secret weapon in my little girl, that I trodded down to the counter and somewhat demanded (Actually, it was more like pleaded) the counter staff to change the room. Lo and behold, I was given a room with a view to die for! A great view of the theme park and the mountain ridges where the clouds regularly envelopes the entire region. You'd be forgiven for thinking that you're in heaven!

The Deluxe room also came with two super single bed, and a bathroom with great showering facilities. Definitely a must-book for my next trip.

If you're spending a weekend...

by Krystynn

If you're spending a weekend up on GENTING HIGHLAND and want to stay right smack where all the action is, may I humbly recommend the best hotel here? The Genting Hotel, perched atop a hill. There's a huge casino and all sorts of 24-hour entertainment to keep you occupied here! Since the weather up in the highlands is pretty cool, try and bring along a warm sweater or jacket (just in case).....

5 Star hotel Disappointment

by mayshi about Genting Highglands Hotel

Our family of six booked two premier rooms at the Genting Highlands Hotel last May 24, 2006. We arrived before check-in time, and was given a pre-registration, and instructed by the reception to come back for the keys to the room in the afternoon.

When we went up to our room, it was a mess and wasn't cleaned up yet after previous occupant checked out., housekeeping informed us that they will send someone to clean the room immediately. We didn't mind as we are going out to the Genting Indoor themepark with the children and would be back by midnight. Before we left the room , I put marks on the cases of the used pillows on all the beds, to check later if they will be replaced with clean cases. When we came back by midnight , the room looked made up , but when I check the pillows, all the marks were still there, they just fluff the pillows without changing the cases. After we complained, housekeeping sent up someone to change the pillowcases.Makes me wonder if they had change the sheets too, but I have no way of knowing as I didn't mark them.....

Then I saw baby cochroaches crawling in and out of the bathroom door jamb, as all my 4 children have great phobia for the roach, I just kept quiet so as not to spoil their enjoyment.

I would certainly not reccomend this hotel to others as it is not worth the 5 star price we paid for. 1) Highlands Hotel is very near the skyway cable car station, very convenient if you have hand carry with you.
2) Walkable complex of shops and restaurants connecting to the indoor and outdoor themeparks.
3) rides inside the indoor themepark suitable for small children, for teen-agers and adults, the outdoor themepark rides would be better for them.
4) The indoor themepark's 4D Magic pales in comparison if you had tried Disney's 4D.

Genting HotelGenting Hotel

Genting HotelGenting Hotel

Genting Hotel viewGenting Hotel view

Lobby of Genting HotelLobby of Genting Hotel

First World, Resort, or Genting Hotel?

by porklet

Which hotel would you recommend if we are looking for a clean, spacious room? We have two elderlies and a pregnant woman in our party :) so preferably at a hotel at a convenient location to the restaurants, casino etc too.

I heard that First World has some big rooms as well? some rooms can be quite small, but i heard there are the new wing has big rooms?

Any comments to share? thanks!

RE: First World, Resort, or Genting Hotel?

by Jannoo

With elderies and pregnant woman, I suggest Resort/ Genting hotel. Genting hotel is the most convinient and nearest to the restaurants and casino.

First World is a 'budget' hotel it's not spacious even with the largest room. Resorts hotel is a bit of walking distance to casino...but a bit cheaper from Genting hotel.

Enjoy

RE: First World, Resort, or Genting Hotel?

by webstop

Genting Hotel, Highlands Hotel and Resorts Hotel are just right above the casino, (of course, the reception is below the casino), if casino is your preference. Theme Park Hotel is a short distance from the three, but cheaper, and just outside is entrance to outdoor theme park. First World Hotel should also have casino, but with slot machine only. Both hotels had a lot of restaurants and activities. But first world is very small, I think I have hard way to turn in the toilet too.

RE: RE: First World, Resort, or Genting Hotel?

by faridah

Stay away from First World. The rooms are tiny even when they say big. No service. Better off in the other hotels.

First World Hotel "early" check in,

by sajwl

hi, I plan to go to Genting by overnight bus coach from Singapore
ETA Genting around 4-5 Am , in the morning
Does anyone has experience in the early check in at Genting Hotel (mostly in Fisrt World Hotel)

What is the taxi fare from Skyway Lower Station to Genting?

by yuyinh

Hi, anybody know what is the taxi fare from Skyway Lower Station to Genting Hotel?

RE: What is the taxi fare from Skyway Lower Station to Genting?

by Jannoo

My experience is from Station to Genting at night. So the taxi don't run meter. Depends on your negotiation skill ;)

If you come from Genting hotel to station, you can booked the hotel cab and they should give you a fixed price.

by yuyinh

Hi, what is the taxe fare u negotiated from station to Genting?

by batgirl1001

The bargaining rate is about RM$20 or so.

by ytk

Kinda strange to read your question, Skyway actually takes you directly to Genting Hotel building.

by redgray

yup, and the cable car almost run at all hours. and for those who don't like the sometimes noisy and not at all scenic cable car ride, there are (free) bus service at almost all hours. but.... maybe when someone is in a hurry.....not more than rm20.

Comments